USB microscope viewing software

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I got mine today but the installation disc was empty - so now all I have is a keyboard light LOL
  Have you tried it without software - maybe it is one those 'plug and play' devices i.e. no software needed? I show mine (I used the microscope to take this picture just now), which did come with a disc; is yours like mine? It is made by Nikkai and is N46HF with Operating System Windows XP or Vista. Maybe I could lend you the disc - or if I knew how, I could copy it, as you are also in UK for posting.  :)

Also like the reply below says maybe I could email it. Again though depends on what make your is. When I plug mine in (I also separately got for it a USB cable extension about 2 metres long) then nothing happens on-screen. I have to got to 'My Computer' like below ...

I know some devices, when plugged in, bring up a little window, but this doesn't. I click on the last icon (USB Video Device #4) in My Computer as shown, and it brings up the big black screen in second image - in that black area is shown whatever you are taking an image of.
Quote: Mark240590I got mine today but the installation disc was empty - so now all I have is a keyboard light LOL
I have a DigiMicro USB microscope, and I LOVE it.... I had someone else on another forum buy one and it came like yours, with just a blank disc  :( ,  
So I emailed them the installation files from mine. However this will only work if they are the same because more importantly than the software is the Hardware driver that also comes on the disc. Without that you're dead mate... Also try and Contact customer service, though my internet friend had no luck with that either...
So many coins... So little time...
I found somewhere to download it :D
  Cool !  :D
yeah i found another one the same on ebay and it had a link lol !the only thing is the pics are in bitmap
  I change bitmap to jpeg using Windows Paint.
If you have Windows then most people don't realise they have Paint already, as it comes with the program. In the Start / Search just type in Paint and it should find it. Other programs are available !
  I think my microscope makes jpeg pictures - yes, just checked and it does. Any screenshots I make are in bmp though, so I convert them.
  Did you use the microscope already, to make that 1835/3 overdate picture just now ?!  :)
Yup I sure did - I twigged onto how I convert to jpeg lol ! I always use Paint to resize my images for on here :D
I have seen Zac help out so many people with these photo tools, we should have a numistadoc for good quality numismatic equipment!

and perhaps bundle, or index forum posts? https://en.numista.com/forum/topic11934.html
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Maybe we should have a photography specific section..
good idea, I could use a coin photography how to, not that it would help.
 and an equipment section, what we use and whats quality
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 10:42.