I picked up some new coins including 3 upgrades:

A couple of nice coins from New Foundland

An ok looking British copper

A couple of ancients

And a gorgeous New Zealand trade token

I've shown you mine, now show me yours
Picked few additions!

Middle one is
3 GROSSUS of Ernst Johann Biron - Duchy of Courland - still not on Numista - plans on adding those coins though!
Catalogue administrator
New created file for a coin bought a long time ago: Khwarazmian Jital Ala al-Din Muhammad bin Takash (Kurzuwan mint)
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.
Finally Picked-up a coin from Greenland
Referee for Pre-Euro Ireland
Queen Tamar, Georgia. Irregular copper ( fels)

with countermark - old Georgian "D"

Saint Demetrius II of Georgia
Morocco 1 Falus, not listed in KM book.

Morocco Rare 1/2 Dirham, AH 1320 , Paris Mint

very rare Tunisia Burben AH 1177. Mustafa III
I picked up a nice U.S. 1865 2 piece. This is the first U.S. coin that had the "In God We Trust" motto on it.

coin collecting is fun.
I just paid £13 for this East African florin.

Quote: "Mark240590"​I just paid £13 for this East African florin.

​something odd with it...
I think "florin" side is totally fake, inserted inside another coin with George V , which is common for any coin of that period.
Well, I did think that but then it's of good size, weight and passes the magnetic slide test.
What about the edge?
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Quote: "chomp-master"​What about the edge?
​it's all sound, I've checked it. I'm not new to this 8)
Quote: "Mark240590"
​​it's all sound, I've checked it. I'm not new to this 8)
​No, I dont say that you are new. Just wonder what do you think about Florin side?
Probably You bought it for 13 Lbs just because it is an interesting fake, not usual.

I think it is like this in the central shear, Chomp-Master. So the edge will be quite normal.

In this Florin case, with common obverse it is too easy. I saw such fakes ( of Russian Empire coins) made by Russian fake-masters with both obverse and reverse insertions and original edge. They were looking even better then this one.
Picked-up this German States coin in a collection I bought.

Osnabruck 1597 5 Pfennig

and this Guatemala 1964 10 Centavos
Quote: "Dato Mikeladze"

​​​it's all sound, I've checked it. I'm not new to this 8)

​​No, I dont say that you are new. Just wonder what do you think about Florin side?
​Probably You bought it for 13 Lbs just because it is an interesting fake, not usual.

​I think it is like this in the central shear, Chomp-Master. So the edge will be quite normal.

​In this Florin case, with common obverse it is too easy. I saw such fakes ( of Russian Empire coins) made by Russian fake-masters with both obverse and reverse insertions and original edge. They were looking even better then this one.

​After looking again, I think I see the causes of your doubts
Quote: "muygrandeoso"​Picked-up this German States coin in a collection I bought.

​Osnabruck 1597 5 Pfennig

​and this Guatemala 1964 10 Centavos
​Years ago somewhere I read that this Guatemala coin has more than 60 described interposition of the obverse and reverse :) and people call it " coin watches" . " Monlito" may show 1,2,3,,4,5 etc o`clock in case of correct reverse position  :)

​​​it's all sound, I've checked it. I'm not new to this 8)
​​No, I dont say that you are new. Just wonder what do you think about Florin side?
​Probably You bought it for 13 Lbs just because it is an interesting fake, not usual.

​I think it is like this in the central shear, Chomp-Master. So the edge will be quite normal.

​In this Florin case, with common obverse it is too easy. I saw such fakes ( of Russian Empire coins) made by Russian fake-masters with both obverse and reverse insertions and original edge. They were looking even better then this one.

I see what you mean.. But the magnetic slide is correct, I also have a magnetic swing which has exactly the same pull as the obverse, it pings well on both sides, the weight & diameter are spot on and the ice cube cold conductivity is as good as any other silver coin I've got. I'll have to get my digital microscope on it tomorrow but right now i think it's legit. The reason it was so cheap is because the auction ended at 1am on Wednesday and it had crappy pictures and a poor description but I took a shot since I'm covered ha ! ​
Passing the silver test does not mean it's genuine, it could just be a silver fake. It's a little bit dodgy that the design is so crisp and clear and yet the rim is so badly worn.

​​

​​​​it's all sound, I've checked it. I'm not new to this 8)
​​​No, I dont say that you are new. Just wonder what do you think about Florin side?
​​Probably You bought it for 13 Lbs just because it is an interesting fake, not usual.
​​
​​I think it is like this in the central shear, Chomp-Master. So the edge will be quite normal.
​​
​​
​​In this Florin case, with common obverse it is too easy. I saw such fakes ( of Russian Empire coins) made by Russian fake-masters with both obverse and reverse insertions and original edge. They were looking even better then this one.
​​
​​
​​
​​
​I see what you mean.. But the magnetic slide is correct, I also have a magnetic swing which has exactly the same pull as the obverse, it pings well on both sides, the weight & diameter are spot on and the ice cube cold conductivity is as good as any other silver coin I've got. I'll have to get my digital microscope on it tomorrow but right now i think it's legit. The reason it was so cheap is because the auction ended at 1am on Wednesday and it had crappy pictures and a poor description but I took a shot since I'm covered ha ! ​
​1. they usually insert thin silver or silver-plated non-magnetic thin sheets, on which image struck. Magnetic ones are "made in China" pieces. But these ones are always local fakes. All other coin is usual silver one of same size. And , of course, coin will pass both - magnet and ice test. But try a sound test, and compare with any other British silver of same fineness, period and size.Better a coin, minted at same Mint. I think, you will catch a difference.
2. If everything is correct, then coin must be error, as there is no such doubled rim on EA florin.
YOurs,
D.
Yeah, I'll have a bash at it, I'll probably do a density test too.
Neil, that normally applies to expensive coins this isn't one really, something to consider though.

cheers fellas !
I have only one addition so far this month ...

'2 Euro error Error Blank both sides'

which I got as I already have circulated bimetal blanks (with only edge lettering) for UK £2 and Georgia 10 Lari coins.
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic4605.html#p31805
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic34204.html#p293228
Main Referee for Hutt-River
Got a great, beautiful, and rarest coin , - Georgia, Giorgi III

Never saw better condition to say the true. Proud and happy of it !  :)  :)

I got this beauty with excellent toning...better in hand than pic
I added three great coins thanks to a swap with Hambi:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces12845.html - complete with first day cover and five stamps.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces9530.html - 1970

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces18961.html - sealed on a presentation card.

I also got a 1965 Churchill crown coin from polisciprof, which is my first crown. I also received several other excellent coins in this swap.

So my March additions have been very strong.
Some of my latest additions from this week so far. Far too many for me to add them all so here is a few of the nicest purchases.

Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Latest addition to my collection is a PCGS SP67 Glenacre prototype Sacagawea dollar.
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
Nice March !
Sao-Thome 20 &40 reis. Bahia Mint

Couple more today......

Battle of Britain £5

1729 GEORGE II FARTHING, You can also notice verdigris starting on the obverse which I will have to take care of.

It is very well struck with nice relief.
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Quote: "Fluke"​Couple more today......

​Battle of Britain £5

​1729 GEORGE II FARTHING, You can also notice verdigris starting on the obverse which I will have to take care of.

​It is very well struck with nice relief.
​I didn't think that there was a Farthing issued in 1729, a 1/2 Penny, but not a Farthing. Am I wrong?
Quote: "muygrandeoso"
Quote: "Fluke"​Couple more today......
​​
​​Battle of Britain £5
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​1729 GEORGE II FARTHING, You can also notice verdigris starting on the obverse which I will have to take care of.
​​
​​
​​
​​It is very well struck with nice relief.
​​
​​I didn't think that there was a Farthing issued in 1729, a 1/2 Penny, but not a Farthing. Am I wrong?
​Sorry, my error. It is indeed a Half Penny and you are exactly correct.
Awesome halfpenny, I have one not in quite as good a condition but the high relief is awesome. Have a look at the 40's issues they changed from the Latin V to U's :)
Georgia under Russia 1 Bisti 1805. Mintage 1300
Canadian tokens again :)
one upgrade (Lesslie & sons) which isn't strictly an upgrade since it's a variety so I'll keep both :)

Few more once again. B)

Catalogue administrator
I think it has been more than a year since I purchased a coin, so I thought it would be a good idea to visit the local coin fair. I bought these coins for exactly 20 euros. It's probably too much but I don't care because I'm very pleased with me new additions! :)

Here's a complete list of them:
Czech Republic 10 Korún 2000 Millenium commemorative
Luxembourg 25 Centimes 1920
Luxembourg 5 Frang 1949
South Africa 1 Rand 1977
South Africa 1 Rand 1980
Fiji 20 Cents 1969
Fiji 20 Cents 1980
Kenya 50 Cents 1997
Malawi 1 Shilling 1968
Laos 10 Cents 1952
Laos 20 Cents 1952
Portugal 2.50 Escudos 1951 (silver)
Nepal 50 Paisa 1997
Italy 100 Lire 1981 Naval Academy commemorative
Sweden 10 Öre 1917 (silver)
New Zealand 1/2 Penny 1963
New Zealand 6 Pence 1957
Spain 5 Centimos 1870
Spain 5 Centimos 1879
Spain 10 Centimos 1870
New Hebrides 1 Franc 1975 (new country!!!)
Lebanon 10 Piastres 1972
Lebanon 25 Piastres 1970
Lebanon 25 Piastres 1975
Lebanon 50 Piastres 1970
Lebanon 50 Piastres 1975
Lebanon 50 Piastres 1978
Lebanon 1 Livre 1975
Lebanon 1 Livre 1977
Liberia 1 Cent 1961 (new country!!!)
Liberia 25 Cents 1973
Liberia 50 Cents 1973
France 2 Sols 1792 BB L'an 4

"For by telling them of many things without teaching them you will make them seem to know much, while for the most part they know nothing"
-Plato
I finally found something to buy.
I got this off craigslist, (a trading website) l offered what l thought was about 70% of the value $160, but he included more than l realized. He said l was the best offer. Two silver eagles, two Morgans, 9 polished and worn walking Libertys, two Franklin halves, 12 quarters a worn standing liberty, 39 dimes, and 8 of those pesky 40% silver halves. Plus a nickle album, only missing one silver war nickle, a penny album starting in 1940 an empty dime and nickle album. A bicentennial half and about 80 loose wheats and some random nickles! Plus a silver necklace.
And to top it off l just pulled 67 cents and a steal wheat from the coin star!
I will probably sell of some of my silver dimes to pay for this acquisition.
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

Looking for pre 1783 coins
Congratulations! That's a great haul!
Apparently I'm on a roll, got a 1967 40% Kennedy half at the bank today for 50 cents!
Taking a break from swapping for a while, but still interested in pre 1799 Spanish coins, I will make time for that!

On a trip to Leicester Market last week
I found this nice little Irish farthing of George III and couldn't resist it.
After getting an empty US Roosevelt dime book in my bulk lot two posts up I got bit by the coin book bug and had to fill it up. Only missing

1949 P
1950 S
1954 S
1955 D
1955 S

Now I am pretty sure that l have some more dimes around here somewhere...

few I have got this month.

1793 BERMUDA PENNY

3 Mixed lot of Tokens

1743 George II Shilling with unusual counter mark on obverse.

1857 Half Penny

1858 Penny

1873 Victoria Gothic Florin

There are quite a few others this month, been on a spree as well as buttering up the Mrs with gifts so I don't get bull whipped. :°
Vicky sure cuts a pretty picture on a coin doesn't she
I have been slowly increasing my Byzantine collection, so here are some of my recent additions:

Byzantine Empire: Justinian I (527-565) Half Follis, RY16, Constantinople (Sear-165)

Obv: D N IVSTINIANVS P P AVG; Helmeted and cuirassed bust facing, holding globus cruciger and decorated shield; cross right in field.
Rev: Large K between ANNO - XЧI, cross above; Λ below.

This particular coin is the so-called Plague Coin of Justinian. It depicts a deformed face of Justinian when he was recovering from the plague. See the following reference paper for more information:

Pottier, H., L'empereur Justinien survivant à la peste bubonique (542), Mélanges Cécile Morrisson, Paris, 2010, p. 685-691

Byzantine Empire: Nicephorus III (1078-1081) Æ Follis, Constantinople (Sear-1888)

Obv: IC-XC to left and right of three-quarter length figure of Christ standing facing, wearing nimbus cross, holding book of gospels and raising right hand, large star to left and right
Rev: C - Φ / N - Δ in the four corners of a cross with a large dot at the ends of each arm, circle in center containing large star of eight rays

Quote: "Quant.Geek"​I have been slowly increasing my Byzantine collection, so here are some of my recent additions:

Byzantine Empire: Justinian I (527-565) Half Follis, RY16, Constantinople (Sear-165)

​Obv: D N IVSTINIANVS P P AVG; Helmeted and cuirassed bust facing, holding globus cruciger and decorated shield; cross right in field.
​Rev: Large K between ANNO - XЧI, cross above; Λ below.

​This particular coin is the so-called Plague Coin of Justinian. It depicts a deformed face of Justinian when he was recovering from the plague. See the following reference paper for more information:

Pottier, H., L'empereur Justinien survivant à la peste bubonique (542), Mélanges Cécile Morrisson, Paris, 2010, p. 685-691

Byzantine Empire: Nicephorus III (1078-1081) Æ Follis, Constantinople (Sear-1888)

​Obv: IC-XC to left and right of three-quarter length figure of Christ standing facing, wearing nimbus cross, holding book of gospels and raising right hand, large star to left and right
​Rev: C - Φ / N - Δ in the four corners of a cross with a large dot at the ends of each arm, circle in center containing large star of eight rays

Your collection is completely amazing. Just spent over 45 minutes checking out your gallery. It's so beautiful and eclectic.
Thanks oggy! I spent a good time collecting coins over a period of 30 years. Unfortunately, I haven't uploaded nearly half of my other collection due to time nor did I fully attribute them yet. I am constantly adding to the collection so I hope you do come back and visit :-)

QG
Guys ! What a beautiful coins You have ghot all !!!

Congratulations ! They are indeed awesome !!!

My small addition is Algeria 1/8 Budju AH 1244

And two awesome and scarce Georgian silver coins under mongols
Geitu Khan / Demetrius II Self-Sacrifacer
One side is Christian pray on Arabic , another Mongol side with arabic title of khan

Also, yesterday bought awesome Tunisia 1/4 kharoub AH 1289 , very scarce coin just for $ 10 !!! Thats why I love Catholic Easter !  :)
Quote: "Fluke"​few I have got this month.

​1793 BERMUDA PENNY

Where did you pick up the Bermuda Penny ? That's something I need to upgrade !
Added quite a few dates to a run of Yemenite States 1/40 Riyal 1931-1960, even have a few dups for swap.
​​where did you pick up the Bermuda Penny ? That's something I need to upgrade !

I got it by serious lucky timing on eBay. I had just finished watching a movie and opened up an ebay link I use to show all coins, and the Bermuda penny had 30 seconds remaining. It was a snap decision to bid, but I knew I had to have it there and then.

It is the first one I have seen on eBay which is another thought that prompted me to get it.

Beautiful coin in a beautiful grade.
I've seen them, usually around the £200 mark in that grade very nice piece. There's so many upgrades and new coins I need for around the same prices it'll be an expensive road ahead :)
Quote: "Mark240590"​I've seen them, usually around the £200 mark in that grade very nice piece. There's so many upgrades and new coins I need for around the same prices it'll be an expensive road ahead :)
​at least with upgrades you can sell the old ones to offset the cost, but if your collection is full of coins like that Bermuda penny, l want to fly over and see it.

Quote: "Mark240590"​I've seen them, usually around the £200 mark in that grade very nice piece. There's so many upgrades and new coins I need for around the same prices it'll be an expensive road ahead :)
Yeah, not the cheapest penny I have purchased that's for sure.

Last purchases of March....got these earlier today.

1757 George II Sixpence

1787 George III Shilling
Very nice !

I got back home late yesterday to a missed parcel and a couple of others.. Here's my favourite so far I have a couple that will go on next months I guess now. I've decided to upgrade my Gibraltar Quart system coins and tokens this is a start. I have another 3 that I missed :(

Picked-up a Portugal 1757 10 Reis

and a Portuguese India 1886 Quarto de Tanga

and a Macau 1952 5 Patacas
German East Africa 1 Rupee, 1901 A, Wilhelm II
German East Africa 1 Rupee (the other Type) 1909 J, Wilhelm II

1817 JP Lima 8 Reales, Ferdinand VII

1949 Republic of China (Sinkiang Province) 1 Yuan

1871 Jersey 1/13th of a Shilling, Victoria

1894 H Guatemala 1/4 Real

1916 Panama 2 1/2 Centesimos

1882 H British N.Borneo 1 Cent.