Menu

What are your most wished for coins up to now?

35 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hello everyone, I just start collecting coins a couple of months. As I first saw a picture of a Russia 10 ruble coin on wiki, I became fascinated with any coins that have "eagle" on them. Then I found some used old coins at my house and began collecting. Now, my most wished coins are Germany 10 pfennig (WWI & II), Sacagawea dollars. How about you?

P/S: I don't know why but whenever I search "coins that have eagle/ wolf" on Google, they will show me bullion coins :'( I mean normal ones :(((
75% of all Mexican coins have an eagle on them as seal. But if you want the eagle as theme, then the number lowers to less-than-a-dozen but they are still quite nice. There is one with a Royal eagle, Harpie eagle, Eagle and snakes...
Numista referee for the "Viceroyalty of the New Spain" (most of it).
History through coins.
Eli V
Quote: "erdvilla"​75% of all Mexican coins have an eagle on them as seal. But if you want the eagle as theme, then the number lowers to less-than-a-dozen but they are still quite nice. There is one with a Royal eagle, Harpie eagle, Eagle and snakes...
​Woa, thanks a lot, now I will add Mexican coins to my wishlist :wiz:
the individual coin I most want to get is the Melbourne centenary florin from Australia, but they don't come up for sale very often.

This is what it looks like

Wolves:
  • Canada 1967 50 cents
  • Poland 1999 2 zloty
  • Falkland Islands 50 pence km#14

Eagles:
Well, there are too many to list. Quite a few countries have eagles on their coat of arms, including:
  • Russia and Russian Empire
  • Finland (under Russian control, late 1800s-early 1900s)
  • Poland
  • Mexico
  • Austria / Austro-Hungarian Empire
  • German 3rd Reich and German States
  • Egypt
  • Syria
  • Philippines (while a US territory)

Other countries where it's a common theme:
  • Italy (1930s-40s )
  • Canada and US commemoratives and bullion
HoH
This is Mexico's only coin with a Wolf, but luckily it also includes a puppy :P

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces57096.html
Numista referee for the "Viceroyalty of the New Spain" (most of it).
History through coins.
Eli V
Quote: "neilithic"​the individual coin I most want to get is the Melbourne centenary florin from Australia, but they don't come up for sale very often.

​This is what it looks like

​It looks so beautiful :` I just search on ebay and saw there are people sell this coin. :))
Quote: "Houseofham"​Wolves:

• Canada 1967 50 cents

• Poland 1999 2 zloty

• Falkland Islands 50 pence km#14

​Eagles:
​Well, there are too many to list. Quite a few countries have eagles on their coat of arms, including:

• Russia and Russian Empire

• Finland (under Russian control, late 1800s-early 1900s)

• Poland

• Mexico

• Austria / Austro-Hungarian Empire

• German 3rd Reich and German States

• Egypt

• Syria

• Philippines (while a US territory)

​Other countries where it's a common theme:

• Italy (1930s-40s )

• Canada and US commemoratives and bullion

​Hihi, you helped me a lot, I gonna say goodbye to my money soon :))) I should make a clear wishlist now :))) :love:
Quote: "erdvilla"​This is Mexico's only coin with a Wolf, but luckily it also includes a puppy :P

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces57096.html
​OMG, so great looking and ... rarity 93 8~ Well, save it for later :O
Well. mine was a English silver penny. Have wanted one for 30 years. The few times I could get one, something always happen. Family or just money issues. Well a member , Fluke , just send me one as a gift. A great Edward II penny. My first English silver penny. Iam still floured , Thank you again Fluke. And just got one from Phil a Henry III . Now I have two silver penny's. So this year I can say I have my most wished coin.
yours daryl
It is, what it is.
Quote: "neilithic"​the individual coin I most want to get is the Melbourne centenary florin from Australia, but they don't come up for sale very often.

​This is what it looks like

​Got mine in exchange/swap on numista about 6 month back I think it was.......
My most wished for coin would have to be the Petition Crown. I've been wishing for one for 50 years.

However my current realistic ambition is to complete the 1905 Edward VII silver set in decent grades.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
Quote: "yorkie"
​​
​​This is what it looks like
​​
​​
​​Got mine in exchange/swap on numista about 6 month back I think it was.......

​Wow! That's one high value swap. These things go for hundreds of dollars in the higher grades.
Just use Numista search and simply type "eagle". Then you will find the "eagle" turning to your "Akagi-san" eating your money like her bauxite :D.
Catalog editor for Thailand and Japan.
Contact me via facebook if you want to swap/buy. See my profile.
After finishing my Canadian 1 Cent collection by date, I decided to work my back in Canadian history.

With my new Charlton Catalog "Canadian Colonial Tokens" in hand, I came across this little gem in the final pages.....

Described as a Merchant Token, they have encased a stamp with mica on copper.

This is better than a new kitten!!!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!
We were so busy deciding whether we could, we never asked ourselves whether we should!
Quote: "Sakrificed"​Just use Numista search and simply type "eagle". Then you will find the "eagle" turning to your "Akagi-san" eating your money like her bauxite :D.
​Hahahahaha, It's GREAT to find someone who knows Kancolle here :))))))))))) As happy as finding an"eagle" coin :)))))))) :wiz::O

I just came home from hunting coins. I got 1974 Tonga 50 Senti, 1981 Yemen 100 Fils, 2001 Nepal 25 Paisa, Turkmenistan 10 Teňňe, 1985 Pakistan 10 Paisa, 1943 India - British 1 Anna, 1997 Zimbabwe 20 Cent.

Now it's time to hunt more ships, as Kancolle event Start today, with 4+ new ships (one is Germany aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin).

Que, are you also Teitoku?
Quote: "neilithic"
Quote: "yorkie"

​​​
​​​This is what it looks like
​​​
​​​
​​​Got mine in exchange/swap on numista about 6 month back I think it was.......

​​Wow! That's one high value swap. These things go for hundreds of dollars in the higher grades.

​Got $250 as a good vf
My most wished for coins is the Belarus 1 Ruble Sedov or any ship coin in that series.
My most wished for coin is a Mexico city 8-R from 1770-1783.
Its coinage from an interesting point in US history.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Quote: "Sakrificed"

​I just came home from hunting coins. I got 1974 Tonga 50 Senti, 1981 Yemen 100 Fils, 2001 Nepal 25 Paisa, Turkmenistan 10 Teňňe, 1985 Pakistan 10 Paisa, 1943 India - British 1 Anna, 1997 Zimbabwe 20 Cent.

​Now it's time to hunt more ships, as Kancolle event Start today, with 4+ new ships (one is Germany aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin).

​Que, are you also Teitoku?
​Yes, I'm a Teitoku but low lv one ``- I have to stop playing for a while to wait for the bauxite fills up again :3 I'll welcome this event with instant bucket too :)))) Have you ever sunk your ships?
Quote: "Que"
Quote: "Sakrificed"
​​
​​I just came home from hunting coins. I got 1974 Tonga 50 Senti, 1981 Yemen 100 Fils, 2001 Nepal 25 Paisa, Turkmenistan 10 Teňňe, 1985 Pakistan 10 Paisa, 1943 India - British 1 Anna, 1997 Zimbabwe 20 Cent.
​​
​​Now it's time to hunt more ships, as Kancolle event Start today, with 4+ new ships (one is Germany aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin).
​​
​​Que, are you also Teitoku?
​​Yes, I'm a Teitoku but low lv one ``- I have to stop playing for a while to wait for the bauxite fills up again :3 I'll welcome this event with instant bucket too :)))) Have you ever sunk your ships?
​We should talk about our warships by messages and leave the topic to ones who want to tell what coins they need the most. :D
I've just started on the epic "Global For Circulation Only Coins of 1969" set.. (my birth year).. I figure it's around 360 coins. I'm up to about 90 already, but by going over the rarities of some of these, I'm guessing my hardest to find at any kind of reasonable price will be the ones from (very temporary) state of Biafra. Almost nothing for a mintage. Yikes!
My holy grail is the silver 5 złoty "Constitution of 1925" coin. I'd have to win the lottery or rob a bank to get that one :)
I'm coming back for the eagles... Try Napoleon III bronze coins. You can include Franquist and early Juan Carlos Spain
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.
After acquiring more of my 1969 birth year circulation-only set (up to 157 out of 370'ish coins), I started looking at eBay as well as checking out members' profiles. Big shocker to find out USSR 5, 15, and 20 kopeck coins are (to me) inexplicably high.. I mean, what the (you know what)! I actually think I might get the Biafra coins before the 5 kopecks..
Hmm, a side topic from this main one... if you use and search eBay seriously, which coin do you keep trying and fail to acquire? (I think that question could be different from the main one because we might not all be actively trying to get that special coin we wish for..) For me, I'm obsessed with any of the silver ones I need for my set (German Fed Rep 5 mark, Swiss 5 francs, French 5/10 francs.. B. ) - keep getting outbid!
Darcy
1) 2000 cheerios Sacagawea dollar-to complete my collection (approximately $4000) 2) 1909S and SVDB Lincoln cents to complete my collection. 3) 1913 Liberty head nickel. (:
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
How about a slight modification to the topic:
"what is your reasonable wish list"?

I bet there are lot of people (myself included) who would not mind sending some coins for nothing more than just making someone happy, not expecting to get anything in return? We all hit the "5 coins for a dollar bin" from time to time - wouldn't it be great if there were a way to send somebody a present for a hack of it? Let's face it - we can afford it (sometimes).
Quote: "chaosharvard"​How about a slight modification to the topic:
​"what is your reasonable wish list"?

​I bet there are lot of people (myself included) who would not mind sending some coins for nothing more than just making someone happy, not expecting to get anything in return? We all hit the "5 coins for a dollar bin" from time to time - wouldn't it be great if there were a way to send somebody a present for a hack of it? Let's face it - we can afford it (sometimes).
​My most wished coin currently would be, an Indian one rupee of William IV, and of course a Victorian one, I had got one but it turned out to be a counterfeit, shillings and florins also fascinate me and I try to get as many as possible.
Each coin has its own intrinsic value, never disregard any coin be it a penny or a mohur.
My most wished for coins are all key coins. They would complete my circulation issue Lincoln cents set 1909-date. I need the 1909S and SVDB, the 1914 D and the 1922 no mint mark. The other set I have a wish coin for is my Sacagawea/native American dollar set To complete this set I need some variety coins. I need the "wounded eagle" and cheerios varieties and the 2016S proof coin.
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
Quote: "chaosharvard"​How about a slight modification to the topic:
​"what is your reasonable wish list"?

​I bet there are lot of people (myself included) who would not mind sending some coins for nothing more than just making someone happy, not expecting to get anything in return? We all hit the "5 coins for a dollar bin" from time to time - wouldn't it be great if there were a way to send somebody a present for a hack of it? Let's face it - we can afford it (sometimes).
​Little aluminum coins. Especially from Asia and Africa. Don't know why, i like the little aluminum ones. May have to start a secondary collection for those :)
Thanks,
noah
Right now I think I would like to complete my Sierra Leone company issues so a better 1 penny, a 20 cents, 50 cents and the "1" dollar issue.
BRITISH EMPIRE COLLECTION FOR SALE.INBOX ME IF YOU WANY ANY.

MAY SWAP FOR DURHAM AND NORTHUMBERLAND CONDER TOKENS OR OLD GIBRALTAR QUART COINS/ TOKENS
  • Ionian Islands
  • Sovereign Military Order of Malta
  • Liechtenstein
  • China 10 Yuan coin commemorating the handover of Hong Kong and Macau
  • Italian Somaliland
  • Empire of Korea
  • Tannu Tuva
  • Greenland
  • French India
  • Danish India
  • Crete
  • Crimea
  • Danzig
I would love to have a real early age Lydian electrum coin. This would be a nice starting point for my collection.
For my collection main focus Japan it would be an Oban but I think I'd rather buy a nice little house for that money. :D
In last few months I focused on my 2 euro collection. I got all the non expensive coins and made a plan to keep buying one expensive 2 euro coin a month (San Marino, Vatican, Monaco, Andorra) Eventualy I would love to have them all but it will take me some time.

Just last month I got a "thing" for those fantasy euro issues as well. I knew nothing about those so I had to research the field. I plan to focus only on 2 euro fantasy issues and to avoid fantasy cents. On numista we have only about 70 different coins listed, but I think that in reality there are about 300-400 different ones. They are much harder to find than what I aspected. Not even eBay has more than only 20ish for sale at the moment. Until now, all the coins that I wished were always available for sale, I just could not afford all of the. This fantasy euro thing brings something new to the game... I have to hunt for my coins. Even though those fantasy issues can be ugly :) they really make me happy

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 06:00PM.