Colored circulation coins

18 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I am looking for colored circulation coins from all countries except Canada. Will swap them for colored Canadian quarters.
Anyone interested?
There is a time for everything - Il y a un temps pour tout - Всему есть свое время - Для всього свій час, і година своя кожній справі під небом
Never found one in the EU.
Pleae check my own coin shop:

https://www.lastdodo.nl/nl/shops/Jelle097

World wide shipping for the real shipping price!
There was a 2015 New Zealand colored 50 cents (The Spirit of Anzac) and I though maybe there are some other colored coins issued by other countries, too...
Anyhow, I've got some extra Canadian colored 25c and would like to swap them for something equally attractive.
There is a time for everything - Il y a un temps pour tout - Всему есть свое время - Для всього свій час, і година своя кожній справі під небом
Quote: "glykan"​There was a 2015 New Zealand colored 50 cents (The Spirit of Anzac) and I though maybe there are some other colored coins issued by other countries, too...
​Anyhow, I've got some extra Canadian colored 25c and would like to swap them for something equally attractive.

They are legal tender here, but never found one in circulation. The Netherlands has some, but they are really expensive.
Pleae check my own coin shop:

https://www.lastdodo.nl/nl/shops/Jelle097

World wide shipping for the real shipping price!
You see, in Canada most of them are circulating issues and one can find them in the pocket change. I was curious if other countries do the same...
I remember Tony_K_1965 showing me a coloured set from Australia they were fantastic !
do you have sucg transnistrian coins?
Yes, thanks, I do have those.
I'm doubly pleased - I think it's great that are circulating coins as I'm going to Toronto next year I might be able to get some great coins in my change.
Quote: "iknw07554"​I'm doubly pleased - I think it's great that are circulating coins as I'm going to Toronto next year I might be able to get some great coins in my change.
​Don't want to disappoint you but you have to be lucky to get many, especially in Toronto, or any other big city for that matter. My statistics for the rolls of 25c coins I used to buy from my bank: usually there is about a dozen of commemorative coins with a couple of colored among them per each 40-coin roll. And there is less than that in the everyday pocket change - cashiers, you know, many of them pick up those nice coins for themselves or for their kids... Still, those colored pieces pop up here and there...
Got three albums of Canada 25c to fill, not all coloured tho ,might as well chuck myself in falls then.

see you there
Australia has released circulating coloured $2 coins ....... (BTW Colour is spelt with a "u" in it.)

Another 2015 one

I have a feeling that if one is released in 2016 it will be blue seeing as they have not used that colour yet.
They are all Military related except for the purple Coronation one.

Cheers Mike
Referee for Australia & New Zealand Coins & Exonumia, Papua New Guinea & Cocos & Keeling Islands Coins & Australian Banknotes. I Collect > Australia, UK & Dependancies, NZ Sets, USA & Euros plus Misc Exonumia.
Quote: "brismike"​Australia has released circulating coloured $2 coins ....... (BTW Colour is spelt with a "u" in it.)

​Depends on which "dialect" of English language you use, in US it's officially without "u"
I shall look out for these when I visit Canada next year. I have for a long time now stopped worrying about dropped 'U,s' out of words - cos the Americans have lost loads of them.? Honor valor etc
Quote: "glykan"​I am looking for colored circulation coins from all countries except Canada. Will swap them for colored Canadian quarters.
​Anyone interested?
​hi- i can swap a NZ one if we can build a trade around it- Murray
Quote: "muzz0000"
Quote: "glykan"​I am looking for colored circulation coins from all countries except Canada. Will swap them for colored Canadian quarters.
​​Anyone interested?
​​hi- i can swap a NZ one if we can build a trade around it- Murray
​Murray, If you mean NZ 50c The Spirit of Anzac - I already have it thank to your courtesy. Or there are other NZ coloUred coins I am not aware of?
Quote: "glykan"
Quote: "muzz0000 opps sorry about that--- Murray"

​​​Anyone interested?
​​​hi- i can swap a NZ one if we can build a trade around it- Murray
​​Murray, If you mean NZ 50c The Spirit of Anzac - I already have it thank to your courtesy. Or there are other NZ coloUred coins I am not aware of?
I had a big set of Canadian Coloured Coins sent to me from Canada and they are awesome coins indeed, worth collecting any if you can get hold of them for the future :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujkkMZvB2VQ
LittleJohn Metal Detecting
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 23-Jan-2019, 23:51)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:08.