What would you pay for a proof piedfort Commonwealth Games 2002 £2 silver collection

3 posts
Answers on a post card to, haha only kidding would appreciate your replies.

regards
Tony
:`

What country? I guess the U.K. as it is £2
What games? Never heard of Eurogames, maybe Commonwealth Games
What year? If the above is correct, then maybe 2002 when four versions were issued.

This link says: The Spinks 2008 (six years old) catalogue price on this set is £240.00
This company is selling for £180 ...
http://weightoncoin.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_53&products_id=1124&zenid=bf5dda49a270f2496c318e589f67f351

Quote:  In 2002 the Royal Mint issued a very special set of four Silver Proof PIEDFORT two pound coins to commemorate the Commonwealth Games that were held in Manchester that year.
 Each coin depicts one of the flags of the United Kingdom -  England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland and are struck in silver to the highest proof standard.  For the PIEDFORT set the flags on the coins were highlighted with colour, which is a very unusual step for the Royal Mint.
 They are housed in their original wooden case with a gold plated medallion and certificate of authenticity / information booklet as issued by the Royal Mint.
My mistake about eurogames but now corrected. wish I had seen that link earlier as I've just paid £200 for my set which is valued at £250 in the coin yearbook 2014. I have also added them to the Numista catalogue as they we're on.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 12:53.