Can not find Austria. 20. Kreuzer 1780 A-IC-FA in catalogue.Only 1779 [solved]

11 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Austria-Hapsburg coin km 2067.
1777 -79 all have A-IC-FA coins not 1780 in catalogue
Do not trust Krause to much. It has many errors.

IC: mintmaster  : Joh. August v. Cronberg
FA Warden : Franz Aicherau
Please search on the central shield on the eagles brest.

IOSEPHus·II·Dei·Gratia·Romanorum·Imperator·Semper·Augustus ·GErmaniae·REX·Archidux·Austriae·LOtharingiae·&·Marchio·Hungariae·Dux·
(depending on the source)
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
In the numista catalogue it is not listed. Under Austria-HAPSBURG for 1780 A. IC-FA. I will check Krause.
Thanks

Edit: I'm sorry, I was only looking at the date and there was no picture in Krause for this type, but the legend on the reverse doesn't match. The reverse is probably like this:

Quote: "Rdolce"​In the numista catalogue it is not listed. Under Austria-HAPSBURG for 1780 A. IC-FA. I will check Krause.
​Thanks
​Hello,

I am revising the catalogue but did not yet reach the 20 kreuzer coins 0:)
My best guess is that the A ICFA is missing in Krause for KM#2067.2 without lion face.
I have to check Herinek but I don't have it at hand. I'll tell you.

I am willing to create a separate sheet for the KM#2067.2 (now included with 2067.1). If you can send a good picture of your coin will be great for the new sheet :) (just like the one on the post but sharp).

BTW the legend is LOtharingiae et Magnus Hetruriae Dux for MHD (Grand Duke of Tuscany).

Regards,
André
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !
Thanks Ecapoe for the correction
Non est totum quod splendet ut aurum
Rijkdom bestaat niet uit het hebben van veel bezittingen, maar in het hebben van weinig behoeften
I will try to photo a sharper image to send to you for the new sheet. I checked krause and they do not have the coin listed

Thanks

Here is a sharper image of . I hope this will do.
Hello,
It took a bit of time but I think it is solved.
If you look at Krause for the 2067.2, you get 1780 E ICFA and 1780 HS.
All others are either A ICFA or E HS. A for Wien and E for Karlsburg.
According to Herinek, neither E ICFA nor HS exist. They are typo errors in Krause.

I created the sheet for 2067.2 https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces78626.html using your picture Rdolce, thanks for that. You see there the shoulder without lion head and a ribbon.
There are 2 owners to migrate from the other sheet for 1776 and 1780.
Once done I'll finish to clean the year list of 2067.1 https://fr.numista.com/catalogue/pieces22599.html

Tell me if I forgot something.
Regards,
André
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !
Thanks for your great work.
Best Regard

Rich

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 17:36.