Menu

300 Countries club - the 2017 blog

222 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Lets see the list of unusual countries.:)
No member of the "300 countries club" gets coins from countries in black(;0
Then in decreasing order of difficulty, colors switch down to the purple haze.
Only one member doesn't own a purple country, so, they are easier to catch:wiz:

Update 2017 January the first.
413 countries : 6 with no collector, 159 with at least one collector

and 248 countries in common

One new member in the club. Now 24 members.
From 24th October 2016 to 1st January 2017:

312 -> 311 - 007mat (France)
343->346 - addrr (France)
318 - Al Louarn (Brittany)
314 -> 316 - alamir (Germany)
327 - auctionking65 (USA)
314 -> 316 - billymac11 (USA)
312 - Chasinva69 (USA)
387 - Erdvilla (Mexico)
369 -> 392 - eug (USA)
338 ->339 - Frenchlover (France)
361 - geraltttt82 (Poland)
322 - jadejackal (USA)
315 -> 321 - jelle (The Netherlands)
335 - loran34 (France)
323 -> 326 - mic-w-nl (The Netherlands)
305 -> 309 - muzz0000 (New Zealand)
310 -> 311 - Myeackle (USA)
359 -> 363 - NIGLO (France)
331 -> 333 - Numismaticroy (UK)
336 - Pott (USA)
329 - Redgie (Canada)
330 -> 331 - SRV5490 (USA)
320 -> 324 - sujit_kumar (USA)
338 -> 336 - Yorkie (UK)
Dispone domui tuae, quia morieris tu, et non vives.
Referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
For two months we have got these new countries:

Abkhazia (the return)
Burgundian Netherlands
China ancient
Duchy of Courland
Indo-Parthian Kingdom
Indo-Sasanian Kingdom
We get now 413 countries

Congratulations :8D to three members who have catched these following countries that are not black anymore:

Belgium – Feudal (NIGLO)
Burgundian Netherlands (eug)
Celtic Britain (eug)
Iles de France et Bonaparte (NIGLO)
Moravia (Redgie)

We changed leader and we get two members who succeed the feat of being the only owners of a country (brown country) and still miss a blue country :°

These following countries have been renamed:
India-Republic → India
Indian states → Indian states and kingdoms (jeopardizing a part of india-ancient)
East Timor → Timor Leste
Duplicate countries as Burma, Bourbon Island , Great Britain, Svalbard, Tanganyika have been suppressed.
And "Spanish States" is now limited to coins before the end of the XVth century.
Referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
Thanks for all the updates. Hopefully one day I will get there. At 256 right now, hoping to add a few more new countries with trades going on right now.
I was wondering, how many Numista users are not listed as members of the "300 countries club" but still have coins from over 300 countries? Is there a way to gather those statistics from the site?
Hi all,
actually 349 countries in my Numista collection.
Could I join your club ?
And here you have one. :°
Catalogue administrator, You can support my dream of becoming full time worker on Numista through Patreon if you wish: https://www.patreon.com/Jarcek
Quote: "asimov37"​Hi all,
​actually 349 countries in my Numista collection.
​Could I join your club ?​
​220 swaps, more than 20,000 coins :8D
No, you're not allowed to join the club, you exceed all quota limits :P
I am kidding of course :D

Did you find this incredible amount of coins in one of the many castles that surround you and which allowed the "Val de Loire" to be inscribed on the List of World Heritage of UNESCO ?

So welcome on board, beware the luggage weight limit ...
Congratulations to the new members. Welcome aboard.:)
A black country caught by a member of the club :8D

A Dutch, of course :D
The Netherland's West Indies is going to be a tough one for me to get. Congratulations to whichever member got it.
Getting closer and closer... 19 countries missing.
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.
I added a new one thanks to a great swap.

Biafra #312

Matt
It was not in my plans to collect countries but it's getting really hard and expensive to complete Paraguay (missing almost all gold coins and the Saez 4 centesimos) so this is getting fun.
Now 279 and around 11 in the way.
i'm missing some real easy countries (Irak, Aruba,Kuwait)
Sorry no Swaps. Paraguay Post Office is to risky and they don't allow to send coins nor notes
I am not sure why North Korea is in the purple category. More than 23 members have coins from this country.
Quote: "chomp-master"​Getting closer and closer... 19 countries missing.
​Hey, let see your collection 8)

You are not the kind of guy to let you tempt by the jewels of countries with currencies that do not circulate. Some call them "token countries" like Hutt River, Marshall Islands etc ... but ... some days ... it will come ...
You have very difficult countries like: Hispania ancient, Cicilian Armenia, Carthage etc ...

And there are just a few omissions that will give you easy access to the 300's club :D
See this following list with comments :

Central African Republic
You'd rather look for "Centrafrique", it's half the price, as for each French speaking country
Comoro Islands
See comment above
Dutch Republic
Equatorial Guinea
India - Dutch
The best solution is to get a "French India catch" from Pondichery when it was Under Dutch domination
India - Mughal Empire
India - Portuguese
Indian states and kingdoms
Kyrgyzstan
Are you aware that USSR is not existing anymore ? :D
Malay peninsula
The costless coins are the "Tin Pitis" from the "Palembang Sultanate". Well ... it's rather the Malay Archipelago than Malay Peninsulate, but who cares ?
Mali
Martinique
Nagorno-Karabakh
Hey! It's not a token country ! Getting a coin from them is a commitment of political support ! :D
Ruanda-Burundi
South Arabia
Spain - Civil War
Spanish Netherlands
Tajikistan
See previous comment
Transnistria
Well ... when you discuss with Kundik, a member of Numista, you understand that it's a country, with circulating coins. And this country will last a while ...
Uzbekistan
See comment above
Yemen - People's Democratic Republic
Isn't it nice to get this envelop in his collection ?
Yemenite states

See you soon in the club :8D
Quote: "JRo69"​I am not sure why North Korea is in the purple category. More than 23 members have coins from this country.
​Only one member of the club is missing North Korea. Surely an oversight, or ... he waits to get a coin that really circulated in North Korea and it's more difficult to get than the bunch of coins which never circulated that are on sale from this country.
North Korea is a dictator run slave labor country. Phooey!
I looked at the black list, none of those interest me.
Some of the other countries that promote and send terrorists around the world also do not interest me.
Other countries that do not let women have equal rights do not interest me.
Good luck selling those coins.
I've an issue with the French post making me getting slower than before. I don't want to see my packages stolen.

I'm absolutely not fan of micronations. And even for other "token countries" which are not micronations, they're more expensive than what I try to take: cheap modern countries or territories.

Cilician Armenia was a lucky find on eBay. Carthage and Hispania are part of my passion for Antique countries, but others I don't have yet are mostly expensive.

For remaining countries: either I don't find them or they're overrated on eBay when tracking them.

PS: you're speaking to the fool who wanted and finally succeeded to restore Abkhazia, another politically-oriented country/territory, thanks to the new system we finally implemented :P
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
andysia and chom-pmaster, you are both very close. I would expect to see you both in the club very soon.
Quote: "Frenchlover"
Quote: "JRo69"​I am not sure why North Korea is in the purple category. More than 23 members have coins from this country.
​​Only one member of the club is missing North Korea. Surely an oversight, or ... he waits to get a coin that really circulated in North Korea and it's more difficult to get than the bunch of coins which never circulated that are on sale from this country.
​I am sorry. I misunderstood. These are stats for members of the 300 Club, not overall Numista membership.
I have several nations in the lists, but not 300 nations total. Someday soon I hope to a member of this club. Thanks for the clarification.
I have made it to 315 with 3 more in transit. I would like to be member of the 300!

Chuck
Welcome to the club Chuck!

Matt
Congratulations, Chuck. Welcome aboard!
Country #333, Spanish States (Castile Leon)
Hi, how opens the door to your exklusive club? My list give me 315 countries including two "black countries"...
Greetings, hering
That means you are in. Congratulations!
Catalogue administrator, You can support my dream of becoming full time worker on Numista through Patreon if you wish: https://www.patreon.com/Jarcek
Quote: "Jarcek"​That means you are in. Congratulations!
​Yippiieh!
Hering congratulations. welcome to the club. What "black countries" do you have?

I also recently added the "black country" Etruria and am waiting for validation of my coin from Aksum.
Quote: "eug"​Hering congratulations. welcome to the club. What "black countries" do you have?

​I also recently added the "black country" Etruria and am waiting for validation of my coin from Aksum.
​Thanks! Oh, I saw that Dafur coins are only fantasy issues. But I own Abkhazia coins silver 10 Psark and expecting the new serie of 1 Psark coins (although it's discussed also as fantasy issues, they have the same position as Transnistria)
Darfur Sultanate had genuine coins before British occupation. :°
Quote: "Jarcek"​Darfur Sultanate had genuine coins before British occupation. :°
​yes, I saw. But don't have...
I have not found a Darfur coin before the British occupation for sale anywhere.
I have not bought a coin from Abkhazia because I believe that it will not be a "country" after the Numista reorganization.

Sealand brings me up to #313
Country #334 England
Country #335 Nabataean Kingdom
#314 Liechtenstein

#315 Saint Kitts and Nevis
DONE IT!!!
#300 Martinique
#301 Hawaii

a few more in the way!! (some easy ones like Kuwait and Macedonia)
Sorry no Swaps. Paraguay Post Office is to risky and they don't allow to send coins nor notes
Let me be the first to congratulate you and welcome to the club.8)
Four new members in a row :8D
Chuck, with 315 countries, from Alabama, showing the way to the next whisky bar ...
Hering with 315 countries from Hamburg, the city of the water woman
batz, a swiss with 331 countries, who seems to have more than one blade to his knife
And now the gaucho andysla, as impetuous as Iguazu falls, our first member of South America !

Congratulations to all, it will do me some work to update the statistics :D
Quote: "Frenchlover"​Four new members in a row :8D
Chuck, with 315 countries, from Alabama, showing the way to the next whisky bar ...
Hering with 315 countries from Hamburg, the city of the water woman
batz, a swiss with 331 countries, who seems to have more than one blade to his knife
​And now the gaucho andysla, as impetuous as Iguazu falls, our first member of South America !

​Congratulations to all, it will do me some work to update the statistics :D
​THANKS!!!
it was not in my plans to collect countries but it's getting hard and to expensive to complete all the Paraguay Coins and this is really fun
B)
#316 Hawaii
#317 Puerto Rico
The highly expensive "Netherlands West Indies" has been definitively incorporated and there is a new country that points the tip of its nose : "Yugoslavia - Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovènes" and what about bosnians ?
The 2nd Yugoslav country was unauthorized and moved to Yugoslavia.
Quote: "Frenchlover"​The highly expensive "Netherlands West Indies" has been definitively incorporated and there is a new country that points the tip of its nose : "Yugoslavia - Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovènes" and what about bosnians ?
​I noticed that only one coin is listed for the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes in the Numista catalog. Should all the coins dated 1920 & 1925 be listed here. That would be KM#1 - KM#7.
If you really want it to be restored, feel free to ask for a request on the catalog forum.
Yugoslavia - Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovènes was a mistake of the referee - there is ongoing currency reorganization within Yugoslavia.
chomp-master, when do you think you will validate my Aksum coin so that we can eliminate another "black" country before frenchlover updates the club statistics?
Even unvalidated, your coin is watchable on your coin list.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
I think that even unvalidated, your country will appear as yours on your own listings, and Frenchlover should see it as well.
Since this is the only coin I have from Aksum, I can not enter it in the catalog because it is not in the catalog yet, so it will not show that I have any coins from Aksum.
#316 French Guiana

Matt
#302 Vanuatu
Quote: "eug"​I have not bought a coin from Abkhazia because I believe that it will not be a "country" after the Numista reorganization.
​You really let this site's highly inconsistent definition of a country dictate to you whether you'll buy something?
We aim to make it more consistent... But it takes time and quite a work for Xavier as chief and only programmer.
Hi all,
today, I've reached the 350 countries milestone !

# 350 Scotland
2 coins in one go:
https://fr.numista.com/catalogue/pieces95247.html
https://fr.numista.com/catalogue/pieces24534.html

Next step: 355 countries !
tovarich, yes it's the same reason I don't buy something fro Atlantium or Cabinda.
But cabinda like the new "coins" from Greenland,Galapagos,Keeling and Cocos, Katanga and many more are fantasy issues.
Abkhazia, transinistia you may have and argue
You are right. I was being a little facetious. I have coins from some questionable countries which I acquired in the past such as Hutt River but have chosen not to buy from others in the future such as Abhazia, Sealand, Seborga, etc.
#317 Spain- Civil War

Matt
#336 Hungarian States (Slavonia)
Nice going to all the members adding to their counts lately. Chomp-master has just validated my Aksum coin so I am up to 395.
Quote: "Frenchlover"
Quote: "chomp-master"​Getting closer and closer... 19 countries missing.
Hey, let see your collection 8)

You are not the kind of guy to let you tempt by the jewels of countries with currencies that do not circulate. Some call them "token countries" like Hutt River, Marshall Islands etc ... but ... some days ... it will come ...
You have very difficult countries like: Hispania ancient, Cicilian Armenia, Carthage etc ...

And there are just a few omissions that will give you easy access to the 300's club :D
See this following list with comments :

Central African Republic
You'd rather look for "Centrafrique", it's half the price, as for each French speaking country
Comoro Islands
See comment above
Dutch Republic
Equatorial Guinea
India - Dutch
The best solution is to get a "French India catch" from Pondichery when it was Under Dutch domination
India - Mughal Empire
India - Portuguese
Indian states and kingdoms
Kyrgyzstan
Are you aware that USSR is not existing anymore ? :D
Malay peninsula
The costless coins are the "Tin Pitis" from the "Palembang Sultanate". Well ... it's rather the Malay Archipelago than Malay Peninsulate, but who cares ?
Mali
Martinique
Nagorno-Karabakh
Hey! It's not a token country ! Getting a coin from them is a commitment of political support ! :D
Ruanda-Burundi
South Arabia
Spain - Civil War
Spanish Netherlands
Tajikistan
See previous comment
Transnistria
Well ... when you discuss with Kundik, a member of Numista, you understand that it's a country, with circulating coins. And this country will last a while ...
Uzbekistan
See comment above
Yemen - People's Democratic Republic
Isn't it nice to get this envelop in his collection ?
Yemenite states

See you soon in the club :8D

You forgot 2 easy ones: Zaire and China - ancient. Both arrived yesterday (China is still waiting for me as the ring didn't work and this one arrived by signed letter).
So, my count says 18 countries missing, and will say 17 in a few hours.
I think you missed some members:
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=49251
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=27789
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=5438
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=16059
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=21497
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=51306
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=9871
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=21604 :)
China addition will take a few more time as encountering an issue with Western Han coinage. I'll try to work on asap, but we can consider me at 283.
Quote: "Nicola"​I think you missed some members:
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=49251
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=27789
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=5438
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=16059
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=21497
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=51306
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=9871
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=21604 :)
​Membership of the club is on request. And the yearly fee must have been paid !
I recieve almost all the easy countries i didn't have
Kuwait
Macedonia
Cape Verde
Togo
Mali
Timor
Qatar
Guinea (portuguese)

And 3 not so easy
Pitcairn
Palau
North Borneo
#395 Etruria "black country"
#396 Aksum "black country"
#397 BES Islands
#398 American Samoa
The man in black :°
#318 India-Ancient

#319 Mongol Empire

#320 Tatarstan

#321 Some New Country In My Count

Matt
The man in black would be the late country singer Johnny Cash. 8)

By the way, is the yearly fee for the club for 2017 the same as it was for 2016?:D
Quote: "eug"​By the way, is the yearly fee for the club for 2017 the same as it was for 2016?:D

​Unfortunately I fear that inflation and the tense geopolitical situation will lead to a significant fees increase :snif:
#337 Mongol Empire
#317 French Cochinchina
#338 Judea
#339 Numidia
#351 Livonia
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces53989.html
#318 British East Indies
#340 Venezuelan Provinces
#399 Moravia
#320 Mombasa (piece)
#321 st Kitts and Nevis

#322 Jerusalem cruade state
Well there's a kick in the gonads!!!

Changed my 300 Country Club to include only pre-1961 (where applicable) and went from 190 countries down to 89 countries.

I've only been at this less than 2 years and I love a challenge.

I'll catch you folks yet:love:
We were so busy deciding whether we could, we never asked ourselves whether we should!
# 400 Belgium - Feudal

I believe that I am the first member of the 400 country club. :8D

I sure hope that Frenchlover does not increase my yearly fees.8)
Any members of the club achieve the 300 countries goal without any non-circulating legal tender coins or those from the so-called "micronations". Probably not as challenging as Peter M. Graham's goal of 300 countries with only pre-1961 issues.
I will have to look through my collection to see how many countries I have not counting non-circulating coins. Will also see how many not counting newer than 1961. Could take some time but should be interesting.

The only "micronation" I have is Hutt River".
I just checked and I only have 4 NCLT's but only two count towards my country total of 340. They are Western Sahara and Tristan da Cunha. I don't plan on acquiring anymore NCLT's and I do not own or plan to own any coins from micronations.
It finally happened - I am here )))
Congratulations. Let me be the first to welcome you to the club.
It's still March 1st here on the East Coast, so Happy birthday, Gene!
I have 42 NCLT coins in my country count. That means that I have 358 countries not counting NCLT. As soon as chompmaster approves my coin from Mauretania (ancient), I will have 359.

I do not have Micronations, Lundy, Sealand, and Seborga, and do not plan on getting them. I also do not plan on getting Abkhazia.
A nice Puffin in your collection ? ;)
New countries should appear today or over weekend:

Tortola
Tobago
Trinidad
St. Kitts
Nevis
Saint Bartholomew
St. Eustatius

More info here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic57820.html#p475975
Not exactly what we name "bargain" countries :D
In the current list of countries, there are 13 that I do not have .Here is my list and comments.

Probably never going to get one (7)

Gold Coast $1500 +
Iles de France et Bonaparte $1800 +
Mesopotamia (ancient) $$$ and hard to find
Russian Caucasia $1200 +
Egypt (ancient) $$$ and hard to find
Livonia and Estonia $400 +
Darfur Have never seen one for sale

Need to find the right deal (2)

Senegal
Netherlands West Indies

Not interested in getting (4)
Probably not countries but coin issuing entities

Abkhazia
Lundy
Sealand
Seborga

As soon as the countries from Jarcek's list are added I will have something else to chase. I hope they are not all pricey like Frenchlover's examples from Tobago.

edit: It looks like they will all be expensive and hard to find.
It goes slowly, as system needs some time to respond to changes - which means I cannot react if I am doing something wrong. But British Virgin Islands already have a section, which means Tortola should show up there too soon.
Trinidad, Tobago, St Kitts and Nevis are up and running. It will take some time to move all coins though.
Sad but unable to add a #284 as the coin to be stolen on its way :snif:

The coin was an English silver penny.

PS: I'll have a better visibility on my current request list as promoting highly-requesting country referees like Ancient Rome, Roman Provinces, Gaul and Byzantium Empire (in French for all of them and also English for Rome).
St. Eustatius is there already. Was not working, I fixed it now, so it should refresh in some time. St. Bartholomew will come online also today. <:D
Hello fellow coin collectors. I am happy to say that a few days ago I reached a milestone of 322 countries. My collection is less than 20 years in the making however dates from 100 B.C. lol.... Would be honored to enjoy your club.
KYakov
20 years gathering coins :8D
I understand why your Library is so wide :D

Welcome to the club !
Hong Kong coin collector reporting in :°

I just collect circulation coins only so reaching 300 countries could be little bit more difficult but finally reached 301 countries (after deducting 1 country being verified in new coin posting; and 1 country got tokens only).

Still two more countries in transit, Lorraine and Mexico-Revolution.

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 05:05PM.