Improve image enlargement [solved]

18 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 18
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Hello,

I suggest to improve the way to visualize full-size pictures on Numista, on the forum or for coin pictures for example.

Currently, a thumbnail is shown, and a link allows to open the full-size in a new tab or new window. Today there are better options to zoom or enlarge pictures on the same page.
Just none of the silly magnifying glass stuff, please. Maybe a floating div/iframe instead of a new window?

Or, perhaps, something like... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk :)
HoH
Hello,
I have implemented the new enlargement feature. You can see it in the catalogue and in the forum.

That is a nice feature - thanks. :)
This has ruined the image in my signature - it's now stretched vertically far more than it should be.
Works very well! Thanks!
Quote: "ZuluRaptorSpace"​This has ruined the image in my signature - it's now stretched vertically far more than it should be.
​Fixed ;)
Quote: "Xavier"
Quote: "ZuluRaptorSpace"​This has ruined the image in my signature - it's now stretched vertically far more than it should be.
​​Fixed ;)
​Thanks so much! :)
Is it possible to add the option to rotate views when they are enlarged? Occasionally people post images of their coins rotated 90° or 180°. It would be very useful to view the enlarged image and then rotate it as necessary.

Just a thought.
Phil :)
Quote: "@josephjk"​Works very well! Thanks!
​+1... nice job Xavier.
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Quote: "pcarey2003"​Is it possible to add the option to rotate views when they are enlarged? Occasionally people post images of their coins rotated 90° or 180°. It would be very useful to view the enlarged image and then rotate it as necessary.

​Just a thought.
​Phil :)
​Feel free to post this as a new idea in the forum.
I have only one problem ... or better inconvinience ... it just look odd.
Since the implementation of the in-window enlargement pictures without thumbnail, that were beforehand not bigger than the writing field, are now out of the design elements.

https://en.numista.com/forum/topic43347.html#p363782
Quote: "Idolenz"​I have only one problem ... or better inconvinience ... it just look odd.
​Since the implementation of the in-window enlargement pictures without thumbnail, that were beforehand not bigger than the writing field, are now out of the design elements.

​Hello,
This is not normal. What web browser and version are you using?
Firefox 41.0.2
In my Chrome browser that I normally don't use for Numista everything is alright.
But if it is no general issue then it's not that important, it could be one of my many plug-ins.
For me this is a tremendous step forward as the images load instantly without the long page load which has plagued my account for several years. Much more accessible and enjoyable.

If this continues I'm going to run out of things to complain about :(

Well done!
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
I've fixed the maximum width of images in Firefox. The images are not bigger than the page anymore.

The images should not load faster with the new zoom feature. However it's true I've worked on server optimizations. Very long database queries (queries that exceed 2 seconds) have dropped from about 20,000 per day to a few hundreds.
Quote: "Xavier"I've worked on server optimizations. Very long database queries (queries that exceed 2 seconds) have dropped from about 20,000 per day to a few hundreds.

​It's great (for someone who understands what it really means) to hear this kind of news. Well done Xavier!
That's really a fantastic improvement. Well done, Xavier!!

Now maybe you could get to the image rotation idea....

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:00.