Why does Numista block VPN? [solved]

7 posts • viewed 197 times

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 1
Downvotes: 0
Hello. I use the ProtonVPN on my computer, but I have to shut it off if I want to visit Numista. Is this an intentional policy? If so, could someone please explain the reason? Thanks.
Chris
I am not 100% sure why but when I use VPN it often doesn't work but sometimes it does. Maybe you have to stay on the same server that you've first logged in on your session or at least the same country?
I've never had an issue accessing Numista with my VPN up.

Well I spoke too soon. I'm not being blocked but with the VPN up it is taking 10 seconds to open anything.
Numista blocks some IP addresses for security reasons. Do you know what is your external IP address when using ProtonVPN? It would help to review the blacklist.
Quote: "Xavier"​Numista blocks some IP addresses for security reasons. Do you know what is your external IP address when using ProtonVPN? It would help to review the blacklist.
​Each time I connect to the VPN it gives me a different IP address. I was just connected using 185.156.46.37 and it didn't work, and then immediately started working when I disconnected. Can you check that address?
I unblocked the IP addresses belonging to the same host. Please let me know if you still experience any blockage.
Status changed to Solved (Xavier, 22-Feb-2022, 21:01)
Quote: "Xavier"​I unblocked the IP addresses belonging to the same host. Please let me know if you still experience any blockage.
​Yes, I just reconnected (same IP address) and it works now! I also tried connecting through a Canadian IP and it worked as well. Seems like you have resolved it, thanks very much!

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:26.