Proposals for a euro coin in the Czech Republic

7 posts • viewed 198 times

The proposal to adopt the euro is already resonating in Czech society, politicians do not yet have a clear plan.  However, the media is already voting on what the 2 euro coin should look like.  Which would you prefer?  I believe that there will be a euro by 2028.

My choice is 🏰 Prague Castle in the mother of cities,, Prague mater urbium,,     https://cs.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C4%9Bjiny_Prahy

I think this is clearly legible which country the euro belongs to.  This is us! What? 

Ivan

The last image is clearly the best option as a first Czech 1 Euro, but maybe some of the other designs could be used to celebrate Czech culture sometime in the future (see German Commemorative 2 Euro coins).

Amateur coin collector with some tokens

If you are clever, stay away from this ******* euro as far as possible; it will increase your  prices and decrease your income. I am talking from experience,

...you can run,  but you can't hide...

I also agree with the Prague Castle. I don't like too much human face in standard coins so it drops down most of options.

As someone who wants to collect Czech coins, this is an interesting thread.

April Fool - :)

Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.

Fantastic !!!!

Love it.  More please next year.

LDC

Amateur coin collector with some tokens

Sad news… the Ceska Koruna has been doing very well without the Euro, if really there is no way arround it, then I vote for the last two models 😉 but would prefer spending koruni when I am there (a couple times/year). Slovakia went Euro à long time ago, prices went up fast !!!

Bien Cdt Jakub M
Numismate amateur

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 05:41 am.