Who did invest in cryptocurrencies ?

26 posts • viewed 773 times

» Quick access to the last post

And … what about your investment ?

May be Elon Musk ?

Referee of south atlantic islands

Not me, as I reckon ‘cryptocurrencies’ are scams.

Aidan.

I recently sold some coins for Bitcoins…. Now it doesn't seem to be a good idea, but I think I didn't loose too much:))

Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor

More a “crypto” then “currency” 

crypto 🤨huh? currency 😕 wha?

Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac

Mr. Midnight

crypto 🤨huh? currency 😕 wha?

Sounds pretty crappy, I reckon.

I'd rather spend money on banknotes & coins - not even bothering to waste time on what I regard as scams.

Aidan.

I see all the movements of cryptocurrencies and also the shares of hundreds of companies and I can invest for freeHave a nice day dear colleagues.

I just play when it's raining and I can't do outside in the garden, "the affected veteran.

Many years ago, I set up a "Revolut" account just for trading and transfers-Many years ago,I moved the ridiculous amount to the cryptocurrency "Bitcoin"

But that bitcoin is a tragedy, when I invest a larger amount, we cry - almost half is gone (only 150 crowns - what is one hamburger)

My cell phone demo of my account:

of the 150, 96 remained

I see all the movements of cryptocurrencies and also the shares of hundreds of companies and I can invest for free. I don't want to be a suicide and I don't understand it so I just follow and think and I don't find logic.

But because I'm playful and eternally curious, a month ago my brother-in-law sent me an invitation to something new, simple, one day just confirm the continuation of mining.

,, I will send an invitation,,

So far, I think 35 million people are benefiting and the system is evolving and not yet traded, just enter the name and it's explained on the web.

The name is ,, pi ,, Greek

.. simple and at the beginning of the world order of the future,, only once a day run without energy and deposits mining free.

I don't know if I should trust the mining and success of the project creators at the universities, but you know my attitude to human faith and I wouldn't download this if I had no doubt about the success:

my cell phone:

I just run mining for 24 hours there is quantity and speed / quantity.

Again, it's just me explained in one sentence, isn't it?

Ivan

Nice Pi mining i have too:

compte X/ ex-twitter: @NumisMedal

I don't know anything in mining, but doesn't the Pi network look suspiciously close to the Ponzi pyramide ?

Frenchlover

I don't know anything in mining, but doesn't the Pi network look suspiciously close to the Ponzi pyramide ?

Hi have a nice day.

It is not a Ponzi scheme or no money is paid and no goods are sold or goods are offered( this is already explained in the evaluation)

It may be a placebo, such a substitute to be a part of something, what may (yes may not) in the future bring benefits.

There are reviews and yes, no one knows if her strength will show.

My opinion is that the size of the community - the greater the chance that it will get on the traded stock exchange. There are 33 million 
people - perhaps a good application just for the joy of doing something for myself , 

,, It's a game and a placebo is my explanation,,

Ivan

Not for me.

If I don't understand it, I don't buy it.

tdziemia

Not for me.

If I don't understand it, I don't buy it.

Nice greeting.

This is not a purchase, Mining is free without the need for energy, just a mobile application.

If he doesn't go to the stock market this summer so I'll uninstall the app on my mobile in 5 seconds. I downloaded it to the phone a month ago just out of nostalgia.  

( In the past, I wanted to buy 1 bitcoin for $ 200-my wife tells me ,, you fell on your head on the stairs ,,) I didn't buy it!

I'm not sorry, I just could buy nice copper coins for it now. I'll wait to see if the creators of the system fulfill their dream and move "Pi" to the stock market - if not, I'll uninstall it.

Ivan

amyst

What do you guys think about crypto market? Is it dead?

Was it ever alive?

Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com

Like  tulip bulbs or beany babies it's always a game of hot potato.

China danger exercise gifs grenades mindwarp soldiers yikes - 5737650432

complete bolocks

Jamais l'or n'a perdu la plus petite occasion de se montrer stupide. -Balzac

Crypto is quite nice way for money transfers/ payments, especially transborder. Almost no commission, almost no restrictions due to the sanctions or national policies…. I believe they will be developed this way rather than investment possibility. 

Medieval sets for swap:https://en.numista.com/forum/topic140941.html

My personal list of scammers from Numista: erniemix, yvain, CassTaylor

Grinya

Crypto je docela dobrý způsob pro převody peněz / platby, zejména přeshraniční. Téměř žádná provize, téměř žádná omezení kvůli sankcím nebo národní politice…. Věřím, že se budou rozvíjet spíše tímto způsobem než investiční možností

Have a nice day.

Among us collectors, I would prefer a simple mobile bank, they have no fees, even when forwarding, the exchange rate between currencies is the best on the market during the week.

You can have around twenty currencies in your wallet as well as a physical and virtual card. The bank's headquarters are in London, but they bought the brick-and-mortar bank in Lithuania. I just don't know if they have access to the Russian market. It would be an ideal way of exchange for us, better than sending collector's euro notes to exchange for coins.

it's ,,Revolut,,-and for every new member there is a bonus.

There is also the possibility to buy stocks and cryptocurrencies, and so I transferred a very small amount to "Bitcoin"  just for fun i still leave the money there even though i can transfer it back.

,,So as of today, I am in a loss of -65.42 percent,,-This is an incredible amount, so investing in cryptocurrencies or even in transfers is absolutely wrong-I do not recommend playing with crypto.

Ivan

The Monkey money fable (from the french forum)

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, many monkeys lived near a village.

One day, a merchant came to the village to buy these monkeys!

He announced that he would buy the monkeys for $100 each.

The villagers thought this man was crazy. They thought, “how can someone buy stray monkeys for $100 each”?

However, some villagers caught monkeys and gave them to this merchant who paid them €100 for each monkey.

This news spread like wildfire and the villagers caught more monkeys and sold them to the merchant.

After a few days, the merchant announced that he would buy monkeys at €200 each.

Even the lazy villagers also ran to catch the remaining monkeys!

They sold these remaining monkeys for €200 each.

Then the merchant announced that he would buy monkeys at €500 each!

The villagers have started to lose sleep! They caught the remaining  six or seven monkeys, which was all that was left, and they got €500 each.

The villagers anxiously awaited the next announcement.

Then the merchant announced that he was going home for a week or two and when he returned he would buy monkeys for €1,000 each!

He asked his employee to take care of the monkeys. (His employee was alone to take care of all the monkeys in a large cage).

So the merchant went home to his house.

The villagers were very sad because there were no more monkeys to sell at €1,000 each.

So the employee told them that he would secretly sell them monkeys for €700 each.

This news spread like wildfire.

Since the trader would buy monkeys at €1,000 each, there would be a profit of €300 for each monkey.

The next day, the villagers lined up near the monkey cage.

The employee sold all the monkeys for €700 each. The rich bought monkeys in big batches.

The poor borrowed money and also bought monkeys!

The villagers took care of their monkeys and waited for the merchant to return.

But no one came!

Then they ran to see the employee.

But he was already gone too!

The villagers then realized that they had bought useless stray monkeys at €700 each and that they were now quite incapable of reselling them!

Bought my first BTC for $1200 range, 2nd in the sub 3k range. Bought a bit more after all sub 5k. First 50 ETH at $47 ea and 50 more under $100 ea in 2019 (I believe it was about $85 at that point).

May go to zero or may not… Been in market since late 2016. 

Am I recommending others buy at current pricing? I'm not gonna try to convince people either way. You need to do a risk assessment and decide on your own. 

Read a book called The Bitcoin Standard by Safadein Amos. Get a bit educated on BTC and ETH specifically. None of the other coins or tokens out there.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount this. 

I'd agree with most comments on 90% of market. But with BTC and ETH I totally disagree. Tulips shmulips…. 6 years in this market and meanwhile zero regrets. Not about dollars amount. Its about direction world is taking re traditional finance and web3.

would be wise to educate yourselves a bit. Read the above mentioned book. Don't shoot yourselves in the legs…

just my two cents…

all the best.

I sell my Duplicate or Un-Needed coins on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/str/coinsandmorenj.

In addition I see no parallels between coin collecting and crypto… not sure what people feel they need to choose one or the other. Totally two different things.

I sell my Duplicate or Un-Needed coins on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/str/coinsandmorenj.

Found the audio book of mentioned book on  youtube.com 

Do yourselves a favor and take the time to listen to it.

https://youtu.be/MRczbPu8SQM

For those less patient you can 1.5x the speed of audio.

Aaron

Reminds me of the South Sea bubble.

Diversification is the way to go with any investment, imho. 

And always have a little box of gold coins in the secret compartment too.

Irish banknotes: https://www.irishpapermoney.com - Finnish BanknotesPolish Banknotes

Hibernia

Reminds me of the South Sea bubble.

Diversification is the way to go with any investment, imho. 

And always have a little box of gold coins in the secret compartment too.

Hello colleagues.

Agree with the statement here.

*Yes, there are opponents and supporters- it's like everything, only historical experience is indisputable.

*Cryptocurrency after these demonstrations of stability cannot become dominant and take over the world first and the future.

*Every investment and especially cash for daily needs should be predictable and as stable as possible.

Example: After the collapse of the Austrian monarchy in 1918, there was a shortage of food in Vienna- whoever had silver coins got bread for gold, a lot of meat, milk and a lot of food.  

Those who did not have such coins did not feed their children.

Simple - put your hand on your heart and choose:

Gold First Republic Czechoslovak ducats and 10 ducats     - in the value of gold metal or the value of the same metal in the price of the currency in Bitcoin?

What would you choose to secure your future?  Here's just some info about ducats and believe me it's a term. investor before the 2nd World War and through the communists, after the velvet coup to the present a ruler to be understood.

https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svatov%C3%A1clavsk%C3%BD_duk%C3%A1t

There are individual mintage numbers:

https://zlataky.cz/zlata-mince-svaty-vaclav-desetidukat-ceskoslovensky-1935

https://www.numismatikapesek.cz/blog/svatovaclavsky-dukat-historie-soucasnost-cena/  -But interesting for the translator

For a silver crown with František  Joseph the First, a large loaf of bread - This is the certainty and historical experience of us simple and poor majority of mortals.

,,Therefore, I recommend gold and silver,,  -   ,, and I ox keep buying 2.5K BC bronze lately,, I too am fallible and need to reorient myself.

So I shortened the post, it's me,, Have a nice day and be healthy without stress,,

Ivan

Apologies for reviving a months-old thread, but I couldn't help but chime in. It's an interesting discussion about investing in cryptocurrencies. I was actually browsing online for crypto info and came across moonbitcoins.com, which offers free Bitcoin mining. But back to the topic, I understand the importance of stability and predictability in investments, especially for daily needs. The historical experience you mentioned about silver coins during the shortage of food in Vienna is quite fascinating. Personally, I think it's essential to diversify investments and consider different options like gold, silver, and even cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Each has its own pros and cons. Thanks for sharing the info about ducats and the mintage numbers. It's always valuable to learn from historical examples.

While I don't think crypto is a smart long-term investment, nor do I think it will revolutionize the banking sector or the world economy, it has clearly demonstrated itself as a force to be reckoned with, at least in the short term. I've also heard that crypto is providing economic stability in places such as Sub-Saharan Africa and Venezuela where the government backed money is practically worthless (unfortunately I don't have a source to back this up so please only take it with a grain of salt) so it seems that there are pros and cons with it. Two other relatives and I put in a couple hundred dollars USD a few years ago to buy part of a Bitcoin and I think by this point we've lost money, but it's not too much of a loss. I wonder where crypto will end up in the next five, ten, twenty-five years…

Take a penny, leave a penny... or two

Greetings colleagues.

After a big dip in Bitcoin, my deposit is slowly coming back- the status at 17.00 today is minus 37%.

My deposit was only symbolic to experience the feeling of a great capitalist.

Lesson learned,, Ivan, never do things you don't understand, you will always end up wrong,,

I've had a very small amount transferred for maybe 3 years just to watch people's stupidity.

Ivan

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:07.