Menu

Suggestion for the act of modifying/or adding information

9 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Search for coin pages with missing metal, weight or diameter
Upvotes: 3
Downvotes: 0
an idea i had (maybe others have thought of this before as well) would be another tab in addition to

home, catalogue, your coins, exchanges, forum, numisdoc, outings,

titled "features" where you can select one of the coin features (years, value,metal,weight,diameter,shape,thickness,orientation) and see what coins in the catalogue are missing that feature. so for example you could click diameter and it would give a list of all coin entries without diameter entered
Find a coin by "Country KM#" is an option I have often wanted, mainly to add coins to my list. I find it tedious and slow to add each coin because search results often end up a blank or it returns a load of results I spend ages over looking for the coin I want to add, which then takes 5 seconds to add.

There may be a way I don't know of but I have tried searching via KM# but it normally gives a "no results" answer.
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Hello,

It's already possible to find coins with missing data.
In Catalogue > Search > Advanced Search, you can enter the keyword "missing" in following fields: KM# / C# / Y#, Face value, Gregorian date, Engraver and Lettering.
It can easily be added for metal, weight and diameter.

Fluke, could you please open a different topic for the search by KM and provide some examples you would expect to return some results but didn't?
Sorry, I believed this to be a general suggestion thread and also now re checking I am getting results back from searching with KM#'s, so disregard my input on this.

When I have searched previously I always got "No results found", I may possibly have the wrong KM number or the coin I search for isn't in the database.

Either way, its working now so my point is invalid. z|
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 4-Jan-2020, 03:35PM)
Hello,

You can identify missing information using the advanced search. Select "Unidentified" or enter "missing" in the following fields:
  • Ruler
  • Reference number
  • Face value
  • Year
  • Gregorian date
  • In use in...
  • Engraver
  • Composition
  • Lettering
  • Description
  • Shape
  • Weight
  • Diameter

You can also enter "/no-picture/" in the simple search to find coins which are missing a picture.

The 4 items in bold have just been added the support for the keyword "missing".
Nice. Thanks.
If I may ask, about missing Shape, for example.
I found very many the other day, on this English side, and started on the first
page of the search, so Austria, Austrian States, and so on.
Then it was pointed out to me that I may be wasting my time, as most of those
new requests I made to add the shape may be covered by the robot, as on
the French page there was a shape - just that the robot had not yet done the work.
Is that correct, and is it automatic, or a person does it, and how often? :)
My collections >
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13560800
also 13750057 also 15924495 also 15995337
http://mycoinssite.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16060326
The robot translates the most common shapes every night.
Quote: "Xavier"​Hello,

​You can identify missing information using the advanced search. Select "Unidentified" or enter "missing" in the following fields:

• Ruler

• Reference number

• Face value

• Year

• Gregorian date

• In use in...

• Engraver

• Composition

• Lettering

• Description

• Shape

• Weight

• Diameter

​You can also enter "/no-picture/" in the simple search to find coins which are missing a picture.

​The 4 items in bold have just been added the support for the keyword "missing".
​Is it possible to search the coins with non-defined type? Usually I search without marking tokens and patterns. But recently I had problems with some Vatican coins where the type wasn't defined.
MY SALES . Cheap bulk lots of medieval coins, rare issuers, wire, Russian Empire, China, errors etc.
Quote: "Xavier"​The robot translates the most common shapes every night.
​Fait-il aussi le transfert/traduit de renseignements qui sont d'un côté et absentes de l'autre ?
Does it also transfer / translate information that is on one side and absent on the other?
La recherche PAR et POUR TOUS BOINC ( Cancer Climate COVID) =
https://www.boincstats.com/signature/-1/bam/44435/sig.png
bigest world calculator

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 05:08AM.