Help finding coin in KM [solved]

8 posts
Hi
I am trying to find the following coin in World Coins 1801-1900 (Cuhaj) 7th. edition:
Great Britain India Trade Dollar 1898
I simply can not find the british trade dollars pre 1900. Can anyone help? Which country are they located under? I tried both GB and India.
Thanks
This one ?

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces8472.html
"Celui qui combat des monstres doit prendre garde à ne pas devenir monstre lui-même. Si tu contemples longtemps un abîme, l’abîme aussi regarde en toi." N.

Ex-référent/modérateur/administrateur à la retraite
Yes exactly - but one from 1898. Do you know where to find it in the book World Coins 1801-1900?
My feeling is it is T for trade and therefore may not be in the book...
I don't know where it is in the World Coins 1801-1900 (Cuhaj) 7th. edition, but in early editions (when Krause wasn't split up in century editions), it was after the regular GB coinage in the "Trade coins" section, just before the golden guineas and sovereigns. In later editions (but still before the split up) it was after the sovereign and bullion coinage, just before the piedforts, trial strikes, patterns and so on.
But I assume you looked there too, so maybe those 15 coins 1895 - 1899 were overlooked in that 7th. edition and that error is fixed in the next edition?
Essor Prof is quite correct. Although Numista has the KM#T5 Trade Dollar listed under United Kingdom, you will find it in Krause at the end of Great Britain after Guineas and Sovereigns and before Countermarked and Token coinage. I have two versions of SCWC 1801-1900; my printed version of the 5th Edition (2006) lists it on page 496 and my DVD version of the 6th Edition (2009) lists in on page 552:

KM# T5 DOLLAR  
26.9568 g., 0.9000 Silver 0.7800 oz. ASW Obv: Britannia standing Rev: Oriental designs on cross Designer: G. W. de Saulles Note: Mintmark is located within the top of the trident held by Britannia.  
Just because you can't see it ... doesn't mean it isn't there - Anon.

Coin catalogue referee for England, United Kingdom & pre-Union South Africa.
Banknote catalogue referee for England & United Kingdom.
DVD version SCWC 1801-1900 of the 7th Edition (2013) list in page 552
Thank you everybody for your help. I found it on page 552 in the 7th. edition as you suggested. I can not believe I missed it. Searched through it several times and simply did not see it.  Apologies and many thanks.
Great forum!!

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 11:40.