Peru: 5 soles, km316 [solved]

5 posts • viewed 97 times

This message aims at: requesting the modification of a coin in the catalogue

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces4092.html

1. There are 2 types of edges (rims), reeded and not reeded (plain), but the two different types never occur in the same year, so no use to document them in the year lines, it's enough to have the documentation in the comments section.

2. There are 3 types of designs 1A, 2A and 2B, but again only one design per year, so no need to define them in the year lines.

3. Strange enough the years 2004 and 2005 have NO indication of any of the 3 type mentioned in point 2?

Suggestion leave all the different designs and types in the comments section and clear the year lines.

Edit 2. 2005 is Type 2B, I know, since I have it, so only the 2004 is "unknown"
Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com
Are we sure 2004/2005 follow the same pattern (i.e. Edge type A, obverse type 2, reverse type B)? Also, are we sure 2004 even exists?
Quote: "rsirian1"​Are we sure 2004/2005 follow the same pattern (i.e. Edge type A, obverse type 2, reverse type B)? Also, are we sure 2004 even exists?
​We can not be sure the 2004 exists, the 2005 does.
Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com
Status changed to Done (Jarcek, 20-Jan-2023, 12:24)

Sent a CR with a change for 2005 and note for 2004 to the referee.

Catalogue administrator

Jarcek

Sent a CR with a change for 2005 and note for 2004 to the referee.

About 2004 issue: 

- One of my collecting ranges is South América circulating coins 21st. century, and I don't have the 2004 one. 

- 2004 issue is not listed on Krause , neither is listed on Numismaster.

- Mintage 2 million on 2002, and 6 million on 2005 suggest higher mintage was to compensate not issues from 2003 and 2004.

- Amounts registered by users on Numista: 124 on 2002, 13 on 2004, and 282 on 2005 also suggest registrations were mistakes or just not caring the year (I noticed some users just register all years of each coin they have).

- I was not able to find any picture of 2004 issue on internet.

Please send me list of users registering 2004 issue to mail to PM them asking confirmation of register.

@Sjoelund:

Same as I commented in another thread, the reason for variations being listed on year lines, even if there is no variant within each year, is cause some collectors are interested on variants over years (prefer to have all variations, but not interested in all years). If only detailed on comments section but not on year lines, will mean they need to open each coin page to check if there are variants.

I am accepting the change requested.

Just 10 options: you understand binary, or you don't.
Catalog Referee Coins, Banknotes & Exonumia: Uruguay, Cuba, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Panama, Ecuador, Zamunda, Parva Domus and more.
Status changed to Started (Jarcek, 20-Jan-2023, 15:15)
Status changed to Done (Compendium, 18-Aug-2023, 20:29)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:56.