MPCC V: Latest news

27 posts

» Quick access to the last post

I received that mail 2 hours ago. As you can see, nothing is happening as expected, but this is due to end for now. As I accepted Daniel's proposal, I'm no more an interim organizer but the full organizer.

So, I decided to cancel the D2 votes and to immediately disqualify the suspicious Algeria coin. D2 will be postponed with a new contester, as well as were already postponed C2 and H2 as a consequence for the pic lack. The remaining rounds are expected to occur normally for Wednesday as my ending date for rounds, and I'm trying to put pressure on Daniel to download all data for that day. I received a last answer 15 minutes ago... with a special message whose addressee will easily recognize himself...

z)0:) (and remembering Deadpool movie... :O)
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.
Where is the proof that the "screenshots" are real and not photoshoped fakes?
As i reveiled providing fakes seems to be a hobby of yours...:°

Furthermore its also nice that you are planing to take over mpcc. Maybe there should be a voting if all others also agree with that. I want to point out that you were not lazy providing poor excuses for missing pics and accusing honorable members of submitting real coinage calling them fakes.;(
Main Referee for Hutt-River
Looking forward to the competition having someone as motivated as your self running it. Thanks for taking on such a burden !
I think somebody else as chimp master should take over. For my point of view he has not proven reliable. I checked up his claim that he knew that the algerian coin was a fake prior to my thread. Seems so that he really was informed earlier but did not take any action because he seemed not to care and wanted to fool the community. From what i could translate i bet my ass he wouldnt have disqualified the fake or repeated the round if hamster didnt say anything
:~
I was only in interim, as waiting for Daniel's come-back or instructions. He finally resigned and let me the contest, so I finally acted as the new main organizer. That's simple.

If any other fake coin will be spotted, be sure I won't take so much time to disqualify such a suspicious coin.
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
1. Sick.
2. No internet.
3. Busy.

Running the MPCC seems to be a poisoned chalice my friends, think long and hard before signing up for a series of biblical type plagues and disasters.!

Whatever you decide to do I hope that any resentment over previous failures are not now assigned to the new organiser.

I'd fully understand if you were to decide to abort the contest and start 2016 all over again with new ideas and new rules. It's still only March. It might bring in more donors and entrants from among the (I guess) many members who decided to opt out in anticipation of problems.
Non illegitimis carborundum est.  Excellent advice for all coins.
Make Numismatics Great Again!  
In my personal opinion, the MPCC should not have a prize, I believe it is this that causes the fakes to be entered in hope of winning !
Hello everyone,
I very much apologize for not being around. Yes, I was sick, and because of the particular project I'm working on right now I can't access the internet through my computer (okay I can now but not before).
Sadly the project is not ending so I need to prioritize my coin time. Of course Phil is getting paid today BTW.
Also, I am handing over full permanent control of MPCC to chomp-master. Ben agreed to give him some sort of control as well (I never had any moderator access but I'll let them work it out between them).
Finally I'm no longer swapping and I'm giving up most of my referee posts (after taking care of all 70 modification requests of course.
Today I'll upload all the pictures and send them to chomp-master.
Yours truly,
Daniel

(Oh, and there will be free coins, "just because")
I'm very glad to see you back Daniel. I had some genuine concerns over your health and well being.

I hope that you will take things easy from this point and not overburden yourself.
Quote: "dptashny"​Hello everyone,
​I very much apologize for not being around. Yes, I was sick, and because of the particular project I'm working on right now I can't access the internet through my computer (okay I can now but not before).
​Sadly the project is not ending so I need to prioritize my coin time. Of course Phil is getting paid today BTW.
​Also, I am handing over full permanent control of MPCC to chomp-master. Ben agreed to give him some sort of control as well (I never had any moderator access but I'll let them work it out between them).
​Finally I'm no longer swapping and I'm giving up most of my referee posts (after taking care of all 70 modification requests of course.
​Today I'll upload all the pictures and send them to chomp-master.
​Yours truly,
​Daniel

​(Oh, and there will be free coins, "just because")
A shame but we all have commitments and it can get hard sometimes, it will be nice to see you back in the near future I hope :)
Thank you. It probably won't be in the near future but you can always email me and I'll answer within 24 hrs.
I reckon that those who are sending in fakes (aka stolen pics) (even if only in one category) should be banned from the competition and all their entries will be removed from further contest - even if one of their legit coins have won a category). There must be tougher rules of that.

Otherwise I reckon it sounds good that chomp is taking over. He seems eager to puch the comeptition forward and he also have the time and will. Let's do this the right way now!

Also, best of luck to dptashny with whatever's going on in the real world! :D:P
Coin referee for: AZE, FRO, GRL, US-HI, KOR, KGZ, MLI, MHL, MMR, PRK, UZB, SML, TAT, TWN, TJK
Banknote referee for: AGO, AZE, BLR, ECS, GEO, HTI, KAZ, KGZ, KOR, MNG, MRT, PMR, PRK, ROK, SWE, TJK, TKM, TUR, UZB, WSM, ZWE
There are no fakes as far as I know. But if someone were to stoop so low as to enter fake coins intentionally, they get a lifetime ban from my perspective. Of course chomp-master makes the rules now.

And thanks for the warm welcome, I thought maybe there was a mutiny while I was gone.
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic48639.html

I sent you a report about the coin (and about the usurpation all together) I finally decided to disqualify after you gave me full control of the contest. The coin was report by Ducatx (FR side) and Muenzenhamster.
If the person doesn't know the coin was fake then it would be a bit harsh to ban them from the competition.
Quote: "neilithic"​If the person doesn't know the coin was fake then it would be a bit harsh to ban them from the competition.
​true
I emailed the member who submitted the coin about the controversy. He seems like an honest member and he submitted other (real) coins. I still have my doubts though, as the coin may not be fake. It's probably just bad pictures. After all, it's a really cheap coin, I can't imagine anyone wanting to fake it.
I'm experiencing notebook issues. Next round for tomorrow.
Is there any chance to make the rounds which are still on #2 shorter ? So they can catch up with the rest as its a little confusing ha !
Quote: "dptashny"​ Of course Phil is getting paid today BTW.

Sigh.
Quote: "Mark240590"​Is there any chance to make the rounds which are still on #2 shorter ? So they can catch up with the rest as its a little confusing ha !
​To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I've no news since a few days and there are so few pics in some categories it would be already a kind of final, like in eXonumia in which I had only 4 pics. I'm starting to think a reset would finally have been a better solution, but let's wait a few.
Hm then you don't have all thr pictures. I had also send one in for the exonumia category and it didn't came up yet.
Exactly what I was worrying. I think a small pause in rounds would be required.
Or should the ones still wanting to participate send you their pictures again?
Why not both? A pause to ensure everyone sent their coins as next round should occur on Friday, maybe a too short delay to avoid forgetting anyone.
To be honest I can't even remember which coins I sent in ! I know I've Definately not seen one of my own so far :)
Quote: "chomp-master"
Quote: "Mark240590"​Is there any chance to make the rounds which are still on #2 shorter ? So they can catch up with the rest as its a little confusing ha !
​​To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I've no news since a few days and there are so few pics in some categories it would be already a kind of final, like in eXonumia in which I had only 4 pics. I'm starting to think a reset would finally have been a better solution, but let's wait a few.
​I think a re-set would be best

I'd also like to offer up the suggestion that we run 1 or 2 sections per month and people can send in coins for the following month during voting for that round.

i.e Month 1 run Asia and pacific/oceania

Week 1: put up all the coins for each section in rounds of 2 coins as now,
week 2 : all the winners face off in another knockout round
week 3: semifinals (you may need more than 2 coins to make a semifinal round)
week 4: finals
During this month people send in pictures for the next month's categories...say North and South America.

This way we get to see all the coins entered in the category by the end of week one, and by the end of the month we have a winner, it also stops the situation we have now where some categories finish well before others and we don't know how long those categories are going to drag out before they're all completed.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 16:15.