User's last activity on Numista

37 posts

» Quick access to the last post

It is time to trim the dead wood on Numista. (Or at least tie a red ribbon on it.)

Here is the problem. I am attempting to obtain a French 1943 b 50 centime using the reverse look up by date. Several people have them and I came across a person who supposedly has one for trade. This is great except that that person registered in 2008, has no feedback and probably has not been on the site for 5 years. This is only an example, but it is more than typical when using the reverse lookup. I see red every time it happens to me.

Therefore I am suggesting that a red font be used for anyone that has not logged onto the system for 90 days.

The users pseudo would be in red ink on the numismatic exchange monitor accessed from the start a swap heading, if that person has not logged on in 90 days.

The users pseudo would be in red ink on the reverse look up by type and date, if that person has not logged on in 90 days.

Both the above would return to the default color font once the account has been logged into.

Instituting the above is a relatively easy programming change to the system, but will make the Numista experience more efficient and enjoyable.

I know some of this has been brought up before. This time let's do something about it.

ERNIE MIX
I strongly agree with Ernie.

So could we easy separate active from non-active members...

Best regards,
Borut
Totally agree with and like this suggestion.
"What we are is not as important as what we aren't"
I totally agree with Ernie!
I had an experience like that before. I have swap with the guy and everything was perfect till he didn't answer any more. I was waiting and waiting... I sent him a lot of messages and he didn't answer any of these  messages. And he didn't read any of my messages! After three months of waiting I have turned our swap down. Even till today, he didn't logged in! And what did I got? I just lost a lot of my free time for nothing.
So I think that Ernie's idea would be very helpful to all others swappers.
Regards
Check my doubles. ;)
Absolutely agree ... !!!
? Format  Format  Format ?   ?
Do not argue with ignorant people .. !! They will drag you down to their level, then pulverize you with experience ...
Also agree. I would suggest to resolve the problem as follows...
I know this from other forums that when a member has not been online for let's say 3 months he will have a yellow mark next to his name, active members have a green dot. Members who havent been online for 1 year receive a notification that their acount will be deleted in 1 month if they do not log in before that deadline.
I have no idea of informatics so I really don´t know if something like this is easy to set up.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
I totally agree!!
 but when do we get any progress on the suggested improvements!?
This has been brought up every now and then for the last year. It is in my opinion the single most important issue with this website. It is actually the ONLY issue I have with this website.
To be honest you might as well talk to a brick wall - you'll get a better response ! It's been made clear that it ain't gunna happen  "/   
Quote: pileborgThis has been brought up every now and then for the last year. It is in my opinion the single most important issue with this website. It is actually the ONLY issue I have with this website.
Yes this would be a big improvement for Numista  

Yes, I have emailed Xavier before but I guess he does not get enough $ from this website to do too much work. Perhaps we should keep this post at the top of the forum to get our need across.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
I've had the same problem before while trying to find specific coins...its kind of annoying when you are really looking for something and the messages go into the ether.
As I try to fill holes in my collection, I too have sent messages to people, to only wait and wait for no reply.  By color coding, Numista would be a more efficient and user friendly platform.
Anyone else see this as a problem?

Please hit the Thumbs up symbol  
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Quote: Mark240590To be honest you might as well talk to a brick wall - you'll get a better response ! It's been made clear that it ain't gunna happen  "/
It would be quite absurd to see the username "Xavier" turning red.  :)
Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I was asked many times to remove accounts of inactive members, but I've always answered I prefer not to delete accounts but rather hide inactive accounts. I think the page you mention was the only remaining one which still showed inactive user names, so I've changed this.

Here are the modifications I made to the page showing users wishing to swap a given coin (example):

1) Members are now shown in light blue when they are inactive. The filter is defined in similar way as on the page "start a swap"; only members who fulfil both following conditions are shown in regular bright blue:
- The member logged on Numista at least once during the past 3 months.
- The member did at least one swap during the last 8 months, or he/she is a new member (less than 3 months).
Members who have checked the option to disable swaps temporarily are still in light blue like before the modification.

2) Members who didn't log on to Numista during the past 365 days are not shown anymore.
Members who have checked the option to disable swaps completely, and those who have a rating lower than 2.5/5 are not show either, like prior to the modification.
Most of you have a valid opinion and should continue to make your requests in an innocent manner.

A couple of individuals on this website and in this topic, come across like union members with a huge weight of entitlement on their shoulders. One step at a time, don't make a federal case out of every suggestion or suggestion reminder on the forum. You don't pay any union dues here and we all know what happened to Hoffa. Relax, enjoy what comes, when it comes. Unless you buy the website, maybe curb the discontentment over issues that most of us can bear, as is.
Great to see we have an improvement! And a nice one! Thanks!
I'm looking forward to the next one! (Export wantlist?)
Wonderful addition! I can't wait to see it implemented. Thanks Xavier!

Quote: redsmithstudiosWonderful addition! I can't wait to see it implemented. Thanks Xavier!
It is already implemented.
This info is good to know. Saves a lot of time for everyone whos swapping i guess.
Great addition indeed. Xavier, would it be possible to add the same colouring to the "Get this coin" section of a coin page (next to "Members from this site want to exchange this coin" above "See details for each year/mintmark")?
Quote: smoked_caramelGreat addition indeed. Xavier, would it be possible to add the same colouring to the "Get this coin" section of a coin page (next to "Members from this site want to exchange this coin" above "See details for each year/mintmark")?
 Yes this is why I did not know it had already been implemented, this is where I looked for it.

If I may, I prefer a different color for the other than having one color for both but the other one lighter. I am a little bit color-blind so I'm having difficulty differentiating a color from light and dark. Or maybe you can make the other one has bold letters.
Bold lettering would be great as addition to the light/dark, but myself I'm already happy.
This is great!  I normally wait about a few weeks on a reply.  I just deleted three swaps that I created last week to non-current members.  Now when I look for a coin , I will not be wasting time waiting and waiting and waiting ........
great.
I do not know how to get to this page, https://en.numista.com/echanges/liste.php?piece=300

But I would like to see this wonderful feature implemented on these type of pages https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces5942.html

Thanks

That's actually pretty simple.  At the bottom of the page after the list of people who have the coin click where it says "» See details for each year/mintmark" and it will take you to the year breakdown.
"What we are is not as important as what we aren't"
I  can't believe I have never noticed that. Thanks Glorkar! That makes so much sense.

Wow, That feature is amazing, look how fast you can weed out all the chaff

just take a look at this page as an example! https://en.numista.com/echanges/liste.php?piece=54

It was always so frustrating before

What happens to my current swaps if i switch on "dont want to swap at moment" mode. I want to switch it on for few weeks, but am worried that maybe it affects my current pending swaps?
No effect.
thanks, great to know:)
Quote: redsmithstudios
Quote: pileborgThis has been brought up every now and then for the last year. It is in my opinion the single most important issue with this website. It is actually the ONLY issue I have with this website.
Yes this would be a big improvement for Numista  

Yes, I have emailed Xavier before but I guess he does not get enough $ from this website to do too much work. Perhaps we should keep this post at the top of the forum to get our need across.
bump <:D
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
Well it's good to know it, I was thinking what these colors mean.
Anyway is it possible to show this status on menber profile also?

It will be good to know his "status" directly from his profile.
Hi I found that in coins with only one mintage/year line there are no option to show each year separately, so there are not possible to view last activity of users (with light/dark blue).
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces51573.html
Quote: pikarunHi I found that in coins with only one mintage/year line there are no option to show each year separately, so there are not possible to view last activity of users (with light/dark blue).
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces51573.html
 good point!

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:11.