Menu

Signature on USA 1 cent 1944

Frenchlover
Any idea where's the signature on this “shell case” wheat penny ?

Might be just a Numista file error :D
Numista referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
Roublizer
It's hard to see but its in the lower left corner of Lincoln's bust, near the edge.
Buying gold and electrum coins 700bc-1950ad
Muenzenhamster is a healthy part of our community and should not be censored
Frenchlover
B.
Numista referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
edduns
Quote: "Frenchlover"B.
Some are hard to see - BUT - they are there. Ed

Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
ALLRED1950
Hey Frenchlover my friend they are very hard to find and a thing that go away with ware. Take the cent and look at it around 30 degrees and look at shoulder.

good luck
edit that is from a 1950 cent I had on my desk. I have hundreds of these things. Still get 1 to 5 a month in change
AT THIS TIME IAM NO LONGER SWAPPING. I need too put things in order. And take some time off. Thank you yours daryl
ALLRED1950
I was looking more at the 1950 cent a got in changes this week. And the ty in liberty looks lower then the rest of the word

Here you can see the ty looks different

Ed should I put aside for you?
AT THIS TIME IAM NO LONGER SWAPPING. I need too put things in order. And take some time off. Thank you yours daryl
edduns
Quote: "ALLRED1950"​I was looking more at the 1950 cent a got in changes this week. And the ty in liberty looks lower then the rest of the word

​ Here you can see the ty looks different

​ Ed should I put aside for you?
Daryl: You have the eyes of an eagle ​- sure I want it. Ed

Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
ALLRED1950
Hey Ed it is in your envelope, as usual Post pic for Ole. I think that is glue on the back. No to bad for getting in changes. A 66 year old coin still red.
ALLRED1950
Sorry Frenchlover we got off topic
Frenchlover
Even though I don't collect by dates, there are many variations for this word champion mintage wheat penny :8D
Now the 1944-1946 “shell case” variety is in my collection 8)
ALLRED1950
Hey Frenchlover do you have the 1943 war cents . If not let me know I have extra's
Topic locked (Numista Robot, 23-Jan-2019, 11:58PM)

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 10:29PM.