Merge year lines for Algeria P#137 [solved]

7 posts • viewed 54 times

This message aims at: requesting the modification of a banknote in the catalogue

Upvotes: 2
Downvotes: 0
This note, https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note204505.html, has two year lines, the correct 21/5/92 and a spurious "1996" with the comment "Dated 1992". Can the second please be removed and members moved to the first? See below for evidence that only the 1992 date exists
http://banknote.ws/COLLECTION/countries/AFR/ALG/ALG0137.htm
Former Numista referee for banknotes from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Saint Helena.
I have narked mine as 1996 dated 1992. And it's my picture in the listing. I have a vague memory that the notes were printed 1992 but released 1996, but I have no source for that at the moment.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Wikipedia shows that (not that that's a reliable source), along with a few other websites. Sadly, the Banque d'Algerie just gives this note as part of "Série 1990". Either way, it does appear there's only one type.
Former Numista referee for banknotes from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Saint Helena.
Yes, I believe it's just one type, so either way there should only be one year line.
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Can I propose then that we merge into a single year with the full date 21/5/92 and add the comment "Issued in 1996"?
I'd agree with that.
Done. :)
Status changed to Done (Sulfur, 29-May-2021, 01:36)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 21:23.