I think I need a holiday

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I finished loading my coins to Numista and I thought I did very well, but noticed that my database has over 2,500 more coins than I have listed.
So I took the quantities of coins on Numista, of each country, and compared it to my list.
The difference is frightening, but only for me.
This is top ten or so (country-coins I have but not on Numista
Isle of Man 231
Russia 221
Gibraltar 166
Guernsey 98
Poland 79
Turks & Caicos 55
Liberia 53
Falkland Islands 46
Cook Islands 36
Jersey, Canada & Australia 34
British Virgin Islands 30

Anyone spare a couple of years to help add to website.
Some of the above may be my fault, but will have to look through again
I'm just a collector of coins, not a slave to it, unless I am in a coin shop.
For all you banknote collectors. Link to my swap list.
https://colnect.com/en/banknotes/list/swap_list/COINMAN1
I know how that is. I recently went through my collection. I have 215 countries in my collection box, but only 214 listed by Numista. I double checked a few times and couldn't find out where I am off base, but I am burnt out and need a vacation.  And it is only one country...   
Every time I update a coin on Numista I also update the spreadsheet I downloaded as a back-up, however, just every now and then when I've gone through a bulk buy entering loads of coins I will double check against the spreadsheet and it will be 1 or 2 coins different and I have to go back through each country until I find the one's I've missed.  This is frustrating enough so I feel your pain Coinman!! :)
Are they all commemorative/bullion/ancient coins? Those are probably the least covered areas in any catalog. I've yet to come across any circulation coins that weren't listed, except some very recent releases.

I've added almost everything from my collection that wasn't in the Numista catalog. Only missing a few more Australian Lunar series II 50c/$1s colorized subtypes. I'm waiting for the situation with the MIA referee to get resolved before I even bother submitting any more requests for Australia.
HoH
When I uploaded my collection to Numista I sumultaniously made an excel list with more trivia information and color coding and graded each coin and doubles ... the process took its while ... writing, grading, checking and then doublchecking  8~ .
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic28544.html
Then I wanted hyperlinks for each coin to Numista and NGC for the catalog price without knowing that Microsoft Excel has a nice little error that they know exists but can not be bothered to fix:
When you sort a list with hyperlinks it can happen that the hyperlinks get scrambled and most of your links that you made in hours of work become useless
Agreed - I just finished "syncing" my Numista collection with my real collection!

Now its time to re-upload the coins I have for swap!
My collection listed here looks pitiful, I start doing it but then my eyes start to bleed from searching through and searching for them to add.  B.
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Write me on PM list of polish coins you'd like to be added to numista ;)
I got confused by threadstarted post at first ( and as I see from answers so did many of us).
I thought you meant that you had thought that you synced your list in Numista and your real list and realised somehow you had not entered loads of them.

Now I understand that what you really meant was that this is the amount of coins that you own which are completely missing in Numista coin database and what you need to do now is starting to enter these coins to Numista.

That is a huge amount of "add a new coin" requests to be made.
I have only 3 that i want to add because Numista didn't have them yet. Have to learn how to make and crop good pictures...
Me too... I often take a look on new coins and update them when something is getting wrong (or if only in English, as French but with good English skills). And I saw your coins quite often (particularly Alderney & some British Overseas Territories). I think there are a few things we'd have to speak about, but it may be better by PM.
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.
And now I'm syncing my swaplist - what fun!!! (8

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:49.