Add other currency symbols to coin prices [solved]

11 posts • viewed 164 times

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 5
Downvotes: 1

» Quick access to the last post

I recently noticed that in coin prices for default EUR currency was added € symbol.
Can you please add symbols for other currencies that have them?
I changed my currency to RUB and now I see prices again without currency, but I always think it's in euros as I am used to it always showing in euros.
for RUB it's ₽
Hello,
I added the symbol ₽ for RUB. The currency code is anyway always mentioned below the table.
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 26-Sep-2021, 16:03)
Thanks! Yes, now I see it.

​​​​​​I am from the Philippines, and the Philippine peso sign also added! Thank you for supporting us Filipino coin collectors and/or numismatists!
Ang numismatika ay libangan ng pag-aaral ng barya at perang papel.
Numismatics is the hobby on studying coins and banknotes
Numismatik adalah hiburan pelajaran uang logam dan uang kertas.
Here's more to add - but I don't know if all currencies are available on Numista:
Armenian Dram: ֏
Azerbaijani Manat: ₼
Bangladeshi Taka: ৳
Chinese Yuan: ¥ (元)
Costa Rican Colón: ₡
Georgian Lari: ₾
Ghanan Cedi: ₵
Indian Rupee: ₹
Israeli Shekel: ₪
Japanese Yen: ¥ (円)
Kazakh Teñge: ₸
Korean Won: ₩
Mongolian Tögrög: ₮
Nigerian Naira: ₦
Paraguayan Guaraní: ₲
Thai Baht: ฿
Turkish Lira: ₺
Ukrainian Hryvnia: ₴
VIetnamese Đồng: ₫

0:)
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
BTW I noticed that in catalog with "fast input" enabled prices are shown differently, with decimal point and with no currency.
Is there a good reason to add a currency symbol when you personally have selected your currency in the options?
To me it looks like they just waste limited space and force rounding.
Quote: "Idolenz"​Is there a good reason to add a currency symbol when you personally have selected your currency in the options?
​To me it looks like they just waste limited space and force rounding.
​I dunno. Maybe it's good if you've forgotten what currency you have chosen. ;) And if the alternative is the ISO code, it's definitely better with a symbol.

Well, my currency don't even have a fancy symbol, so I'm not really affected by the "problem".

I just thought it could be handy to have them all in one place if someone what's to use it. :°
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
I hadn't even noticed the forced rounding before! And already don't like it. Ugh.
Prices above 10 are rounded because the Numista estimate is not precise enough. There is no point of showing a price like $20.46 when the real value is likely to be anywhere between $16 and $24.
I'm interested to know why you don't like it.
Quote: "Xavier"There is no point of showing a price like $20.46 when the real value is likely to be anywhere between $16 and $24.

​This is a fair point.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 19:14.