I am proud to announce that the standardization work is finally over for the Canadian catalog, both for the French and English pages (subject to confirmation). Nearly 1700 hours in total were required to achieve this. Missing fields or fields that did not comply with Numista rules have been completed and/or adjusted. The result is a catalog that is fairly complete, homogeneous and more pleasant to consult for members.
In the future, here is my list of things to improve:
- If there are any left, identify, delete and if possible replace the photos taken on sites that have not given their authorization (including the RCM/MRC site).
- Obtain the agreement of new sites for the use of their photo(s).
- Adjust, for the different languages supported by Numista, the documentation found in the Comments section. There is surely a way to do better, especially since the arrival of Spanish and possibly other languages to come.
- Due to the cessation of activities of Krause Publications in 2020, add the missing coins and new references numbers (RCM/MRC and Charlton) to the Numista catalog, with the years 2020 to 2022 in priority.
- Then, tackle previous years, in order to have the most complete catalog possible. Numista could then claim to take an important place as a recognized reference for Canada in the same way as publications such as Charlton, Haxby etc.
Do not hesitate to participate in the replacement of the photos of point 1 and also for points 4 and 5.
Looking forward to collaborating with you on coins from the Canada issuer of the Numista catalog.
Edit: One year have pass and I still think RCM/MRC and Charlton unique reference numbers for individual coins were a great (if not a must) addition to this catalog… if members use them the proper way. Meaning SETS reference numbers should not be added to the Reference number section for an individual coin. We should only add these SETS reference numbers as a complementary info in the Comments section (indicating that the coin is part of the listed SETS). As you would do for any other SETS in any reference system (Krause included). A list of SETS (with RCM/MRC reference numbers) and mintage for each SET in the Comments section is very valuable info for coin collectors (waiting for Numista to propose a long waited for (over 7 years) solution for SETS).