Completion rate of countries

12 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

[My collection]
Upvotes: 43
Downvotes: 1

» Quick access to the last post

It's nice to see in the map and in the countrylist below the map the number of coins I have from that country. But actually I'm more interested in how complete my collection is, so if I have 30% or 90% of all coins(based on coins in numista database,which is propably not all, but fine enough for me)
And some filters in that would be nice, I mostly collect only circulating coins from1900-now, so I would love to filter out all coins before 1900 or 1800, and filter out some coin types, which we have deined already, like commemorative, non cirulating, tokens, trail strickes etc.
It would be nice to see these completion rates back in the map, but only a list will be already great too!
I completely agree. I have an excel spreadsheet where I keep track of this.
I also chose 1900 to date circulating non commemorative coins as my focus. So I go through every country and search individually on these two coin types and see how many coins there are. Then I check how many coins I have in my collection. So far I only have one country complete Moravia and Bohemia.
It takes a lot of time doing that, so if there would be this option of the site it would be a great asset.
Hello,

Now that rulers have been implemented, would it be possible to see the advancement of collection by type of ruler + type of coin (for example : France 4th republic - circulation coins --> xx%)?

I don't know how and where it could be implemented, but it would be great to see the progress. Even better if we could select the coins we are collecting, thus have something really personalized.
Just bumping this thread up.
Was there any consideration in adding this feature? Like many said before it would be really nice to see the completion status of a country without having to go through each country separately and check by yourself.

Thanks
I fully agree with that proposal !
Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno
I also agree. They had something like this on uCoin.net which I found incredibly intriguing, and used as a guide for what I wanted to collect next. Would love to see it added.
I agree this would be a great addition

Matt
Quote: "Stomac"​Hello,

​Now that rulers have been implemented, would it be possible to see the advancement of collection by type of ruler + type of coin (for example : France 4th republic - circulation coins --> xx%)?

​I don't know how and where it could be implemented, but it would be great to see the progress. Even better if we could select the coins we are collecting, thus have something really personalized.
​That could be so amazing for the history nerds like me!
For a person who collects from all over the world, could it be a possibility to also get something with "world completion"? Either by a choosen period or something more with user defined? I for instance doesn't collect medival/ancient coins, some people only collect coins from modern existing countries and other only collect euroes. I agree that a form of progress meassure could be nice, see one get closer to one's goals of eg. having one type from every modern country, every european country etc. :D

Best regards
- Jamtrup
I have a soft spot for origami paper cranes.
Read or watch about "Sadako Sasaki and the Thousand Paper Cranes".
Spread a little peace and happiness wherever you go :)
It seems like this feature would be appreciated by many users. Although I am not sure if it is possible to implement it would be nice to hear from one of the moderators if this is something you consider adding. Thanks!
You actually picked my interest ;) I initially only saw it as a new map and failed to see the interest, but it would be nice to set some goals for my collection, for example
  • Get one of each type of commemorative 2 euros coins
  • Get all the years/varieties for the US 1 cent.
  • Get all the world coins dated 1900
  • Get one of each type of circulating coin from 1900 to now
and be able to see the completion rate (and potentially see the completion rate per country on a map).

I have some other priorities for the beginning of the year, let's target end of this year to have it implemented.
Status changed to Accepted (Xavier, 18-Feb-2021, 11:57)
I understand that this idea is actually very similar to : https://en.numista.com/forum/topic59166.html
That sounds good! Thank you Xavier.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 14:19.