Swap bug

18 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 3
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

There is a bug in swap system. I checked 29 coins and after the swap has been confirmed all unchecked coins are now checked, so instead 29 coins now are 32 coin.
I can't see the swap list of the other numista members anymore.
Swaps are, due to this, impossible to carry on.
Cents are money too!
I still see yours although. So it is not universal bug.
Catalogue administrator
Quote: "Jarcek"​I still see yours although. So it is not universal bug.
​Weird, now I see your swap list too!

A temporary lapse of my computer due to updates! Perhaps the Flash Playeror as example.
Otherwise I simply can't explain why.
Cents are money too!
Quote: "Andy289"​There is a bug in swap system. I checked 29 coins and after the swap has been confirmed all unchecked coins are now checked, so instead 29 coins now are 32 coin.
​just to be sure, you are certain that the side of the swap you agreed on had the 29 coins? I know that the checked coins on one side will change after the swap has been confirmed if both sides aren't the same. The swap you're agreeing on is the one who clicks confirm firstÂÂ
(another possible bug in the forum is the random garbage characters that appears in my forum posts when I post from my phone, I don't know where that comes from)
Those were steps:

1. I chose from my swap partner 34 coins - He checked 32
2. He chose from my list less then 30 coins and I didn't checked them all
3. He added more coins and reach a total of 35 coins (including those unchecked at step 2) and I checked 29
4. We agree to swap 32:29
5. After confirmation all coins added at step 3 has been added even if not all were checked. Funny thing is that coins added at step 2 which have not been checked are not added after swap confirmation.
The problem is, when you agree with the offer of someone else, you agree with the coins he checked.
Pleae check my own coin shop:

https://www.lastdodo.nl/nl/shops/Jelle097

World wide shipping for the real shipping price!
Yes that's what I was trying to get at.
At step 4, did both sides check the 29:32?
At step 5, who clicked confirm first?ÂÂ
At step 4 both sides check 29:32 but were also some coins checked just by one side or other side. The logic makes me think that only those coins that are checked by both sides should by included in the swap.
At step 5, the first that confirmed the swap was the other side.

Anyway, this swap system is inconsistent. The coins selected by me and unchecked by the other side were not included in swap but coins selected by the other side and unchecked by me has been included in swap.
Yes, that's what I tried to say. When one side clicks confirm it means that side suggests the swap selected by them and the other side is given the option to agree or turn down. Whatever is selected by the other side at that point isn't relevant. It makes sense to me but I prefer to make sure both sides checked the same coins just to be sure.ÂÂ
Dear leaders can someone explain how is working numista swap system? We don't want troubles again. If I am doing something wrong just let me know.
Quote: "Andy289"​There is a bug in swap system. I checked 29 coins and after the swap has been confirmed all unchecked coins are now checked, so instead 29 coins now are 32 coin.
I'm wondering if this same thing happened to me and my swap partner today. Or was it because one of the coins that he wanted was not available so he unchecked it from "coins you give in exchange". Was I also supposed to uncheck the coin from "coins you give in exchange". Do both parties have to uncheck the unavailable coin(s)?
Well I think I tried to explain this, the system makes sense to me but I'm just not able to explain it properly... :)

The person who clicks confirm (first) proposes his side of the swap, then the other person is given a choice to agree to that swap.

So if you uncheck a coin while the other person does not, and you click confirm and the other person agrees, then it shouldn't be included
However if you uncheck a coin while the other person does not, and the other person clicks confirm and you agree, then it should be included.

Or am I wrong?

I think there used to be warnings about this? I also think the "confirm your swap offer" option should be called "propose" or something like that...
I was looking for a yes or no answer, does my question not make sense?
Quote: "SRV5490"​I was looking for a yes or no answer, does my question not make sense?
​Yes, both parties have to uncheck the coins that are not going to go in the swap! I discovered this as well during one of my swaps :-)
Quote: "SRV5490"​I was looking for a yes or no answer, does my question not make sense?
​And I thought I answered no to your question?

Only the person that clicks Confirm first has to uncheck... The numisdoc article also says this (though it recommends both sides to check the same coins)
https://en.numista.com/numisdoc/swapping-step-by-step-149.html
QuoteWhen both parts agree about the swap terms, be sure that all coins are checked on the same way on both sides. Otherwise the proposal of the member who validates first will be accepted.
Thank you.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:48.