Coins in a swap

3 posts
Like right now I am building my Portugal and have 2 swaps going on. Mainly Portugal coins. And not to get the same coin, again. Is there away you can have a box to show the coin you want and is in a swap? And coming, so you don't get it again. It will show in you collection as a coin in the swap progress.
Or am I the only one with this problem?
yours daryl
It is, what it is, or is it.
    I have the same problem. The in-transit is a problem because of the length of time it takes to negotiate and also for the shipping. Average delay in customs in US is 2 weeks. I have trades open from early March.
     I use an excel file currently to track all this, but it is time consuming. I would definitely be in favor of an under negotiation condition for a coin. How about a blue or green check mark or something more innovative in front of the date to flag this condition, which would be removed when the swap is closed.   

ERNIE
In order to work around the problem of "waiting for coins to arrive from a confirmed swap" I do the following:

- type in a "1" in the "unc field" of the respective coins involved in the confirmed swap as well as a note "swap with person xxx" for myself in the "comment field" of each of these coins
- As soon as I get the coins I delete the comment, delete the "1" in the "unc" field and type in a "1" in the appropriate quality field for the received coin (of course it is always nice if I can leave the 1 in the unc box ;) ).

That way, whenever you start a new swap while the coins of an old swap are on its way to you, the website recognizes these coins as "coins already in your possession". Hence, you don't end up swapping the same coin twice. Maybe that helps you a little.

As for the problem of "two overlapping" swaps I don't have a solution, posted a comment about that same issue before, hope it gets solved soon.
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 23-Jan-2019, 23:46)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 08:48.