German Notgeld

8 posts • viewed 233 times

» Quick access to the last post

Hi,

I received a box with all kinds of older German coins, and i found this one, strangele enough without any indication of country or date.

I can't find any coin with value 2 in the Numista catalogie either.
Someone having an idea which coin this is ? Or is it a token ?

Txs a lot for every reply.

Frank

Lauras_dad

Here's one although yours looks to be copper.

N#149168

Indeed, looks a lot like it - so it seems to be a token, not a coin ?

And you are right, mine is not iron, seems to be copper - not magnetic for sure.

Txs for your reply

Lauras_dad

Somebody else can tell me something about this coin ?

It is 100 % sure not in iron, and that is the only metal found in the Numista listings.

Txs,

Frank

Lauras_dad

Is the diameter 17.4 mm?

2022 Menzel catalog's only listing for a copper notgeld with this marking is 17.4 mm.

There are 5 other notgelds listed with the same markings, but they are 4 zinc or 1 brass with 16.2 or 19.0 mm diameters (note there is no iron coin listed in Menzel with these markings).

Topic moved to "Coin identifications and valuations" (ZacUK, 9-Jun-2022, 17:03)

Hi,

Txs for your reply.

Diameter however is not 17.4 - it is 16.2 mm exactly as the one in Numista, but the metal is not correct.

Not iron for sure - looks copper.

Strange.

Lauras_dad
Topic moved to "Exonumia identifications and valuations" (ZacUK, 8-Sep-2022, 16:49)

These token were used for different purposes. Typically, the editor stamped his initials on the dotted line. In very few cases the Issuing entity is known. You will find some examples in the exonumia section. 

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/index.php?r=werth+marke&ct=exonumia&im1=&im2=&ttat=y&ttcw=y&ttde=y&ttdt=y&ttga=y&ttlo=y&ttte=y&ttpa=y&ttph=y&ttri=y&tttr=y&ttin=y&ttle=y&ttmi=y&ttsc=y&ttwc=y&ttsf=y&ttfe=y&ttfr=y&ttfu=y&ttut=y&ttbu=y&ttco=y&ttlt=y&ttta=y&ttwa=y&ttre=y&ttba=y&ttbr=y&ttca=y&ttcu=y&ttia=y&ttma=y&ttna=y&ttsa=y&ttua=y&ttxa=y&ttam=y&ttcm=y&ttem=y&tthm=y&ttim=y&ttsm=y&ttmm=y&ttpm=y&ttrm=y&ttxm=y&ttym=y&ttad=y&ttct=y&ttme=y&ttar=y&ttts=y&ttel=y&ttcs=y&ttes=y&ttrp=y&ttbl=y&ttbb=y&ttmt=y&ttpt=y&ttcf=y&ttcn=y&ttwe=y&ttfc=y&ttpe=y&ttfp=y&ttpl=y&tpat=y&tpcc=y&tpfa=y&tppa=y&tpre=y&tpso=y&tpco=y&tpfx=y&tppo=y&tppr=y&tppc=y&tprc=y&tptv=y&ttpr=y&ttot=y&tpop=y&cat=y&ru=&ca=6&no=&v=&i=&b=&ie=&u=&a=&dg=&m=&f=&t=&w=&mt=&g=&se=&d=&c=&wi=&sw=

The material looks like brass or zinc brass plated. 

Txs a lot for your reaction

Lauras_dad

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:25.