Question (Urgent)

14 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Hello everybody, recently made ​​a return. By regular mail , I received the letter and I sent, but the letter arrived without coins.
It is possible to happen?
What to do?
Yes - it happened to me. A member abroad sent me a swap with coins in an envelope.
It arrived, with no coins in. Either they were stolen, or it got damaged in postal machinery.
There were coins originally in there, as on the inside packaging could be seen the
round marks where the coins were.
I have also received an envelope from Italy without coins.
By observing it carefully, it was obvious that it had been open during the transport.
Thieves are everywhere ...
Referee to Old Portuguese colonies
Yes it happens. Hey monge hope all is well. Funny sad thing, I also got an empty envelope back from Italy. In a customs envelope.
It is, what it is, or is it.
Not happened to me thankfully so far but if it helps with sending coins one user I have exchanged with used one sheet of cardboard and cut out the circles for the coins, then with the circular cardboard they sliced it in two and sandwiched the coin in between and then taped it back into the sheet of cardboard thus it still felt like cardboard with no coins :-) so should stop many sticky fingers having a look in.
Also as many of you know certain countries have different customs on what can be sent and received and I now mark my customs labels as either Token Gift or Tokens.

Food for thought for some of you maybe and sorry it does not help regain your lost coins :-( but it may help some of us in the long run to stop these scum bags........
LittleJohn Metal Detecting
I've seen your last 2 rates are 0, maybe a postal office worker knows you send coins, so try packaging them in bubble special letters, and another person to sent it, the postal office you used to sent is now insecure for you, try sending with the name of other person in another postal office
Alas, those kind of things do happen everywhere.
I do remember a little swap dutch to dutch and the letter did arrived without coins.

It cost me the coins, the postcosts and the money I payed to compensate the one who didn't got the coins.
Cents are money too!
A postal worker told me once that coins are illegal to send internationally into and out of the US, with the exception of gold and silver, and normally if they find them, they will be confiscated.
I don't know how it is for other countries.

Cheers
Trade only within the US.
yeh, it happen to me to, and yes they don't like us to send coins ( specially legal tender). other than that, if i really have to declare what it is i put down that is collectable items.
If the postal clerk asks, I tell them I am sending photos. That worked when the clerk wouldn't let me send coins to Ukraine. I went to a different post office and told them the package was photos and no problem.
A lot of people declare them as a gift and say it is a collectible item. It works and you don't lie to the feds., but if they're packed incorrectly, meaning that they can tell they're coins, that will probably confiscated it.
I have once used the excuse of "old bus tokens", but usually "numismatic supplies" works well enough.
Quote: "Cerulean"​I have once used the excuse of "old bus tokens", but usually "numismatic supplies" works well enough.
​Yup I always say numismatic supplies on mine and never have an issue...many postal workers don't know what it means nor does anyone else who might want to pilfer mail.
Quote: "lykan"​yeh, it happen to me to, and yes they don't like us to send coins ( specially legal tender). other than that, if i really have to declare what it is i put down that is collectable items.
​That is a cool avatar you have there. Is that the flag of Portucanada ;)?

Cheers
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 23-Jan-2019, 23:54)

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 23:50.