Replacement of emoticons set used on the Forum with a more modern one in style

19 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 4
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

I suggest replacing the set of emoticons used on the Forum with a more modern one in style.

Thank you!
you mean like this one

I actually like the "ancient" smiley faces :P
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "ngdawa"​I actually like the "ancient" smiley faces :P
​Me too!
I'm not orange and also in other things I'm not a Donald at all. DonChori like Don Felipe or Doña María, por favor.
Me too!
There are more opposition than support for this change. I reject it.
Xavier - don't automatically discount the idea. There are some more modern emoticon sets that would be suitable for Numista. Here is one I like:

http://icontexto.deviantart.com/art/IconTexto-Emoticons-93667615?qj=2&q=boost%3Apopular+emoticons&qo=603
If anything, we need emoticons that are smaller (so as to actually fit in line with the text) and quirkier, like these guys:

The smileys already fit in line.
Actually it was not the case in the message editor because the smileys were aligned higher than the text, but this is now fixed.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 8) HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ANYTHING but those horrid GIFs!
I actually like current smileys but as there are 3 more spots left I'd love to see "thumbs up", "+1" and maybe a "thumbs down" icons... or actually for the last one "my 2 cents" would be more appropriate for this site. :)
Maybe we should just go completely "old school"?

;-)  :-D
http://www.facebook.com/NumismaticsUK
I'm not an expert in any kind of coins, but I reckon I'm good at research and will do my best to help. Feel free to tell me my identifications/valuations/gradings are wrong. It's the only way I'll learn.
Quote: "dptashny"​ANYTHING but those horrid GIFs!
8)
Even though I really love these ancient smileys, there's just one I am missing, and it something like this:
////

Like when someone is posting a nice coin.Also something like these would be nice:
- you simply agree
- someone asks/talks about a coin, but provides no pics.

NOTE: These smileys are stolen are should just be used as an example or extra features. Of course this is not highly prioritised, but in the long run these, or at least some of these, could be useful. why do you think? :)
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
Quote: "gebikimame"​I suggest replacing the set of emoticons used on the Forum with a more modern one in style.

​Thank you!
​ Also I see that two of those are the same; number 5 on 1st row, and 1st one on 3rd row.
Do you have any suggestion on a more modern emoticon set?
For instance :

(source: http://emojione.com/demo)
Not that keen on smileys if I'm honest, other than the usual smile/grin/shock/etc, the ones where it's obvious what they mean.
But what I think is missing is maybe thumbs up, thumbs down, tick, cross.

After all, when in normal conversation could you add :japanese_goblin: or :nose:??8~
http://www.facebook.com/NumismaticsUK
I'm not an expert in any kind of coins, but I reckon I'm good at research and will do my best to help. Feel free to tell me my identifications/valuations/gradings are wrong. It's the only way I'll learn.
If we could have the description of each one (when hovering the mouse over) in English it would be nice. Think at the moment the descriptions are in French ie. x. #perdu, :° #sifflant, :P #tirantlalangue

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 01:59.