How do you prioritize your swapping?

6 posts
What I mean by prioritizing your swapping is how do you decide what coin you want for what coin? As in metal content for metal content; say someone wants a silver coin I own yet they do not have a silver coin, or they don't have one I want or need. Or do you use blue book value, date, condition, rarity etc. I've conducted some swaps where I've given better than I got, or some swaps where I've gotten the better deal.
So how do you prioritize your swapping - and what if you get more than one offer for the same coin?
 8~ blessings
remember i for i coins
swap list under reconstruction!
I go on what I am looking for. I try and keep the swap small and light. I want a balance. I do think about value when I am swapping 50 pence pieces or pounds. They can buy me coins; so I have to be pleased with what I am getting in order to swap. At the end of the swap it is about the swap partner. Sometimes I have had people just asking for a stream of commemoratives but I tend to see not a lot on offer in return.
If I can get some silver for common (rare/ scarce) coins, I'll do that. I really do love silver coins. But the swap takes its lead from the swap partner...I don't often instigate a swap myself. I think I try and make it that there is no overall "winner" but I guess that'll be perception!
It's very hard if you get more than one offer on a coin, I usually go with who offers first unless someone has something I really want !

As for picking I usually go for what I want regardless of the metal content ! Some of my best coins are copper !
I always do them in the order they are received, 1st come gets 1st choice. If you don't have anything I'm interested then I will let you know and ask you to try again at a later date. If I have several swaps requesting the same coin it goes to the 1st person who has requested it, as long as they have something of interest to myself. I will also swap for coins I do not collect but this is always because there will be one of my regular swap partners who collects such coins. As for value, it isn't the most important but it is nice to get a balanced swap.
I ususally pick what I want out of the person's swap list and let them decide what it's worth from mine.
I have queue of my priorities:
any silver rare coins-> any rare coin ->  any silver coin from counties what I do not have yet->any silver prewar/war time coin by type->  Finnish coins from by year -> any old crown size silver coin in good condition->any silver coin ef grade or higher-> coins what I like how they look whatever they are + some other exceptions,

most of my swaps is like- one great silver coin of my partner vs 20- 60- even 100+ my coins : )
silver addict Latvian
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 23-Jan-2019, 23:22)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:57.