Sorting error by sort on KM#

5 posts
When I want to sort the searched coins by KM# than the sorting is within the country.
By TOKEN can this give a big problem. You got the coins from different "FACE_VALUE_CURRENCY" unsorted.

The sort has to be done within the COUNTRY and within the FACE-VALUE-CURRENCY.
The KM# /X# /Y# is given within those FACE-VALUE-CURRENCY. So sorting without that CURRENCY gives a bad result.

Hope it will be changed very very soon.

(This message is send to XAVIER directly too).
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Some times ago I mentioned that the sort on KM# is going wrong.
The sort is between the country and not between the "face-value/currency". When you look at the result of that sort (especially in the *token* country) you got French coins, then German coins, and then Dutch coins followed by German coins and Dutch coins; aso. aso.
All the French, the German, and Dutch would be grouped together and not separated by another (sub-)country!

Now I saw that when I added a new coin the control on KM# is between the country too and not between the "face-value/currency".

In mine case : I added a token with KM# = "X#1" and I get the message that this KM# already exist. But it exists for a French coin and not for a Dutch coin!

So that message was absolutely wrong.
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Quote: "el182592"​When I want to sort the searched coins by KM# than the sorting is within the country.
​By TOKEN can this give a big problem. You got the coins from different "FACE_VALUE_CURRENCY" unsorted.

​The sort has to be done within the COUNTRY and within the FACE-VALUE-CURRENCY.
​The KM# /X# /Y# is given within those FACE-VALUE-CURRENCY. So sorting without that CURRENCY gives a bad result.

​Hope it will be changed very very soon.

​(This message is send to XAVIER directly too).
​Xavier,

Could you take a look at this (old) problem??
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.
Hello,

I have just made a change on the sort by KM#.

Previously, the sort criteria were Country then KM#. Now the sort criteria are Country, then Subcountry, then KM#.
The subcountry is defined for some currencies in countries. For example, for a coin in "Canadian provinces - Lower Canada - Pound", the country is Canadian provinces and the subcountry is Lower Canada.

This is especially useful for countries like German states or the token sections, where the different sub-sections have independent KM numbering.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,

​I have just made a change on the sort by KM#.

​Previously, the sort criteria were Country then KM#. Now the sort criteria are Country, then Subcountry, then KM#.
​The subcountry is defined for some currencies in countries. For example, for a coin in "Canadian provinces - Lower Canada - Pound", the country is Canadian provinces and the subcountry is Lower Canada.

​This is especially useful for countries like German states or the token sections, where the different sub-sections have independent KM numbering.

THNX,
But adding ...... AND for sorting within *TOKEN* ((where the ECU/EURO coins (period 1975/1998) has to be registered in stead of in the sub-section ECU available in country!)). Read this topic : https://en.numista.com/forum/topic25431.html

By adding a new coin is then the message duplicate coins on basis of KM# fixed too??
Now you get a message that the same KM# already has been used by another SUBcountry!

((In mine mind is *TOKEN* not necessary when those coins are registered by the country in more SUBcountry's!))
With regards.
Bert.
Netherlands.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:35.