1935 crown - real or fake?

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I recently purchased this 1935 at a good price, but it looks a little too good to be true. Real or fake (I do not have a scale so it will have to be based on looks).

"We all have Hitler in us, but we also have love and peace. So why not give peace a chance for once?"- John Lennon
hey

try a magnet
silver is non magnetic
Looks very real to me. It's 50% silver and not very rare as well. How much you paid for it?
“A man without a hobby is only half alive.”
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Looks ok, if you don't have scales, perhaps they would weigh it at some pharmacy if you ask them nicely? They should have very accurate scales there.
Also, there should be an inscription on the edge: Decus et tutamen, Anno regni XXV. If it's milled or whatever else, your coin is a fake.
Here's mine to compare it with if that helps, it does look legit.
I think what's putting you off is that fact that it looks like its been cleaned using the bicarb & tinfoil method.
That coin is real, I can guarantee it. I can see tarnish on the edges.
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.
Quote: SmartOneKgThat coin is real, I can guarantee it. I can see tarnish on the edges.
fake coin also tarnish so that is no guarantee.
Quote: SmartOneKgThat coin is real, I can guarantee it.
+1
The dents (damage) looks real, but I cannot guarantee.
University is time consuming, cherish your free time!

Honi soit qui mal y pense.
If you paid more than $15 (about its current bullion value) for it, the coin is not magnetic and has the text mentioned above on the edge, then the coin should be fine.
I collect coins and tokens which circulated in Africa from 18th century to 2000. I sell about 7000 illustrated world coins from http://www.avscoins.com.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:58.