Hi to All
After trying for years to find a way to suggest correction to the Krause Catalogues, I finally found a way to make suggestions directly to the publisher. With the OK from the publisher, I share the various steps and links with you all.
These suggested corrections will be for coins and bank notes as they are published in the Catalogues. Any types of errors and changes can also be given here. It will however be necessary to register on the site for free, or you could purchase electronic access to the newest catalogues if you choose.
To explain to you how it works, I will use an example of an actual coin that needs to be corrected on the website and the printed catalogues.
• I have a South African 50 cent from 2002 with a diving cricket player on it.
• Looking through the catalogues I find there are two of these, KM276 and KM329 but they both have the date of 2003
• After comparing the languages, I realize that the one coin’s date in the catalogue is wrong, KM329 must be dated 2002.
• To suggest the change, I go to the website http://www.numismaster.com/
• Log in and then go to the button at the top that is called “Find my coin” and click on it
• Here you have to enter the information on the coin so it can be located on the website: Country and KM number should be enough, now click on "find my coin" inside the box
• On the next page, have a look at the information and ask yourself: Is the information on the website correct or not.
• If yes, the next catalogue will have the corrected information in and you do not need to suggest any changes.
• If the information is not correct, you can now suggest your corrections.
• Click on the small box left of the KM number and click on the button left bottom called “View selected Coin”
• You now see even more information about the coin.
• Click on the button, should be third from the left bottom, called “Suggest changes”
• The page opens where you can make the changes you would like to suggest.
• At the bottom there is also a comments field
• You can also upload the pictures to support your suggested changes, if need be.
• The click on the bottom “Send suggestion”
• And you are done.
I hope that we will all send our corrections to these great catalogues.
And by the way, these coins are correct on this website.