No Excel download available? [solved]

29 posts

This message aims at: reporting a bug

Upvotes: 9
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Are you still adjusting the website? We seem to have lost the ability to download the swap list on Excel?

Thanks,
Ben
I think, it is a mistake.
Return, please, Excel.
Thanks.
No problem here to download the excel file.
At me nothing has appeared.
There is no such reference in the menu.
I have in the menu only these points:
Actions
Send a message to angela2007v
View xxxxxxxx profile
Confirm your swap offer (?)
Edit your collection
I don't want to swap
Refresh the page
Quote: "Essor Prof"No problem here to download the excel file.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood the title of this topic. I thought it wasn't possible anymore to download your whole swaplist after the maintenance. That's still possible. But thanks to the post of Mitino I now understand it's about downloading the excel file of a specific swap with another member. And indeed, that's not possible anymore. I hope it will be corrected soon because I use that with every swap, as most of us do I guess.
Like Mitino said, the possibility to download and print a specific swap is no longer available in this menu:

Hello,
Actually I was considering dropping the Excel export of swap lists. It needs to be developed again and I fail to see how it can be useful. Could you please explain how you are usually using this export? Perhaps other solutions better fit the need.
I use the excel for almost every swap. I export the swap, then add values for both sides. This info can then be PM'd back and forth, and it is easily modified to balance a swap. If this function goes away, I will really miss it.
Referee for Pre-Euro Ireland
Quote: "muygrandeoso"​I use the excel for almost every swap. I export the swap, then add values for both sides. This info can then be PM'd back and forth, and it is easily modified to balance a swap. If this function goes away, I will really miss it.
​Pretty much the same use for me. I export every swap into Excel and calculate total catalog value on both sides. I'm sure I will be considerably less active with swaps of this is really gone. Please bring it back Xavier.
Hi Xavier,

I download every swap on Excel and print the list of my swap coins so I can collect them. Then I enter the values and quantities of all the coins to make sure that there is a balance. Especially when you are dealing with 30 to 100 coins it is an invaluable tool.

Best Regards,
Ben
I use it for every swap. I download and print it, and use the printed pages as worksheets. When I search the coins I'm going to swap I indicate the ones I already found on those pages, or for swappers who swap by type instead of by date, I use these printed pages to change a date (if the one asked isn't available anymore, or if another year is in a better condition than the one asked). As BMPJ already said, it's indispensable to have a printed copy of the swaplist to make a proposition for big swaps. I have a lot of swaps between 50 and 150 coins, if you have to make a proposition without the printed pages, the only thing you can do is scrolling up and down till you get totally loco. For every coin from your swap partner you have to scroll down to find a comparable coin in your list and then scroll up again for the next coin. For a swap of 100 coins you have to that 100 times! With a printed version you put the pages next to each other and you start selecting.
I really need those printed version, or it's the end of big swaps or even swapping in general. I'm not going to use expensive registered mail for small swaps so that will end overseas swapping for sure and probably ends the motivation for swapping in general if big swaps and overseas swaps are no longer possible.
So please Xavier, bring back our excel files.

SO GUYS AND GIRLS, IF YOU ARE AGREE, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!
Ok, it makes sense. I will bring it back.
Thank you so very much Xavier. You just made my day.
I thought that lack of export a temporary mistake. And every moment I checked, there is export or not. I stopped all exchanges.
Without this function the exchange becomes complicated repeatedly.
Thanks for the decision to return export.
We look forward.
Xavier, I have a few ideas that may greatly simplify Excel exports and make Excel sheets more usable.
Please let me know (PM) if you want to discuss.
Hello, I also miss Excel export at the swaps, I always download and print this sheet,
it helps me much to arrange coins for sending. Thank you Xavier much.

regards
Tomas
Numista is the most convenient site, and this feature was also lovely and comfortable. Please bring her back!
Really someone could not use the sheets Excel in exchanges?
Return, please, this function.
Very much I wait.
Thanks,
Aleksey
Bring Excel back.
I use it in every swap in order to put values/condition and balance the swap.
After confirming it, I use the same Excel file, after a few quick modifications, in order to print labels for the holders.
It is an important tool we really need.
PLEASE PUT IT BACK
Referee to Old Portuguese colonies
Hello,
The swap Excel export is back :)
Thanks Xavier!
Referee for Pre-Euro Ireland
Thank you very much Xavier. I missed it very much and I'm glad it's back. And (in my opinion) better than it was before (the lay-out).
Hi Xavier,

Thank you so much for putting this back. This layout is better than before with the country names on each line.
A possible improvement for a future revision might be to add the comments in the bubble, as that is where we write our grades and prices. The mint column is nice but not so important (at least for myself).

In any case thanks, thanks, thanks!
Quote: "BMPJ"​Hi Xavier,

​Thank you so much for putting this back. This layout is better then before with the country names on each line.
​A possible improvement for a future revision might be to add the comments in the bubble as that is where we write our grades and prices. The mint column is nice but not so important (at least for myself).

​In any case thanks, thanks, thanks!

​I haven't noticed the new improved format. Thanks a lot! It should be easier to work with this now.
Also, I can second BPMJ's request to add personal comment column.
Column with the mint - it's great! I'm only missing the table for printing.
And thank you very much!
Yes, another column with comment would be indeed good addition to excel export.
I came to this thread while looking for a download option before a swap offer, to analyze 100s or even 1000s of coins some people offer. Is there any way? The reason is that I have some additional (individual) search criteria, so the wish list is good, but not exact enough for me.
Quote: "ChrisUsKoelle"​I came to this thread while looking for a download option before a swap offer, to analyze 100s or even 1000s of coins some people offer. Is there any way?

Just right click anywhere on the page of a potential swapper except on the links of the coins and then you can print the whole swap list. You'll get a new screen with a print preview (it can take some time to load if the swap list is extensive:

Don't forget, nowadays extensive swap lists are split in different pages (in my case 3 pages, see red mark), to print the whole swaplist you have to print each of these pages.

Also, it's a lot of printing, in my case it's 146 pages! I don't know if that's really workable.
Quote: "ChrisUsKoelle"​I came to this thread while looking for a download option before a swap offer, to analyze 100s or even 1000s of coins some people offer. Is there any way? The reason is that I have some additional (individual) search criteria, so the wish list is good, but not exact enough for me.

​Hi Chris,
I think the best in your case, is to ask the member you want to swap to export their own swap list and to send it to you by email.
François

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:48.