Menu

Select swappers by country

10 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

Upvotes: 10
Downvotes: 0
Hi
is it possible to search swappers by countries?
If no..it will be nice :)
More useful than classifying by alphabetical order
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.

Just click on the country tab and it will sort them by country.
Numista referee for British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, United States, Fiji, Cook Islands, Philippines, Vanuatu
Quote: "ken6528"Just click on the country tab and it will sort them by country.
Then you only get the first 100 members and you have to click on "show more". Then you get all the members but it takes a while to load this page, certainly on an older computer. Everytime you want to check another member from that country , you have to click on "show more" again, and wait again till the page is loaded.
It would indeed be much easier and handier if there was an extra search box where you could choose a country. And then only the members of that country are shown in the list which makes the loading time practically null.
Dear Essor Prof,
by clicking on a member you want to check out using the LeFT button of your mouse, you will be taken to this member's page in the same tab as you were before. After that, if you go back, you have to click on "show more" again, and wait again till the page is loaded.
However, if you click on the member with the RIGHT button of your mouse, you will see a small menu. Choose the top line - "open in a new tab". This way, this member's page in the NEW tab. After you're done with that member, you can simply close that tab, and your original tab with extended list of swapers is ready for you without extra waiting.

I hope it helps.
Quote: "chaosharvard"​However, if you click on the member with the RIGHT button of your mouse, you will see a small menu. Choose the top line - "open in a new tab".

​Holding Control key (Ctrl) while doing a left mouse click will do the same thing.
Quote: "chaosharvard"However, if you click on the member with the RIGHT button of your mouse, you will see a small menu. Choose the top line - "open in a new tab". This way, this member's page in the NEW tab. After you're done with that member, you can simply close that tab, and your original tab with extended list of swapers is ready for you without extra waiting.

I hope it helps.
Dear chaosharvard, thank you very very much. This helps a lot. Stupid of me to not think of that myself because I use the "open in a new tab" regularly for other purposes.
When clicking on "show more" I have to wait for about 12 seconds to load the next page. Now I can avoid that thanks to you. It's a very good solution for the time being but I'm convinced an extra searchbox on the swap page where you can select a country is even more user friendly.

@smoked_caramel: holding Control key while doing a left mouse click will do the same thing. That's not quite the same. With the Control key you also open a new tab BUT you stay in the old tab. So you have to move your cursor to select that new tab. With the right button of the mouse you choose "open a new tab" and you are directly in that tab in stead of in the old one.
Quote: "Essor Prof"​@smoked_caramel: holding Control key while doing a left mouse click will do the same thing. That's not quite the same. With the Control key you also open a new tab BUT you stay in the old tab. So you have to move your cursor to select that new tab. With the right button of the mouse you choose "open a new tab" and you are directly in that tab in stead of in the old one.

​This actually depends on your browser and its settings. I know that both Firefox and Chrome can be configured to make a newly opened tab active right away. Don't use "The blue ugly E" so can't tell.
I use Opera.
Hello,
Let me close this topic as a duplicate of: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic76282.html
Status changed to Rejected (Xavier, 4-Jan-2020, 11:14AM)

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 05:35PM.