Menu

Optional columns on Excel spreadsheet

24 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Votes: 40

» Quick access to the last post

Spookie
It would be very useful if we can have some optional columns that we can add to the Excel Export.
Things like Metal, Weight, Diameter, Thickness, Orientation, etc.
Not everyone would want to see all these, and in the same way I don't want to see the Exchange column or the Comment column on my spreadsheet. It would be really good if we could 'personalise' the Excel spreadsheet, and have more data to choose from.

Thank you also for a great website!
sujit_kumar
This will be very useful!
“A man without a hobby is only half alive.”
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Frenchlover
Hello,
although the current export sheet is quite nice and well presented, it is not practical to work on excel.
It would be interesting to repeat the country's name and the coin's name each line, rather than grouping boxes together. Currently, we can't make any sorting or filter in the excel sheet.

For my part, I follow my collection through a separate excel file with the following colones:
Country, coin name, start and end dates of production, diameter, weight, material of construction, actual date of the coin.

I am in favor of a configurable export sheet with column options.

Thanks
Numista referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
Cerulean
Quote: FrenchloverAlthough the current export sheet is quite nice and well presented, it is not practical to work on excel.  It would be interesting to repeat the country's name and the coin's name each line, rather than grouping boxes together. Currently, we can't make any sorting or filter in the excel sheet.
You have to unmerge the cells, then duplicate the field info down the column.
Frenchlover
It's not so simple. There are unnecessary lines between countries making the sheet impossible to sort
current:

future:
Numista referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
Frenchlover
My file:
smoked_caramel
At work I have to deal with enormously large Excel files from a partner and there is tons of structured information in them, very similar in complexity to Numista export file. What they do is use white color for both background and foreground (text). This allows for easy filtering, sorting and any other advanced Excel feature. I would simplify the formatting in favor of better flexibility like this.
Frenchlover
Quote: smoked_caramelWhat they do is use white color for both background and foreground (text)
Good idea :)
WHATEVER
Quote: SpookieIt would be very useful if we can have some optional columns that we can add to the Excel Export.
Things like Metal, Weight, Diameter, Thickness, Orientation, etc.
Not everyone would want to see all these, and in the same way I don't want to see the Exchange column or the Comment column on my spreadsheet. It would be really good if we could 'personalise' the Excel spreadsheet, and have more data to choose from.

Thank you also for a great website!
I agree entirely. +1000
Don't forget Numista rating. I'm always curious by it. :P
mic-w-nl
I also would love to see the column "wanted" (good to print and to take with you to markets etc.) and the grades (will help a lot for my insurance).
babar
I hope it is not an issue posting in such an old thread, but I figured it'd be better than creating a new thread with the exact same topic.

Basically, I was wondering if there are any plans (or if not, if there can be) to add more fields (optionally or not) to the exported excel sheet. It'd be nice to be able to sort my coins according to size or weight, or group similar metal compositions together and so on.

Thanks!
mic-w-nl
I also would love to export the picture of the coin. I understand that this could be a heavy network/system load, but maybe it's possible to run this on low priority. I guess I will download this (with pictures) once a year and doesn't matter to me if it takes several hours...
Idolenz
I don't think calc-progs like excel work very good with many images, they slows down very fast. Or do you mean hyperlinks to the numista pictures?

mic-w-nl
Quote: "Idolenz"​I don't think calc-progs like excel work very good with many images, they slows down very fast. Or do you mean hyperlinks to the numista pictures?
​well, I suggest it as an option, so if you need the dump for calc-progs, don't use this option, but if you would like to put the dump for instants in a word or pdf document as archieve of your collection, the pictures would be nice.

I also didn't see yet the option to add the grade of the coin, I would like to have that one too in the export!
ChevyCh
So, will we get those options?

Also, I hate that excel doesn't like special symbols, how can I overcome this problem?

Cheers
g00n
I was amazed to find that when I tried exporting my collection to Excel, there was only two columns - Quantity and Exchange. I thought at least there would be a column for the grades.

Did a search on the forum, and of course there were already several threads on the subject, 3-4 years old without any answers or updates. So, I'd like to up this thread to make this problem visible again.
Jasanche
Quote: "g00n"​I was amazed to find that when I tried exporting my collection to Excel, there was only two columns - Quantity and Exchange. I thought at least there would be a column for the grades.

​Did a search on the forum, and of course there were already several threads on the subject, 3-4 years old without any answers or updates. So, I'd like to up this thread to make this problem visible again.
​I just did the same thing, so I guess this would the yearly re-upping of this request. It would be awesome to have the ability to export details such as metal and grades.
jbrotzman3
This would be great! Also would love the option to have a column with the coin mintages too.
mahxirb
I sorted my exported spreadsheet hoping to have a column showing diameter so I could easily buy coin holders. Does "accepted" mean that this idea is being implemented? I hope to see it soon!
Ollisaarinen
I really would like to see this one implemented soon!
Limbru
Quote: "Ollisaarinen"​I really would like to see this one implemented soon!
​Me too...
Plus: Advanced export that would let the user pick and choose which fields to add/remove including:
- metal
- NRI
- Mintage
- weight/diameter/thickness/shape/orientation

There's seems to be enough interest from a variety of members to get this done.
Coin enthusiast
Status changed to Started (Xavier, 12-Apr-2019, 11:45AM)
Xavier Site admin
Hello,
The export is now configurable. You may choose among a selection of new optional fields. :)
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 12-Apr-2019, 10:12PM)
numinis
Thank you, this is very useful.
ūūūūū
Limbru
Thanks Xavier. I'm disappointed though as I don't see the NRI as an "exportable" column. I still have to go through the list and click on EVERY link(!), open the coin page and record the NRI, when it would be very simple to just add this to the export from the DB.
Coin enthusiast

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:22PM.