I am just nuts

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Well, I went out and got a 3 inch notebook, have 31 sheets in it (that hold 20 flips) and 315 different German pf in so far. I am trying to get a full set of German pf coins. 1, 2, 5, and 10. God why did I start? I am not even 1/3 of the way done. Must be that coin sickness I have acting up again.
             yours {a coin collecting nut} daryl
It is, what it is, or is it.
Hello!

How are you defining a full set? One of each type, one of each year, mintmarks as well? I thought about collecting each year and mint, like I do for US coins... but gave up that thought when I saw the sheer volume of coins involved!
That's tough
I also hesitated in the beginning but then I decided to do it
I collect all years and mint marks 1, 2, 5 and 10 pfennig

It takes a long time but there are so many people here on this site, who can help you finish
that task

At the moment there are only 4 missing pieces in my set of 1 pfennig
It's a really good feeling when you have all together without buying full sets

Maybe you want to swap some pfennigs with me?
thomas
Nuts for sure.

I've been picking through a 12 pound bag of coins for FRG coins for you. I'll send them your way in a couple of days.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
I am going for year and each mintmark. I still have a long way to go. Thank you all for help and support.
I've got a handful.  I have no clue what the dates or mints are off the top of my head though.  We should get together some weekend and you can have a look through them.
"What we are is not as important as what we aren't"
that sounds good glorkar, thank you. yours daryl
I will send you mine if you need them, I will take a look in my bulk pile.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
I should make your collection open so I can see what you need
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Thank you very much redsmithstudios, I open my collection . Did not know it was closed. Thanks again
OK, so I have way more than I realized; if you would like I will try and find a few that are not on your list and send them as a gift, or you can buy 14 1/2 ounces from me for whatever is fair. Let me know.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:07.