Unboxing of The Great Aussie Coin Hunt 3 , looking for the colorful X...

7 posts • viewed 171 times

I was able to get 3 sets of The Great Aussie Coin Hunt 3.  I am looking to see if I got one with the colorful X…

https://youtu.be/t0MDy8XI8y0

No luck… I bought ten sets (received in full box of 10 sets originally packaged in bigger box) and found only one coloured X. Last year I bought 6 sets for me and friends and not found any coloured (do it was the reason why I ordered ten this year, still have 4 for reselling).

I was able to remove tape not destroying the paper on tube in 9/10 cases but this needs little more patience when opening :)

Strange thing that I noticed: in my sets were no small yellow cartoon with QR code like in your tubes.

MMowiec

Strange thing that I noticed: in my sets were no small yellow cartoon with QR code like in your tubes.

If this was the case I believe that those tubes had been opened before you got them. All of the tubes had those small circular QR Code competition entry coupons in them. Where did you get them from if I may ask?

Regards Mike 

Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.

Always buy from a reputable dealer, I personally recommend Max Stern from Melbourne 

I bought directly in Royal Australian Mint and I received unopened big package with 10 albums and 10 rolls inside. So I guess not the case. And one of these 10 rolls were with coloured coin.

I ordered the first or second day after release of this series, I guess in May… maybe the QR code was added later, to make the offert more attractive.

I usually buy Australian coins directly in RAM eshop or from one dealer in Sydney who help to fill some gaps in older coins…

Max Stern - good shop, bought few times some lots of older coins in good prices.

OK, because you got them direct from the RAM that might explain it. The small discs with the QR code on them was for a competition run by Australia Post. So possibly only the sets sold by them had the discs.

Cheers Mike

Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 07:55 am.