1/4 farthing VF/XF 1839 free

9 posts
I had a 1/4 farthing 1953 poor condition coin used in Ceylon bought few years back for about Rs 1300 (About 10 $) & asked the value of the coin form numista. I got a reply of 8 Euro and asked to swap it by many people. So I checked the catalog prices and noted that it's a high value coin.
I went to the coin shop and asked to buy all the 1/4 farthing coins they have with a big discount. there was about 10 - 15 coins F & VF condition. Shop keeper replied me " These F******* British copper has no value. I bought those for the price of copper Rs. 5 each ( Less than 0.05 $) & no one buy those" also told me Don't invest on them and told me some of the foolish foreigners buy those at whatever the price he tells.
He gave me XF /VF coin free and told me if it's really value & if you can sell them he'll give them all at a reasonable price (less than 10 $)
If I give buy and give them at catalog prices who need to buy The Great British queen Victoria 1/4 farthing coin
This is the web site for prices of all Great Britain coins.
http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk/values/farth.html
 and the 1839 in EF cond is app 35 pounds or $50nz , but the 1853 1/4 farthing is not high value unless in top condition.
Photos of the coins would be good.
Cheers Don
I'll upload some pictures soon. I can find 1800 -1900 British farthing & Penny coins easily and cheaper than the catalog prices. Since those coins minted for colonial usage. Majority of Sri Lankan collectors do not collect them. Only the foreigners buy few if they visit those shops. I noted a very high price in
https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/us/
But I cannot find some of the Ceylon coins for the catalog price due to high demand for those coins.
Sorry for the unclear photos
I wouldn't call that VF/XF.  It looks like it's been put through a washing machine
Sorry I don't know to grade a coin. So what is the grade for this????
G Details, Env. Damage.
space filler

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 21:15.