Flags

9 posts
Wouldnt be nice to have different flags for different periods of a country:
for example : communist romania different than romania post 1989.
?
I think this is a good idea.
Also, maybe it would be nice to have some kind of info of each country, something like they have in KM books. Just few words of history of the country and history of coins from the country, plus flags and coat of arms.
It
 is probably a lot of work, but yes, it would be great, even if it would
 be done bit by bit whenever team have time.
However, history can sometimes be  relative depending on what side you
see it from. For example Russia may see soviet era as the great time of
extraordinary power, while some ex soviet union member sees it as
forceful occupation and failure of a system. By the way, Russia calls
ocupation "freeing these countries from fascist regime" while the
countries taken to soviet union usually say they "took their freedom".
Both sides see themselves as good guys of course.

So if it happens that we will have a bit of history quoted by countries,
 it should be 100% neutral stating the facts. And even then there might
be differences in wording that can drive some people off their game.
So maybe the history part should rather be about the coin itself purely
to avoid any unnecessary history clashes. It is a coin-site after all.
Very well put @KartWay ….  Totally agree, leave it to the history of the coin .. If there is to be any history of anything added...
? Format  Format  Format ?   ?
Do not argue with ignorant people .. !! They will drag you down to their level, then pulverize you with experience ...
P.S. the flags idea can usually not be disputed though, because thats part of facts, would be great to see that one implemented first and then have some discussions about history side of all.
Yes, you are correct, history is like politics, and every story has many sides and tellers, but... there are also facts and that is what I was talking about. For example instead of saying Ukraine was part of Soviet Union and that is good, or Ukraine was part of Soviet Union and that is bad, we can say that Ukraine was part of Soviet Union :) I am just saying that there are ways to deliver unbiassed information and avoid conflicts when you talking history.

I agree that for beggining historical flags and coats of arms would be a great addition to the website.
Nothing against this idea, but i don't think this can be implemented on the current Numista system. There is no place where you can add images inside the country files.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
There is a lot of support for the return of the Confederate Battle Flag to the 13 states of the Glorious South. Since 2000 it has been reinstated to it's rightful place at the South Carolina State Capitol.

That's going to confuse the Numista map.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Phil, please re-discover your roots and speak props englund like a used to cud when a was a children.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:29.