Luxembourg 1870 10 Centimes - Willem III - Without dot above "BARTH" - Workshop Utrecht [solved]

7 posts
I finally found one. I believe it has been cleaned ( I picked it up for $22.00)– but – I would like to know the grade. I say FV

Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
Just between VF and XF for me but Id give it a XF.
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
From time to time I sell some coins on Ebay make sure to follow me @apuking on Ebay.
Quote: "apuking"​Just between VF and XF for me but Id give it a XF.
Thank You apuking - Wow better than I thought - would you know the value? Would you say the coin was cleaned? Ed​
Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
Hello,

Nice coin, yes, I would also say XF-
The coin was definitively cleaned :(

The WC value is $180 and the Prifix-value is 160 € (for XF)
But 40-50 € is more realistic.

The "E" from DUCHE is strange ?!

Sam
Referee for Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany 1871-1948, Prussia,  Brandenburg, Nassau
I agree with those above on grade GVF-XF

The coin from the images has a silk type shine, that indicates being polished. Not vigorously scrubbed or cleaned with baking soda etc. but still cleaned.

Either way, still a lovely coin that will reacquire a new patina/toning in time.
Restoration addict : Verdigris Removal : Zinc White spot removal : Iron Rust Removal : Silver brooch/necklace mount Removal
Quote: "smy77"​Hello,

​Nice coin, yes, I would also say XF-
​The coin was definitively cleaned :(

​The WC value is $180 and the Prifix-value is 160 € (for XF)
​But 40-50 € is more realistic.

​The "E" from DUCHE is strange ?!

​Sam
Yes you are right -the E is strange. I also noticed die cracks an a extra piece if metal on the leaves.

- Henry Ford
Globetrotter
Coin varieties in French:
https://monnaiesetvarietes.numista.com

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 09:25.