Oman 1/2 Rial 1995 [solved]

8 posts • viewed 81 times
Please can the experts identify what this is? 1/2 Rial Oman
Bottom left in the area of the watermark window, there are 3 palpable dots. Was wondering if it was braille or a security feature.
tried searching for information, couldn't find any.

Had a quick read through this article - has nice info. pjsymes
They are Braille dots
Even I have one such banknote
Numista Referee for Coins of Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of Tunisia & Kingdom of Morocco
🇧🇭🇸🇦🇹🇳🇲🇦

Miss you Kimiji <3
Quote: "Amraan Amjad"​They are Braille dots
​Even I have one such banknote
​I'm not an expert on Braille (or even a novice) but to me those dots don't look raised and there's nothing on the back in the same location that looks like an impression. Can you actually feel them? In Braille those 3 dots represent either "H" or "8" which makes no sense to me.
Yes
Check Every Banknotes of 1995 Series has some sort of lines or dots, like 100 baisa has one dot & 200 baisa has two dots
Numista Referee for Coins of Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of Tunisia & Kingdom of Morocco
🇧🇭🇸🇦🇹🇳🇲🇦

Miss you Kimiji <3
Quote: "Amraan Amjad"​Yes
​Check Every Banknotes of 1995 Series has some sort of lines or dots, like 100 baisa has one dot & 200 baisa has two dots
​Yes I just checked the others and you're right. I'm guessing they're not Braille letters/numbers (since they don't represent anything in Braille) but another type of tactile feature for the blind and vision impaired.
These are security features/ differentiation help for the vision impaired most often done with intaglio printing techniques.
Correct
:`
🇧🇭🇸🇦🇹🇳🇲🇦

Miss you Kimiji <3
Quote: "Idolenz"​These are security features/ differentiation help for the vision impaired most often done with intaglio printing techniques.
​Thanks Idolenz.
Status changed to Solved (BluHawk, 4-Aug-2021, 21:19)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:49.