World currencies

15 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Don't know how accurate it is, as I have found a few minor mistakes ..  but a fairly good reference ...

http://tools.currenciesdirect.net/world-currencies/
? Format  Format  Format ?   ?
Do not argue with ignorant people .. !! They will drag you down to their level, then pulverize you with experience ...
I think this is also accurate

Themoneyconverter.com
Quote: derfDon't know how accurate it is, as I have found a few minor mistakes ..  but a fairly good reference ...

Nice, but
They have not upgraded the Indian rupee symbol to  â‚¹
   :~
Quote: adithyasrao
Quote: derfDon't know how accurate it is, as I have found a few minor mistakes ..  but a fairly good reference ...

Nice, but
They have not upgraded the Indian rupee symbol to  â‚¹
   :~
They also dont mention the 10 Rupees coin.

For Japan they dont mention that the 2000 Yen note is rarely used.

I believe there will be many observations from us, but for a quick reference documents it looks ok.

Thanks for sharing.
JustforFun...
Quote: derfFor Japan they dont mention that the 2000 Yen note is rarely used.
Hah I live in Japan and didn't even know that a 2000 Yen note exists, never seen one here so far.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
If you want to see it in circulation you have to travel to Okinawa.
It's with euro like that on many countries. For example in Ireland the shops don't want to accept 100, 200 or 500 euro note. If you have one you must go and exchange it in bank for smaller notes.
Quote: KartWayIt's with euro like that on many countries. For example in Ireland the shops don't want to accept 100, 200 or 500 euro note. If you have one you must go and exchange it in bank for smaller notes.
Evrywhere in the EU*.... 100 notes is ok, but higher, no...
Pleae check my own coin shop:

https://www.lastdodo.nl/nl/shops/Jelle097

World wide shipping for the real shipping price!
Quote: KartWayIt's with euro like that on many countries. For example in Ireland the shops don't want to accept 100, 200 or 500 euro note. If you have one you must go and exchange it in bank for smaller notes.
 Why because of fakes?
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
QuoteWhy because of fakes?
That and you can lose a lot of change money for example if you pay a 150€ bill with a 500€ note also most registers don't have place for them.
But the bigger the store or the more expensive the stuff is they are selling the more likely it is that they except also the big ones without a hitch.
At least that is my experience.
Never had issues with paying in 200 and 500€ bills in Germany although I didnt try it very often. Okinawa, ill  be there in April lets see if I can find one.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Quote: redsmithstudios
 Why because of fakes?
I don't actually know why. Maybe fakes is one of the reasons. Also as mentioned before in other answer, smaller shops may have change problem.

Youalso don't just end up getting the higher notes than 50 in Ireland. Very rarely you see one. Most people I bet have never held one here.
They don't top up cashpoints with higher than 50 either. Even if you take out 2000 from bank ATM,  you end up getting it in 50's
So its different from country to coutry, I definitely get 100€ bills from ATM s in Germany. Above you dont see much any only get from Banks.
It's bad enough on a bus in the UK if you pay with a £5 note, or if buying a £5 day ticket and paying with a £10 note!  Don't even go there with a £20 or £50 (in fact, £50's aren't accepted at all or even in some shops).
They dont mention the 2 krona in Sweden wich you still can use, and the 50 öre is not longer in use =)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:38.