Menu

Foreign Finds >> 2015 edition

89 posts

» Quick access to the last post

This thread is about coins you find in circulation that don't belong to the country (or eurozone) you found them in.  Please share with us your stories of such discoveries this year.
I found these at the bank today, while using the coin sorting robot:

Bolivia, 10 centavos (1997)
Canada, 5 cents (2012)
Canada, 25 cents (1984, 2013)
Colombia, 50 pesos (2008)
France, 2 eurocents (2012)
Germany, 2 eurocent (2003-J)
Germany, 5 eurocent (2002-J)
South Africa, 10 cents (2012)
United Kingdom (1 penny (2008 Royal shield)
United Kingdom, 10 pence (1992)

...and four 1943 steel wheat cents.
In my change from Panera Bakery last night, a 1964 Canada cent!
just got this at gas station. They know i collect. And save it for me. And to top it off ,it was free.

How it ended up here in Oshkosh wisconson beats me.
It is, what it is.
Today I found something completely different! I went to a local supermarket and as I put my bike on its standard, I found a US 1 Dollar (2009-B) bill! Never thought I'd find a foreign non-EU note as such here on the streets! Unfortunately I already have similar 2009-B 1$ bill, so does anyone want to swap this one against some other banknote(s)?

"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato
Quote: Lotus07Today I found something completely different! I went to a local supermarket and as I put my bike on its standard, I found a US 1 Dollar (2009-B) bill! Never thought I'd find a foreign non-EU note as such here on the streets! Unfortunately I already have similar 2009-B 1$ bill, so does anyone want to swap this one against some other banknote(s)?
Really interesting to hear someone finding a 2009 series note and consider it rare when they are some of the most common notes in the United States.

On Monday when working retail, I found a relatively crisp 1969 series note. Probably only worth a dollar though.
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.
Quote: KennyG
Quote: Lotus07Today I found something completely different! I went to a local supermarket and as I put my bike on its standard, I found a US 1 Dollar (2009-B) bill! Never thought I'd find a foreign non-EU note as such here on the streets! Unfortunately I already have similar 2009-B 1$ bill, so does anyone want to swap this one against some other banknote(s)?
Really interesting to hear someone finding a 2009 series note and consider it rare when they are some of the most common notes in the United States.

On Monday when working retail, I found a relatively crisp 1969 series note. Probably only worth a dollar though.
Well, it isn't a rare find or anything but I do think it's kinda unique to find a US bill here in the Netherlands!
"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato
Just found this Isle of Man 2p in my change from the local supermarket:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces7343.html
and today I've found this Isle of Man 20p in my change:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces7933.html
But what if you never get coins from your own country as change?

http://www.eurodiffusie.nl/results/monthly/NL

the site is in Dutch but only 30% of the coins in Dutch circulation is Dutch!
and the last 12 months there were MORE German coins haha.

you can  see that here: http://www.eurodiffusie.nl/results/anual/NL/2014
Quote: jelleBut what if you never get coins from your own country as change?

Spain - 11.71%!!! A return to being the Spanish Netherlands?
Quote: nalaberong

Dutch love going abroad, and when I am abroad I only get coins from there, and when I go back, I only have coins from foreign country's, so thats the reason I think. It is the same with Germany, the Germans love Holland, they only have German coins, they came here, give us German money.

I have had more Brandeburger tor 20 cents then 20 cents Beatrix/WimLex. (wimlex=Willem Alexander)
the reason why there are more Dutch coins now is because of the new WimLex coins, but after may there will be more German coins haha. So yeah, Goodbye Wimlex (Also a German haha)
Quote: jelle
Quote: nalaberong

Dutch love going abroad, and when I am abroad I only get coins from there, and when I go back, I only have coins from foreign country's, so thats the reason I think. It is the same with Germany, the Germans love Holland, they only have German coins, they came here, give us German money.

I have had more Brandeburger tor 20 cents then 20 cents Beatrix/WimLex. (wimlex=Willem Alexander)
the reason why there are more Dutch coins now is because of the new WimLex coins, but after may there will be more German coins haha. So yeah, Goodbye Wimlex (Also a German haha)
I think the lack of Dutch eurocoins in circulation in the Netherlands can be explained by the fact that the Royal Dutch Mint doesn't produce a lot of Dutch eurocoins for circulation anymore these days and also because we don't use the 1 and 2 cent anymore. Whenever you've got 1 or 2 cent coins in your change, there was a high chance that they were Dutch, since a lot of them were made in the early 00's. Nowadays they have almost dissapeared from circulation and that affects the amound of Dutch coins found in your change. Only the 5 cent coin has been minted for (almost) every year for circulation by the RDM. The 10 cent up to the 2 euro coin haven't been made in large numbers for circulation between 2002 and 2014, with exception of the coins of our King Willem-Alexander.
-Plato
 Here in the UK I got in change yesterday this lovely 7-sided coin from halfway across the world ...

Falkland Islands 50 (Pence) 1998  
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces11314.html

Someone must have spent it as it is the same size as the current UK 50 Pence.
Occasionally we get the coins of Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, but very rarely the Falklands.

P.S. Not for swap or sale - it is the only one I have!
My collections >
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13560800
also 13750057 also 15924495 also 15995337
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16060326
In the CoinStar reject tray, a 1998 UK 5p!
 I get nothing for ages, then two in a row. Yesterday I showed a Falkland coin, and today I got a Gibraltar.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces13546.html
My collections >
I got this in my change today, and was shocked. Im used to seeing the odd Gibraltar, Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man coin kicking round but this is crazy.

BRITISH EMPIRE COLLECTION FOR SALE.INBOX ME IF YOU WANY ANY.

MAY SWAP FOR DURHAM AND NORTHUMBERLAND CONDER TOKENS OR OLD GIBRALTAR QUART COINS/ TOKENS
And I've just read I wrote the same thing as Zac, it's weird to find such a far away place in our change. The St.Helena £1 I got a couple of years back was in a bank roll.

MAY SWAP FOR DURHAM AND NORTHUMBERLAND CONDER TOKENS OR OLD GIBRALTAR QUART COINS/ TOKENS
Haven't seen much recently, but over time I've found here in Pennsylvania:
- Barbados 10-cents
- France 10-centimes
- British 10p (I'm seeing a theme here  :. )
- some random Euro coin
- Italian telephone token (wtf?)
- from Canada at  least a dozen pennies, 2 dimes and a quarter.
All either in change or in the nearest bank's coin counter reject bin.

Some bizarre US stuff as well, in change or on the ground: a red seal $5 and red seal $2 banknotes, a pair of gold-plated Roosevelt dimes, a 1911 wheatback cent in XF condition (at the grocery store!), and a dull gold-plated Connecticut quarter.

The guy at the local pawn shop is a friend of mine, so he's gotten in the habit of giving me funny things like $2 bills in change (hence the red seal $2), but recently my change came out to exactly 25 cents. He gave me a colorized Illinois quarter with a picture of Obama printed on it, in a little holder - it was marked $10 in the case!

I think this takes the cake though: the INVERSE of a penny. Someone formed a mold of the back of a Lincoln Memorial cent with a few drops of epoxy, and then lost it at an amusement park where I found it on the ground - not quite a coin, but worth keeping. Wasn't sure what to make of it at first! Does finding the opposite of a penny on the ground give you the opposite of good luck?  :D
Tax Tokens: the greatest worthless collectible.
I was buying lunch at McDonalds on Tuesday, and in my pocket change, in lieu of a cent, I received a 2011 Austrian 2 euro cents!  The common side (not the national side) has been deeply scratched, but it's still worth more than the coin I should have received.  This specimen shall serve me well until a better one comes along.
I hardly ever use cash anymore, but I do occasionally get some rolls from the bank to look through. I find Canadian cents and nickels fairly often, less often - quarters. Only once found anything else - a nickel from the Bahamas. I'm guessing that a coin must be pretty close in size and weight to US coinage to end up in a bank roll, or I'd see a lot more of them.
HoH
Quote: HouseofhamI'm guessing that a coin must be pretty close in size and weight to US coinage to end up in a bank roll, or I'd see a lot more of them.
Yes, this is true.  Not only must the diameter be a close match, but it must also be non-magnetic!
I found these two lil' darlin's in my change yesterday.

Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: pnightingaleI found these two lil' darlin's in my change yesterday.

the one on the right is a Darlin, the one on the left invaded the South.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Quote: redsmithstudios
Quote: pnightingaleI found these two lil' darlin's in my change yesterday.

the one on the right is a Darlin, the one on the left invaded the South.
which he burned and pillaged and stole all your slaves?  (;0
HoH
That's why I consider it a "foreign" coin my friends. :)
Quote: pnightingaleThat's why I consider it a "foreign" coin my friends. :)
 Good point, I hadn't thought of it that way.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Do you also consider the South occupied territories?  8)
HoH
Quote: HouseofhamDo you also consider the South occupied territories?  8)
Yes, but only temporarily. Actually a lot of the North and Midwest seem to regard the DC government as more and more of a hostile intrusion with each passing day.

Never could totally hate on Lincoln though. He had his flaws but he was a genuinely good man. Plus he looks good on coins.
Quote: pnightingaleYes, but only temporarily. Actually a lot of the North and Midwest seem to regard the DC government as more and more of a hostile intrusion with each passing day.

Never could totally hate on Lincoln though. He had his flaws but he was a genuinely good man. Plus he looks good on coins.
"Nothing is more permanent than the temporary."
HoH
Two more CoinStar finds today:

Canada, 1 cent, 1985
Germany, 1 eurocent, 2004-A
At the CoinStar today, a 2001 UK 2 pence.
Took the left-overs from the rolls I picked up last week back to the bank. There was a nice XF
Bahamas 25 cents coin waiting for me in the reject tray.
HoH
While shopping with the family, there was a woman using the CoinStar, and she had dumped her foreign coins, rejected by the machine, into her bucket.  

I mentioned to her "I'm a collector, and I am willing to buy those coins from you."  

She replied "Are you sure you want them?  They're all from other countries."  

"Yes, that is my specialty" I affirmed.  "You have lots of different countries there.  Do you travel much?"

"I do travel a lot," she answered.

We inspected a sample of the coins, and I quickly estimated the value to be about $5.  She was pleased to get actual cash for her "useless" foreign coins, and I pocketed the handful of assorted coinage and headed home.

There were 31 coins from 14 nations, plus three tokens.  At current exchange rates, they are worth USD$6.52 altogether.  

Bolivia, 5 bolivianos (2001)
Brazil, 5 centavos (2010)
Canada, 5 cents (2007-RCM, 2009)
Canada, 25 cents (2008, 2012)
Canada, 1 dollar (1990)
Dominican Republic, 25 centavos (1981)
France, 1 eurocent (2008)
Germany, 2 eurocents (2002-D, 2003-D, 2011-A)
Germany, 5 eurocents (2002-D)
Israel, 10 agorot
Israel, 1 sheqel
Japan, 1 yen (Showa 59, Heisei 4)
South Africa, 1 rand (2000)
Switzerland, half franc (1974)
Thailand, 5 baht (2542)
United Arab Emirates, 1 dirham (2005)
UK, 1 penny (1990)
UK, 2 pence (1979, 1992, 2003)
UK, 5 pence (2012)
UK, 20 pence (1982, 1987, 1990, 1992)
UK, 1 pound (1991)
USA , 1 cent (1942)
Venezuela, 50 centimos (2009)
token - Chuck E. Cheese - "Chuck E. Rocks" (2013, 2014)
token - "Family Amusement Center"
The only foreign coin that I have found in circulation was a Cayman Island 1 cent. That is the coin that started my collection. I still have it.
Referee for Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Italian states, Niue, Order of Malta, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, American Samoa, Sarawak, Tibet and Zambia. All of my swap list is for sale.
Somebody left three coins on the CoinStar counter:

Czech Republic, 1 koruna (2003)
Czech Republic, 2 korun (2002, 2003)

Worth about USD$0.20 together.
My best coinstar find was a silver canadian dime from 1968.
Two coins left behind on the coin sorting robot at my local bank:
Canada, 5 cents (1947 w/ maple leaf)
Germany, 2 eurocents (2006-D)
Abandoned on the counter of the CoinStar machine, a 2000 UK penny.
whats a coinstar?
CoinStar is a company that makes coin sorting machines.  Their trademark green kiosks can be found at most supermarkets.  You dump your assorted coins in, and it automatically counts them and gives you a voucher to exchange for cash.  CoinStar retains a 9% fee from the tally, or you can keep the full amount as a gift card.

CoinStar thrives because US coinage is too low value to bother spending, and most banks will also charge a fee for the same service.  There used to be a competing company called CoinMaster, but I have not seen their machines in several years.

CoinStar machines have an internal magnet that retains ferrous coins, and a reject tray where anything else the machine can't sort is returned to the user.
I normally get a few foreign coins at the coin counting machine at my credit union every time I go there.  However when I arrived today they were removing the bags of coins in the machine and placed a number of foreign coins on the reject tray.  Plus I was able to get a few more that were on a magnet.  This is what I was able to get today:

Canada, 10 cents (1988,2007,2008)
Canada, 25 cents (2005)
France, 1 euro cent (2009)
Germany, 2 euro cents (2006 G)
Mexico, 10 centavos (2011)
Mexico, 2 pesos (1998)
Mexico, 10 pesos (2004)
Russia, 50 kopecks (2012)
Trinidad & Tobago, 5 cents (2012)
Trinidad & Tobago, 25 cents (2007)
UAE, 1 dirham (2014)
United States student bus token - WMATA (1982)

Looks like I need to find out when they remove the coins from the machine (smile).
Whilst at asda today I actually remembered to take a look at the Coinstar machine, and not much but got the following:

France 2 Euro cent (2007)
US 1 Dime (2010 D)
Went to my credit union today and was able to get the following foreign coins from the coin counting machine:

Canada, 1 cent (2003,2008)
Canada, 10 cents (2008)
Canada, 25 cents (1969)
UK, 1 penny (1996)
At the CoinStar... a 1995 Canada cent.
Under the CoinStar... France, 10 eurocents, 2001.
Not found any foreign coin since a while, except euro coinage but most of them are usual in my region (with borders with Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany ; and populations with foreign origins - like Spain, Portugal or Italy - living in my region or the neighbouring countries).

As part of the eurozone since only few months: I was in a Laundromat in my hometown which accepted only coins of 10 eurocents at least. A woman wanted to use it for her 1st time there but wanted to use 5 eurocent coins. So she asked me to change her coins with a 10 eurocent one. I accepted, and one of her coins was from Lithuania, the last new incomer in the eurozone...
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.
At the coin counting machine at my credit union:

1989 Canada 25 cents

Normally get more than one foreign coin so I decided to look under the machine.  So what did I find?  Five United States pennies (sigh).
Three abandoned CoinStar rejects today...

Austria, 2 euro cents (2006)
Canada, 1 cent (2007-RCM)
Germany, 1 euro cent (2002-J)
At my coinstar machine, which is in a latin neighborhood, I almost exclusively find Dominican and mexican coins, but sometimes a silver dime, or something like that. The weirdest one I found was a BCEAO coin from 2007. How it ended up in the bronx is beyond me.
Unfortunately, there are no coin star machines in Croatia. But I did manage to find a few foreign coins in Split; a British 5p dated 2013 and an Austrian 10c from 2002.  I also was in Bosnia & Hercegovina for a day, and I noticed that the food is extremely cheap, compared to the Netherlands. Had a very nice time in both countries and tomorrow I'm heading to Ljubljana!
Oh, before I forget to mention it, I found an Austrian 2c from 2013 in BiH.
-Plato
My latest foreign finds are US cent from a public place and Soviet (!) 5 rubles (1991) at the top of parking meter.

Lying coins are very rare here, people don't use coins that much any more and  the Finns don't use 1 and 2 eurocents at all. Let see if I find coins at my vacation in Greece after a week. And hopefully others than 10 bahts as a 2 euros...
More stuff in the CoinStar reject tray today:

Canada, 1 cent (1978, 1981)
UK, 1 penny (1996)
Jeepers arcade token
A small handful of US cents
Five buttons
One hairpin
One thumb tack
One blue Lego
I assume you only kept the coins and tokens...:P
I still haven't found any coins at the coinstar machine. What is strange to me seeing all the coins that are posted here. Maybe I life in the wrong area of the country.
More CoinStar rejects:
Canada, 10 cents (2011)
Netherlands, 5 cents (1976)
These last two days I received US Beautiful states quarters (New Hampshire & Mount rushmore). Pretty common to receive US dimes here in Toronto too. However, when I lived in bombay I came across 50 pfennigs (FDR) a few times passing off as 50 paise coins. And only once did I come across a $1 singapore passing off as a Rs5 coin (oddly enough, this was before the Ni-Bs Rs5 was issued)
Outings administrator
One more CoinStar reject.... Canada, 1 cent, 1985.
Russian 2 rubles at the bank coin machine
CoinStar Reject of the Day: Argentina, 10 centavos (1993)
Quote: "Cerulean"​CoinStar Reject of the Day: Argentina, 10 centavos (1993)
​If you don't mind me asking, what general area are you finding these in? I live in a relatively small town and haven't found anything in the 6 coinstars here. I suppose bigger cities probably have more foreign travelers than we do.
Hey Cerulean,

Maybe it's a fun idea to create a list of all findings that are mentioned here in this topic? Would be kinda neat to see what coins people have found and where they have found them.
-Plato
Lessee -- Canadian coins are reasonably common this far north in the US (not so much as when I lived on the Great Lakes directly, but it's still pretty close), so I fairly regularly see Canadian change. Had an Italian euro cent from a Coinstar machine recently, and a New Zealand 5¢, but that's about it. Same machine that coughed up a 1943 steel cent for me recently. Needless to say, I check that machine a lot. :D
"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of success versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid -- and I went ahead anyway."
--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater: The Movie
Quote: "dsanders337"
Quote: "Cerulean"​CoinStar Reject of the Day: Argentina, 10 centavos (1993)
​​If you don't mind me asking, what general area are you finding these in?

​I live around Washington DC. Being the nation's capital, there is a steady influx of expats, tourists and travelers from everywhere else.
I went camping in West Virginia over the weekend. The State Park holds a pancake breakfast every morning as a fundraiser for park improvements. In my change, I received a Canada, 25 cents (1979).
It's been a while.  My commute to work has changed, and I'm no longer walking past the same CoinStar twice a day.  However, I still other times to sneak a peek.  I managed to pinch two coins off the magnet of the machine:
Canada, 10 cents (2012)
Germany, 1 eurocent (2002-A)
Last year at work, I found a $20 Jamaica coin under the cash register in the cafeteria. Nice!
Customers hand me foreign coins here and there, yesterday it was Jordanian coins: three 10 piastres, one 5 piastres, and one 1/4 dinar
Kenny

- Verifying your Asian and British-territorial coins everyday with the best quality photos and the best information.

Check out my Facebook, Kenneth Gucyski.
Found on the bus: Ecuador, 25 centavos (2000)
My latest finds:

Polish 1 Grosz 2014
Netherlands
(I know, not foreign but still they're odd finds) 5 cents 1983, 1991
Netherlands Antilles 2011 10 Gulden banknote
-Plato
Quote: "Cerulean"​Found on the bus: Ecuador, 25 centavos (2000)
​On the floor or as a cash refund?
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Quote: "chomp-master"
Quote: "Cerulean"​Found on the bus: Ecuador, 25 centavos (2000)
​​On the floor or as a cash refund?
​On the floor.

Since the bus accepts exact cash payments only, it is not possible to receive cash back.

WMATA is gradually phasing out cash usage on their system. Buses only accept SmartTrip now, tokens having been removed from circulation twenty years ago. Paper farecards for MetroRail will be discontinued in June 2016, and cash bus fares are probably next to go. Soon enough, a SmarTrip card will be the only accepted fare payment method for the entire WMATA system, both bus and rail.
That would have been funny to receive it as a cash refund as the Ecuador is now dollarized and its 2000 centavos (and the uncirculating 1 sucre) are simple bond coins labelled to replace US cents (and its dollar unit)...
My 30 cents change from the automatic change dispenser at the circle k today consisted of a quarter and a 1978 Czechoslovakia 50 haleru.
I boldly walked into a bank, one I had no particular business in, and one that was going to lock up for the night in mere minutes, and strode to their coin counting machine in the lobby. While the concierge-in-waiting stood by with his "can I help you", I plucked all the coins from the machine's magnet, pocketed them, thanked them for their time, and walked out. The Angel of Moxie was with me today.

Bahamas, 25 cents (2007)
Canada, 1 cent (2009)
Canada, 10 cents (1973, 1988, 1995, 2013)
EU (Germany, 2 cents (2012-J)
Oman, 5 baisa (1999)
UK, 1 penny (1997, 2009)
UK, 10 pence (2011, 2012, 2013 x2, 2014 x2)

TOTAL: approx. $1.61 USD
I got another coin star find,

Canada quarter, 2014

From the exact same sorting machine as my last report:

Canada, 1 cent (2007 x2)
Canada, 10 cents (1986, 2002)
Canada, 25 cents (1993, 2002)
Canada, 2 dollars (2012)
China, 1 jiao (2011)
UK, 1 penny (1996)
Venezuela, 25 centimos (1965)
For the 1st time since a long time: 1 US cent 2002, instead of 2 euro cents.
I always feel odd adding here. Everyone knows I collect and save odd things for me. And I always ask. Like when I pick up this laptop. I asked if they had any odd coins . He said yes and handed me a China people Republic 2 fen Km#2 1979 in XF . For free, with the laptop. And last month At gas station the lady gave me 9 Canadian cents.
And about the same time got a US 50 cent poof S frosted in change. And a guy at work gave me a Letzenbuerg 20 cent coin 2009. And not even sure were a Honduras 20 centavos came from 1991. Cerulean should I add these.
Or will it mess things up. I am going to keep track this coming year, just to see what I get. I get a lot of these free.
It is, what it is.
Quote: "ALLRED1950"​Letzenbuerg

​Lëtzebuerg = Luxembourg in Luxembourgish ;)

This morning, just before sunrise, I walked from work into town about a mile away, and to my surprise saw a lot of coins under a tree! So last night someone must have sheltered from the rain, and as it was dark must have not seen (or heard) that 17 coins had fallen out of their pocket. I managed to take the above quick poor quality picture, before scooping them all up - and they are all 'foreign finds'. Admittedly not found in circulation, but then neither are coins from coin sorting machines!

They are ...
Tanzania 100 Shillingi https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces4187.html
3 of 2012
Morocco 5 Dirhams https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces27352.html
1 of 2015
Morocco 2 Dirhams https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces2320.html
2 of 2002
Morocco 1 Dirham https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1714.html
5 of 1987
Morocco 1 Dirham https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces2319.html
5 of 2002
Morocco 1 Dirham https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces24329.html
1 of 2012

An unusual (but not valuable presumably, otherwise I would hand them in) find in the middle of England B.
My collections >
On the CoinStar this morning, a 2000 Ecuador 10 centavos, in great condition, too.
interesting find Zac, probably a recent immigrant.

I found another Canada quarter in my coin star, and on another day a game token for my daughters pirate chest.

Quote: "Cerulean"​On the CoinStar this morning, a 2000 Ecuador 10 centavos, in great condition, too.
​Nice one, a bond coin indexed over the USD.
Don't know if we have a 2016 edition of this forum yet, so added this to the 2015 one. Got one of these coins in my change yesterday, in place of a 10p:

Thailand 5 Baht - 2014

First time I've had a Thai coin in my change!!!

Phil
According to the listing though it's equal to .10 GBP ha !

Ha, your right! :)

I did spot it straight away in the change, but decided I'd rather have that than the 10p so never said anything.
In a local supermarket (Philadelphia, USA) there is a coin-counting machine. Today I noticed a pile of foreign coins sitting on top of it. I asked a manager if I could take them. She replied "Sure, we would throw them to trash anyway - we do it regularly".
I got some 30-40 coins, mostly Canadian (CAD 3 or so total) which could be expected, but also Hong-Kong, Turkey, some Euro cents copper.

Found this 100 forint coin in my change, and a commemorative from my country, the one up is from my countrie ad the one from down is from Hungary

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 06:19PM.