The percent #

6 posts • viewed 119 times
What are the percent #s you see when searching for a coin? Some say 5%, 3%, 26%
The probability of members who own that type owning a certain year line ... so an approximation of rarity.
0% nobody who owns a coin of this type owns one of that year line
100% everybody who owns that type owns that year line
Topic moved to "Numista website" (ZacUK, 24-Feb-2022, 06:40 pm)
Is there some way this definition can be shown on the pages? Otherwise, it inevitably looks wrong since the values never add up to 100%.
Numista referee for banknotes from Ireland, Northern Ireland & Scotland.
Quote: "ceh2019"​Is there some way this definition can be shown on the pages? Otherwise, it inevitably looks wrong since the values never add up to 100%.
Frequencies show the percentage of Numista users who own each year or variety among all the users who own this coin. Since some users own several versions, the sum may be greater than 100%.

I think it already is? Actually 100% is the absolute minimum the sum can be by definition.
You're right, it is shown at the bottom of the page. I doubt I'm the only one to miss this, so maybe some link could be made from the title to the explanation?
Numista referee for banknotes from Ireland, Northern Ireland & Scotland.
I tried something to better show the definition of this column: a tooltip if you hover the column title "frequency" and it brings to the definition if you click it. It's still discreet, but hopefully easier to find.

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 08:38 pm.