About Fire Damage Coins

7 posts • viewed 310 times
Howdy,

I've been doing research about coins which have been in fire, and I wanted to use this forum to reach out to share and discuss with other collectors.

I have a coin which has "bubbling" marks, it's a silver Danish 4 Skilling 1694. I originally thought it was a planchet error and I was going to sell it, because it has black toning and I didn't like it that much, but now I think it could be a fire coin.

It has bubbling (or blistering as some people call it) on both sides, and is very black despite idiot me trying to polish it when I first bought it. I think there were a lot of fires in Denmark at this time, there was an exhibit about it in the Copenhagen museum. I don't know if it sits well with me that this coin could have come from a fire which killed somebody.

I've seen a photo or two online of other coins which have blistering, here:

Do you think there could be other causes for rippling? Do you have any fire damaged coins? What are your thoughts in general about collecting coins which have been affected or bear scars of where they have been? Look forward to hearing your comments
Have a nice May Day across the ocean.

Each coin has its own birth certificate and life destiny, only the coin does not choose it, but fate itself - we have the opportunity to influence ourselves -people.
What you are looking for is mentioned in the thread below. Thousands of fire borders broke out across our country tonight to burn witches, and many coins end up in fire. Behind my house, 10 meters from the windows, people have been setting fire to fires for thousands of years, it is a ritual taken from the Celts. And believe that more than one bachelor ends up burned or his wallet on fire.
( Thanks for the wishes- ,,Frenchlover,,-​happy Pálení čarodějnic )
And believe me, my token (exonumia), which I donated to one organizer last night, could have ended up in a fire, at least according to the condition of the young man who carries the equipment for the event after 6 beers and countless glasses of hard alcohol.

Yes, coins sometimes end up on fire, it's destiny.
I know but Ferencz -full name: Franz Joseph Karl von Habsburg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Joseph_I_of_Austria
the last coin in the sample ( thus silver tears only at a tears. certain temperature and the surrounding material which also affects it)
Yes, it's a coin after a fire ( And not ordinary even fires can be famous) has a story ( only I have no proof of that story so I never publish it)

The coin is as old as my house:

Ahoj Ivan

here is
Very cool, thanks for sharing
I've got one too. Not a pretty coin, but I wonder how it became to be melted. There were a number of wars in this area after 1910.
20 Para - Mehmed V
My uncles shop burnt in 1971. Dad and I went to check out the destruction the next day. There was a safe with the door wide open standing in the middle of the floor. The contents survived but I found this coin laying on top of the safe. I handed it to my uncle, he handed it back to me and told me to put it in my pocket and said that he had enough memories of the fire already.
Quote: "Beekeeper"​My uncles shop burnt in 1971. Dad and I went to check out the destruction the next day. There was a safe with the door wide open standing in the middle of the floor. The contents survived but I found this coin laying on top of the safe. I handed it to my uncle, he handed it back to me and told me to put it in my pocket and said that he had enough memories of the fire already.
Wow, thats so cool you have the first hand story. That must be a very strong memory for you, and the coin makes it even more incredible
Quote: "jhorlick"​I've got one too. Not a pretty coin, but I wonder how it became to be melted. There were a number of wars in this area after 1910.
​20 Para - Mehmed V
​That's so cool! I think it makes collecting so much cooler when you can link it to a historic event like a war, it's like "this has seen it, been scarred by it"

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 02:20.