Great Aussie Coin Hunt 3

14 posts • viewed 266 times

» Quick access to the last post

Starting from Monday May 9th Australia Post will issue the 3rd iteration of the Great Aussie Coin Hunt. Twenty Six new $1 commemorative coins in the series.

The 26 coins each represent a letter of the alphabet.
Celebrating the icons of Australian life from A to Z!
Each coin struck to Uncirculated standard from aluminium-bronze.
Official Australian legal tender, each coin is 25mm diameter & 9gram weight.

Some more info here.

As soon as I get my hands on the coins I will upload them to Numista.

You can get the coins in 4 different ways.

1 - Buy the tube with 26 coins for $47 (Includes Folder).
2 - Buy something from the Post Office using cash and get some random ones in change at face value.
3 - Buy them in a small coincard from the Post Office for $3 each (Total $78)
4 - Order them from Australia Post online in the coincard at $3 each.

They will also be releasing 4 of them in PNC's at $17.95 each.

Regards Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.
Quote: brismike​Starting from Monday May 9th Australia Post will issue the 3rd iteration of the Great Aussie Coin Hunt. Twenty Six new $1 commemorative coins in the series.

​The 26 coins each represent a letter of the alphabet.
​Celebrating the icons of Australian life from A to Z!
​Each coin struck to Uncirculated standard from aluminium-bronze.
​Official Australian legal tender, each coin is 25mm diameter & 9gram weight.

​Some more info here.

​As soon as I get my hands on the coins I will upload them to Numista.

​You can get the coins in 4 different ways.

​1 - Buy the tube with 26 coins for $47 (Includes Folder).
​2 - Buy something from the Post Office using cash and get some random ones in change at face value.
​3 - Buy them in a small coincard from the Post Office for $3 each (Total $78)
​4 - Order them from Australia Post online in the coincard at $3 each.

​They will also be releasing 4 of them in PNC's at $17.95 each.

​Regards Mike

Wowwwwwww,
Amazing
I checked them in Half-Asleep Chris with other Aussie Numismatist
Kinda Aussie CounterPart of British Alphabetical Coins
Really Amazed, But Expensive for My Budget ( 6 Dollars per Month )
 ×(  :(@
Best Regards,
Amraan Amjad
Numista Referee for Coins of Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of Tunisia & Kingdom of Morocco
🇧🇭🇸🇦🇹🇳🇲🇦
I bought 5 Sets of these Aussie Coin Hunt Coins today - Have taken pics and will upload soon.

More info here - https://auspost.com.au/great-aussie-coin-hunt#faqs

Click on View all coins at the top of the page on the above webpage link to see more info and images about each coin.

Regards Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.
My nephew will have to go to the post office again for me, these are a superb series
Wow and I thought The Royal Mint were getting bad....
Quote: "peterjhalford"​Wow and I thought The Royal Mint were getting bad....
​Royal mint >>> Lets put a few 50p and £2 Commemorative coins out :|

Royal Australian Mint >>> Hold my Beer :8D :° 8) ;)

Cheers Mike
I have now added all 27 Coins to Numista.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?e=australia_section&r=&ct=coin&im1=&im2=&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&tp=y&tt=y&cat=y&ru=&ca=3&no=&v=&i=&b=&d=&u=&a=&dg=&m=&f=&t=&w=&mt=&g=&se=Great+Aussie+Coin+Hunt+3&c=&wi=&sw=

Cheers Mike
Quote: "brismike"​I have now added all 27 Coins to Numista.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?e=australia_section&r=&ct=coin&im1=&im2=&tb=y&tc=y&tn=y&tp=y&tt=y&cat=y&ru=&ca=3&no=&v=&i=&b=&d=&u=&a=&dg=&m=&f=&t=&w=&mt=&g=&se=Great+Aussie+Coin+Hunt+3&c=&wi=&sw=

​Cheers Mike
​Solid work! Look at all that uniformity in data... mmmmmmmm makes my heart and OCD's all warm and fuzzy.
The difference is the RAM issue a completely different set each year with new designs whereas tgg by r royal mint just changed the date on the 10p sets
It is more an Australia Post thing than a RAM thing .. The RAM mints them but it is Aussie Post that does all the marketing/promotion etc.

It definitely gets the kids collecting coins though and you would be surprised at how many get into circulation. You can just walk into a Post Office, buy a 50 cent stamp with a $5 note and ask for change in $1 coins and you will get these Alphabet coins. Then people spend them and they show up all over the place.

When they first came out in 2019 they were a little cagy at releasing them, only certain letters each week, but now it is a free for all.

Cheers Mike
Finding non-circulating coins in circulation is one of the great things about this hobby!
Quote: "brismike"​I bought 5 Sets of these Aussie Coin Hunt Coins today - Have taken pics and will upload soon.

​More info here - https://auspost.com.au/great-aussie-coin-hunt#faqs

​Click on View all coins at the top of the page on the above webpage link to see more info and images about each coin.

​Regards Mike
​Mike, what was your strike rate on the coloured 'X' coin?
Quote: "auscoin"
Quote: "brismike"​I bought 5 Sets of these Aussie Coin Hunt Coins today - Have taken pics and will upload soon.
​​
​​More info here - https://auspost.com.au/great-aussie-coin-hunt#faqs
​​
​​Click on View all coins at the top of the page on the above webpage link to see more info and images about each coin.
​​
​​
​​
​​Regards Mike
​​Mike, what was your strike rate on the coloured 'X' coin?
​Out of the five sets I bought I was very surprised to find the very first two I opened had coloured cruX coins. So 2 out of 5 aint bad.

Cheers Mike
Lucky bugger

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 11:25 pm.