Search coins by Personal Comment data

1 post
Dear all Numista members and administrators!

I would suggest that along with the search engine using coin main data, it would be nice to have a personal search option to search by Personal Comment data that is specified not by the person who added or modified the coin but by others that uses parameters to shape their numismatic collections.

In this way each member could easily search and gather up in a list self-specified groups of coins!

An example
Recently I have started to collect coins that represent battle tanks with its design. The info about the tank being on a coin might not be a part of main coin data and keywords (due to the fact It might not be so important). So far in Numista Search facility, in this case I am not able to find and gather coin list of all coins representing the tanks. Presently, I am checking all coins from Numista Catalog - if there is a coin with a tank on it, I write it down in the Personal Comment section. In this way I am making my own specific database, which so far I can not visualize/ gather up via Search facility.

Practical Importance
By using option of "Search coins by Personal Comment data" we would be able to make our own sub-search coin-lists where the parameters of searching is established by us in Personal Comment cell for each coin. You now how important it is to see the specific list of coins!!!!

Not open-search but closed-search for personal use only
I must add that this would account only in each members search separately. It means that other members could not and should not use the data of my info in Personal Comment cells. This counts only for personal search and specific gathering/listing of coins in Numista Catalog!

In my opinion, this would greatly improve the search engine of Numista. Many members through this option would be able to finish heir searches how they want. This would give you more free space when working with personal collections with more specific parameters that determines your collections.

If you also use Search options in Numista frequently and if you also find this idea useful, please support the idea until it becomes reality!

Best regards,

Ugis

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 15:29.