Need Switzerland resident to swap 8th series banknotes into 9th series [solved]

3 posts • viewed 133 times
hello, I have two banknotes from Swiss 8th series - 1 x 20 CHF and 1 x 10 CHF.

I need someone from Switzerland (or anyone) who is willing to exchange them for the same denominations in the new 9th series. I will be using the new series as currency on an upcoming trip (not collecting or saving them), so the quality does not have to be perfect. I would exchange them myself on my trip, but I will not be going to the larger cities with a SNB branch.

My notes are part of my swap list if anyone is looking for the specific note/signatures. Photo below..

This exchange will only go forward with an official swap page. I will send appropriate Swiss coins for return postage.

Thanks, Darcy

Hi,
the 8th series banknotes can be exchanged in Swiss postoffices and at the counter of the Swiss railways SBB until end of October 2021. This, as both companies are still federally run in Switzerland in contrast to most other European countries.
So if you go before end of October this would be the easiest solution, as literally spoken every tiny village, also in the remotest Alpine valley seems to have a post office.
If you go later than October, please send me a PM and I will be happy to help.
Best wishes
in the end everything will be good - if it's not good, then it's not the end...
Quote: "darcyrmt"​hello, I have two banknotes from Swiss 8th series - 1 x 20 CHF and 1 x 10 CHF.

​I need someone from Switzerland (or anyone) who is willing to exchange them for the same denominations in the new 9th series. I will be using the new series as currency on an upcoming trip (not collecting or saving them), so the quality does not have to be perfect. I would exchange them myself on my trip, but I will not be going to the larger cities with a SNB branch.

​My notes are part of my swap list if anyone is looking for the specific note/signatures. Photo below..

​This exchange will only go forward with an official swap page. I will send appropriate Swiss coins for return postage.

​Thanks, Darcy

​i would swap them for 1000 baht note from Thailand.
Status changed to Solved (darcyrmt, 19-Jun-2021, 18:31)
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 18-Sep-2021, 05:28)
Topic moved to "Banknote swaps" (ZacUK, 8-Sep-2022, 17:26)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 13:32.