Menu

300 Countries club - the 2017 blog

222 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Lets see the list of unusual countries.:)
No member of the "300 countries club" gets coins from countries in black(;0
Then in decreasing order of difficulty, colors switch down to the purple haze.
Only one member doesn't own a purple country, so, they are easier to catch:wiz:

Update 2017 January the first.
413 countries : 6 with no collector, 159 with at least one collector

and 248 countries in common

One new member in the club. Now 24 members.
From 24th October 2016 to 1st January 2017:

312 -> 311 - 007mat (France)
343->346 - addrr (France)
318 - Al Louarn (Brittany)
314 -> 316 - alamir (Germany)
327 - auctionking65 (USA)
314 -> 316 - billymac11 (USA)
312 - Chasinva69 (USA)
387 - Erdvilla (Mexico)
369 -> 392 - eug (USA)
338 ->339 - Frenchlover (France)
361 - geraltttt82 (Poland)
322 - jadejackal (USA)
315 -> 321 - jelle (The Netherlands)
335 - loran34 (France)
323 -> 326 - mic-w-nl (The Netherlands)
305 -> 309 - muzz0000 (New Zealand)
310 -> 311 - Myeackle (USA)
359 -> 363 - NIGLO (France)
331 -> 333 - Numismaticroy (UK)
336 - Pott (USA)
329 - Redgie (Canada)
330 -> 331 - SRV5490 (USA)
320 -> 324 - sujit_kumar (USA)
338 -> 336 - Yorkie (UK)
Dispone domui tuae, quia morieris tu, et non vives.
Referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
For two months we have got these new countries:

Abkhazia (the return)
Burgundian Netherlands
China ancient
Duchy of Courland
Indo-Parthian Kingdom
Indo-Sasanian Kingdom
We get now 413 countries

Congratulations :8D to three members who have catched these following countries that are not black anymore:

Belgium – Feudal (NIGLO)
Burgundian Netherlands (eug)
Celtic Britain (eug)
Iles de France et Bonaparte (NIGLO)
Moravia (Redgie)

We changed leader and we get two members who succeed the feat of being the only owners of a country (brown country) and still miss a blue country :°

These following countries have been renamed:
India-Republic → India
Indian states → Indian states and kingdoms (jeopardizing a part of india-ancient)
East Timor → Timor Leste
Duplicate countries as Burma, Bourbon Island , Great Britain, Svalbard, Tanganyika have been suppressed.
And "Spanish States" is now limited to coins before the end of the XVth century.
Referee for Ascension Island, Falkland Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Helena & Ascension, South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha
Thanks for all the updates. Hopefully one day I will get there. At 256 right now, hoping to add a few more new countries with trades going on right now.
I was wondering, how many Numista users are not listed as members of the "300 countries club" but still have coins from over 300 countries? Is there a way to gather those statistics from the site?
Hi all,
actually 349 countries in my Numista collection.
Could I join your club ?
And here you have one. :°
Catalogue administrator, You can support my dream of becoming full time worker on Numista through Patreon if you wish: https://www.patreon.com/Jarcek
Quote: "asimov37"​Hi all,
​actually 349 countries in my Numista collection.
​Could I join your club ?​
​220 swaps, more than 20,000 coins :8D
No, you're not allowed to join the club, you exceed all quota limits :P
I am kidding of course :D

Did you find this incredible amount of coins in one of the many castles that surround you and which allowed the "Val de Loire" to be inscribed on the List of World Heritage of UNESCO ?

So welcome on board, beware the luggage weight limit ...
Congratulations to the new members. Welcome aboard.:)
A black country caught by a member of the club :8D

A Dutch, of course :D
The Netherland's West Indies is going to be a tough one for me to get. Congratulations to whichever member got it.
Getting closer and closer... 19 countries missing.
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
Catalogue administrator, numerous Antique nations and Lorraine referee.
I added a new one thanks to a great swap.

Biafra #312

Matt
It was not in my plans to collect countries but it's getting really hard and expensive to complete Paraguay (missing almost all gold coins and the Saez 4 centesimos) so this is getting fun.
Now 279 and around 11 in the way.
i'm missing some real easy countries (Irak, Aruba,Kuwait)
Sorry no Swaps. Paraguay Post Office is to risky and they don't allow to send coins nor notes
I am not sure why North Korea is in the purple category. More than 23 members have coins from this country.
Quote: "chomp-master"​Getting closer and closer... 19 countries missing.
​Hey, let see your collection 8)

You are not the kind of guy to let you tempt by the jewels of countries with currencies that do not circulate. Some call them "token countries" like Hutt River, Marshall Islands etc ... but ... some days ... it will come ...
You have very difficult countries like: Hispania ancient, Cicilian Armenia, Carthage etc ...

And there are just a few omissions that will give you easy access to the 300's club :D
See this following list with comments :

Central African Republic
You'd rather look for "Centrafrique", it's half the price, as for each French speaking country
Comoro Islands
See comment above
Dutch Republic
Equatorial Guinea
India - Dutch
The best solution is to get a "French India catch" from Pondichery when it was Under Dutch domination
India - Mughal Empire
India - Portuguese
Indian states and kingdoms
Kyrgyzstan
Are you aware that USSR is not existing anymore ? :D
Malay peninsula
The costless coins are the "Tin Pitis" from the "Palembang Sultanate". Well ... it's rather the Malay Archipelago than Malay Peninsulate, but who cares ?
Mali
Martinique
Nagorno-Karabakh
Hey! It's not a token country ! Getting a coin from them is a commitment of political support ! :D
Ruanda-Burundi
South Arabia
Spain - Civil War
Spanish Netherlands
Tajikistan
See previous comment
Transnistria
Well ... when you discuss with Kundik, a member of Numista, you understand that it's a country, with circulating coins. And this country will last a while ...
Uzbekistan
See comment above
Yemen - People's Democratic Republic
Isn't it nice to get this envelop in his collection ?
Yemenite states

See you soon in the club :8D
Quote: "JRo69"​I am not sure why North Korea is in the purple category. More than 23 members have coins from this country.
​Only one member of the club is missing North Korea. Surely an oversight, or ... he waits to get a coin that really circulated in North Korea and it's more difficult to get than the bunch of coins which never circulated that are on sale from this country.
North Korea is a dictator run slave labor country. Phooey!
I looked at the black list, none of those interest me.
Some of the other countries that promote and send terrorists around the world also do not interest me.
Other countries that do not let women have equal rights do not interest me.
Good luck selling those coins.
I've an issue with the French post making me getting slower than before. I don't want to see my packages stolen.

I'm absolutely not fan of micronations. And even for other "token countries" which are not micronations, they're more expensive than what I try to take: cheap modern countries or territories.

Cilician Armenia was a lucky find on eBay. Carthage and Hispania are part of my passion for Antique countries, but others I don't have yet are mostly expensive.

For remaining countries: either I don't find them or they're overrated on eBay when tracking them.

PS: you're speaking to the fool who wanted and finally succeeded to restore Abkhazia, another politically-oriented country/territory, thanks to the new system we finally implemented :P
Administrateur du catalogue, référent de nombreuses nations antiques et de la Lorraine.
andysia and chom-pmaster, you are both very close. I would expect to see you both in the club very soon.
Quote: "Frenchlover"
Quote: "JRo69"​I am not sure why North Korea is in the purple category. More than 23 members have coins from this country.
​​Only one member of the club is missing North Korea. Surely an oversight, or ... he waits to get a coin that really circulated in North Korea and it's more difficult to get than the bunch of coins which never circulated that are on sale from this country.
​I am sorry. I misunderstood. These are stats for members of the 300 Club, not overall Numista membership.
I have several nations in the lists, but not 300 nations total. Someday soon I hope to a member of this club. Thanks for the clarification.
I have made it to 315 with 3 more in transit. I would like to be member of the 300!

Chuck
Welcome to the club Chuck!

Matt
Congratulations, Chuck. Welcome aboard!
Country #333, Spanish States (Castile Leon)
Hi, how opens the door to your exklusive club? My list give me 315 countries including two "black countries"...
Greetings, hering
That means you are in. Congratulations!
Catalogue administrator, You can support my dream of becoming full time worker on Numista through Patreon if you wish: https://www.patreon.com/Jarcek
Quote: "Jarcek"​That means you are in. Congratulations!
​Yippiieh!
Hering congratulations. welcome to the club. What "black countries" do you have?

I also recently added the "black country" Etruria and am waiting for validation of my coin from Aksum.
Quote: "eug"​Hering congratulations. welcome to the club. What "black countries" do you have?

​I also recently added the "black country" Etruria and am waiting for validation of my coin from Aksum.
​Thanks! Oh, I saw that Dafur coins are only fantasy issues. But I own Abkhazia coins silver 10 Psark and expecting the new serie of 1 Psark coins (although it's discussed also as fantasy issues, they have the same position as Transnistria)
Darfur Sultanate had genuine coins before British occupation. :°
Quote: "Jarcek"​Darfur Sultanate had genuine coins before British occupation. :°
​yes, I saw. But don't have...
I have not found a Darfur coin before the British occupation for sale anywhere.
I have not bought a coin from Abkhazia because I believe that it will not be a "country" after the Numista reorganization.

Sealand brings me up to #313
Country #334 England
Country #335 Nabataean Kingdom
#314 Liechtenstein

#315 Saint Kitts and Nevis
DONE IT!!!
#300 Martinique
#301 Hawaii

a few more in the way!! (some easy ones like Kuwait and Macedonia)
Sorry no Swaps. Paraguay Post Office is to risky and they don't allow to send coins nor notes
Let me be the first to congratulate you and welcome to the club.8)
Four new members in a row :8D
Chuck, with 315 countries, from Alabama, showing the way to the next whisky bar ...
Hering with 315 countries from Hamburg, the city of the water woman
batz, a swiss with 331 countries, who seems to have more than one blade to his knife
And now the gaucho andysla, as impetuous as Iguazu falls, our first member of South America !

Congratulations to all, it will do me some work to update the statistics :D
Quote: "Frenchlover"​Four new members in a row :8D
Chuck, with 315 countries, from Alabama, showing the way to the next whisky bar ...
Hering with 315 countries from Hamburg, the city of the water woman
batz, a swiss with 331 countries, who seems to have more than one blade to his knife
​And now the gaucho andysla, as impetuous as Iguazu falls, our first member of South America !

​Congratulations to all, it will do me some work to update the statistics :D
​THANKS!!!
it was not in my plans to collect countries but it's getting hard and to expensive to complete all the Paraguay Coins and this is really fun
B)
#316 Hawaii
#317 Puerto Rico
The highly expensive "Netherlands West Indies" has been definitively incorporated and there is a new country that points the tip of its nose : "Yugoslavia - Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovènes" and what about bosnians ?
The 2nd Yugoslav country was unauthorized and moved to Yugoslavia.
Quote: "Frenchlover"​The highly expensive "Netherlands West Indies" has been definitively incorporated and there is a new country that points the tip of its nose : "Yugoslavia - Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovènes" and what about bosnians ?
​I noticed that only one coin is listed for the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes in the Numista catalog. Should all the coins dated 1920 & 1925 be listed here. That would be KM#1 - KM#7.
If you really want it to be restored, feel free to ask for a request on the catalog forum.
Yugoslavia - Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovènes was a mistake of the referee - there is ongoing currency reorganization within Yugoslavia.
chomp-master, when do you think you will validate my Aksum coin so that we can eliminate another "black" country before frenchlover updates the club statistics?
Even unvalidated, your coin is watchable on your coin list.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
I think that even unvalidated, your country will appear as yours on your own listings, and Frenchlover should see it as well.
Since this is the only coin I have from Aksum, I can not enter it in the catalog because it is not in the catalog yet, so it will not show that I have any coins from Aksum.
#316 French Guiana

Matt
#302 Vanuatu
Quote: "eug"​I have not bought a coin from Abkhazia because I believe that it will not be a "country" after the Numista reorganization.
​You really let this site's highly inconsistent definition of a country dictate to you whether you'll buy something?
We aim to make it more consistent... But it takes time and quite a work for Xavier as chief and only programmer.
Hi all,
today, I've reached the 350 countries milestone !

# 350 Scotland
2 coins in one go:
https://fr.numista.com/catalogue/pieces95247.html
https://fr.numista.com/catalogue/pieces24534.html

Next step: 355 countries !
tovarich, yes it's the same reason I don't buy something fro Atlantium or Cabinda.
But cabinda like the new "coins" from Greenland,Galapagos,Keeling and Cocos, Katanga and many more are fantasy issues.
Abkhazia, transinistia you may have and argue
You are right. I was being a little facetious. I have coins from some questionable countries which I acquired in the past such as Hutt River but have chosen not to buy from others in the future such as Abhazia, Sealand, Seborga, etc.
#317 Spain- Civil War

Matt
#336 Hungarian States (Slavonia)
Nice going to all the members adding to their counts lately. Chomp-master has just validated my Aksum coin so I am up to 395.
Quote: "chomp-master"​Getting closer and closer... 19 countries missing.
Hey, let see your collection 8)

You are not the kind of guy to let you tempt by the jewels of countries with currencies that do not circulate. Some call them "token countries" like Hutt River, Marshall Islands etc ... but ... some days ... it will come ...
You have very difficult countries like: Hispania ancient, Cicilian Armenia, Carthage etc ...

And there are just a few omissions that will give you easy access to the 300's club :D
See this following list with comments :

Central African Republic
You'd rather look for "Centrafrique", it's half the price, as for each French speaking country
Comoro Islands
See comment above
Dutch Republic
Equatorial Guinea
India - Dutch
The best solution is to get a "French India catch" from Pondichery when it was Under Dutch domination
India - Mughal Empire
India - Portuguese
Indian states and kingdoms
Kyrgyzstan
Are you aware that USSR is not existing anymore ? :D
Malay peninsula
The costless coins are the "Tin Pitis" from the "Palembang Sultanate". Well ... it's rather the Malay Archipelago than Malay Peninsulate, but who cares ?
Mali
Martinique
Nagorno-Karabakh
Hey! It's not a token country ! Getting a coin from them is a commitment of political support ! :D
Ruanda-Burundi
South Arabia
Spain - Civil War
Spanish Netherlands
Tajikistan
See previous comment
Transnistria
Well ... when you discuss with Kundik, a member of Numista, you understand that it's a country, with circulating coins. And this country will last a while ...
Uzbekistan
See comment above
Yemen - People's Democratic Republic
Isn't it nice to get this envelop in his collection ?
Yemenite states

See you soon in the club :8D

You forgot 2 easy ones: Zaire and China - ancient. Both arrived yesterday (China is still waiting for me as the ring didn't work and this one arrived by signed letter).
So, my count says 18 countries missing, and will say 17 in a few hours.
I think you missed some members:
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=49251
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=27789
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=5438
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=16059
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=21497
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=51306
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=9871
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=21604 :)
China addition will take a few more time as encountering an issue with Western Han coinage. I'll try to work on asap, but we can consider me at 283.
Quote: "Nicola"​I think you missed some members:
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=49251
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=27789
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=5438
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=16059
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=21497
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=51306
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=9871
https://en.numista.com/echanges/profil.php?id=21604 :)
​Membership of the club is on request. And the yearly fee must have been paid !
I recieve almost all the easy countries i didn't have
Kuwait
Macedonia
Cape Verde
Togo
Mali
Timor
Qatar
Guinea (portuguese)

And 3 not so easy
Pitcairn
Palau
North Borneo
#395 Etruria "black country"
#396 Aksum "black country"
#397 BES Islands
#398 American Samoa
The man in black :°
#318 India-Ancient

#319 Mongol Empire

#320 Tatarstan

#321 Some New Country In My Count

Matt
The man in black would be the late country singer Johnny Cash. 8)

By the way, is the yearly fee for the club for 2017 the same as it was for 2016?:D
Quote: "eug"​By the way, is the yearly fee for the club for 2017 the same as it was for 2016?:D

​Unfortunately I fear that inflation and the tense geopolitical situation will lead to a significant fees increase :snif:
#337 Mongol Empire
#317 French Cochinchina
#338 Judea
#339 Numidia
#351 Livonia
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces53989.html
#318 British East Indies
#340 Venezuelan Provinces
#399 Moravia
#320 Mombasa (piece)
#321 st Kitts and Nevis

#322 Jerusalem cruade state
Well there's a kick in the gonads!!!

Changed my 300 Country Club to include only pre-1961 (where applicable) and went from 190 countries down to 89 countries.

I've only been at this less than 2 years and I love a challenge.

I'll catch you folks yet:love:
We were so busy deciding whether we could, we never asked ourselves whether we should!
# 400 Belgium - Feudal

I believe that I am the first member of the 400 country club. :8D

I sure hope that Frenchlover does not increase my yearly fees.8)
Any members of the club achieve the 300 countries goal without any non-circulating legal tender coins or those from the so-called "micronations". Probably not as challenging as Peter M. Graham's goal of 300 countries with only pre-1961 issues.
I will have to look through my collection to see how many countries I have not counting non-circulating coins. Will also see how many not counting newer than 1961. Could take some time but should be interesting.

The only "micronation" I have is Hutt River".
I just checked and I only have 4 NCLT's but only two count towards my country total of 340. They are Western Sahara and Tristan da Cunha. I don't plan on acquiring anymore NCLT's and I do not own or plan to own any coins from micronations.
It finally happened - I am here )))
Congratulations. Let me be the first to welcome you to the club.
It's still March 1st here on the East Coast, so Happy birthday, Gene!
I have 42 NCLT coins in my country count. That means that I have 358 countries not counting NCLT. As soon as chompmaster approves my coin from Mauretania (ancient), I will have 359.

I do not have Micronations, Lundy, Sealand, and Seborga, and do not plan on getting them. I also do not plan on getting Abkhazia.
A nice Puffin in your collection ? ;)
New countries should appear today or over weekend:

Tortola
Tobago
Trinidad
St. Kitts
Nevis
Saint Bartholomew
St. Eustatius

More info here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic57820.html#p475975
Not exactly what we name "bargain" countries :D
In the current list of countries, there are 13 that I do not have .Here is my list and comments.

Probably never going to get one (7)

Gold Coast $1500 +
Iles de France et Bonaparte $1800 +
Mesopotamia (ancient) $$$ and hard to find
Russian Caucasia $1200 +
Egypt (ancient) $$$ and hard to find
Livonia and Estonia $400 +
Darfur Have never seen one for sale

Need to find the right deal (2)

Senegal
Netherlands West Indies

Not interested in getting (4)
Probably not countries but coin issuing entities

Abkhazia
Lundy
Sealand
Seborga

As soon as the countries from Jarcek's list are added I will have something else to chase. I hope they are not all pricey like Frenchlover's examples from Tobago.

edit: It looks like they will all be expensive and hard to find.
It goes slowly, as system needs some time to respond to changes - which means I cannot react if I am doing something wrong. But British Virgin Islands already have a section, which means Tortola should show up there too soon.
Trinidad, Tobago, St Kitts and Nevis are up and running. It will take some time to move all coins though.
Sad but unable to add a #284 as the coin to be stolen on its way :snif:

The coin was an English silver penny.

PS: I'll have a better visibility on my current request list as promoting highly-requesting country referees like Ancient Rome, Roman Provinces, Gaul and Byzantium Empire (in French for all of them and also English for Rome).
St. Eustatius is there already. Was not working, I fixed it now, so it should refresh in some time. St. Bartholomew will come online also today. <:D
Hello fellow coin collectors. I am happy to say that a few days ago I reached a milestone of 322 countries. My collection is less than 20 years in the making however dates from 100 B.C. lol.... Would be honored to enjoy your club.
KYakov
20 years gathering coins :8D
I understand why your Library is so wide :D

Welcome to the club !
Hong Kong coin collector reporting in :°

I just collect circulation coins only so reaching 300 countries could be little bit more difficult but finally reached 301 countries (after deducting 1 country being verified in new coin posting; and 1 country got tokens only).

Still two more countries in transit, Lorraine and Mexico-Revolution.
Country #341 from ancient India.
362. Duchy of Courland Schilling 1575 - Gotthard Kettler (Mitau Mint)

but I also accidentally bought a coin which brings me almost to the end of full XX century OFEC colection

Nagorno-Karabakh - 25 000 drams 1998, Ag

So now I need only 2 x more countries ;) - I have 311 / 313 existing in XX century
I bought it from http://gndm.pl/ so I hope, really really hope, this coin is not a fake from China (there are few on ebay)
I got my 300th country today! Fujairah 3 riyals, 1969. Silver with Nixon.
Hey :8D Bravo :wiz:
Welcome to the Sooners,
For sure, You'll conquer new lands soon :D
Frenchlover! Thank you! We have something in common you know. The flag of France used to fly over what is now Oklahoma. The eastern part still has county and place names that are french. And of course we eat tons of french fries.
Quote: "LCW1991"​Hong Kong coin collector reporting in :°

​I just collect circulation coins only so reaching 300 countries could be little bit more difficult but finally reached 301 countries (after deducting 1 country being verified in new coin posting; and 1 country got tokens only).

​Still two more countries in transit, Lorraine and Mexico-Revolution.
​Hi - I only collect real country circulating coins also, but found a BS Marshall islands (german unification) coin for few dollars last week and could not help myself---------------- but have 300 genuine countries, and will leave the shiny stuff collecting to other mugs- would prefer to have poor copy of hard to get country that i do not have, than a shiny token from a BS USA colony. so if anyone has a country that i have not got yet let me know
Say it as many times as you want... "BS" US colonies dont issue coins. They are not allowed to. The Marshall Islands are a sovereign nation and have sovereign control of themselves.
Despite I didn't register my Ancient China (#283) coin yet, my country #284 will be on the way tomorrow: Tonkin.
Quote: "Oklahoman"​Say it as many times as you want... "BS" US colonies dont issue coins. They are not allowed to. The Marshall Islands are a sovereign nation and have sovereign control of themselves.
​This.

IIRC, there was an issue by American Samoa, at which point it turned out that it wasn't actually illegal for US territories to make their own coins (only for states, IIRC). The US government promptly made any further such issues illegal (which didn't stop Northern Mariana Islands from trying to make some anyway).
That is right! Got to give American Samoa its due. Still doesn't make the Marshall Islands a "BS" USA territory.
Quote: "Oklahoman"​Frenchlover! Thank you! We have something in common you know. The flag of France used to fly over what is now Oklahoma. The eastern part still has county and place names that are french. And of course we eat tons of french fries.
:D When the west of the Mississippi was french, French-speaking people in Oklahoma have included not only French natives, but also French Canadians, Acadians (or Cajuns), Belgians, Swiss, Caribbean French, and other refugees from one-time French colonies.
Quote: "Oklahoman"​That is right! Got to give American Samoa its due. Still doesn't make the Marshall Islands a "BS" USA territory.
​I beg to differ---list of American colonies past and present note Marshall islands considered (1986–present as an associated state)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_colonial_possessions

so as my original description ---a BS american colony

by the way check out the claim on Falkland Islands
I haven't completely entered my collection yet so I am not sure of exactly how many countries I have. Although I don't think I have 300. My goal has been to get every country that exists now. Once I get that done I will work on hitting all the governments that no longer exist.
Marshall islands is a member of the UN and a sovereign nation. They are not a colony. Unlike our territories there is no elected member at large in our government. Citizens of the Marshalls are not citizens of the US.

they were a UN trust territory after the war...not a territory of the US.

i would agree with a phrase like BS UN territory... but to blame the US for this independent nations coinage or your personal hatred problems with the Marshalls is a bit much...
Quote: "Oklahoman"​Marshall islands is a member of the UN and a sovereign nation. They are not a colony. Unlike our territories there is no elected member at large in our government. Citizens of the Marshalls are not citizens of the US.

​they were a UN trust territory after the war...not a territory of the US.

​i would agree with a phrase like BS UN territory... but to blame the US for this independent nations coinage or your personal hatred problems with the Marshalls is a bit much...
​What does the 'BS' stand for in BS UN territory?
I think bull excrement.
I was thinking that but thought, "no" it couldn't be.
I shouldnt have lowered myself to the posters level. The original bs reference was bs US territory. I didnt like that. I should consider that some here may like the UN.
you guys with low esteems --BS bright shiny- where did the bull come from---- no hatred of the Marshall Islands-- general dislike of the issuing policy of the USA 2 many commeratives (circd and uncircd) for themselves and there colonies
Quote: "Oklahoman"​I got my 300th country today! Fujairah 3 riyals, 1969. Silver with Nixon.
​another BS coin eh, but congratulations on reaching 300- now try and do it with countries that have circulated coinage
Quote: "Oklahoman"​Marshall islands is a member of the UN and a sovereign nation. They are not a colony. Unlike our territories there is no elected member at large in our government. Citizens of the Marshalls are not citizens of the US.

​they were a UN trust territory after the war...not a territory of the US.

​i would agree with a phrase like BS UN territory... but to blame the US for this independent nations coinage or your personal hatred problems with the Marshalls is a bit much...
​ US Colony Marshall Islands (1944–86) (1986–present as an associated state)
Lol...bright shiny...im glad thats the meaning. Cuz i thought it wasnt. I am curius. What coins have the US issued for its colonies? I can only think of certain Philippine issues struck at the US branch mint in the Philippines...
Lol...bright shiny...im glad thats the meaning. Cuz i thought it wasnt. I am curius. What coins have the US issued for its colonies? I can only think of certain Philippine issues struck at the US branch mint in the Philippines...

i was trying to figure you out...i was gladly wrong.
hi Does this help- looks like at least 3 US mints have produced them for them (Marshall islands) - plus of course the Franklin mint- who i see have created coins for Niue, and cannot even spell there name right, and of course they minted for the 100,s of BS coins from Cook- Palau etc http://coinsite.com/marshall-islands-coins/
But none of those are US government mints. None are lawful coin if the US. And importantly, there is no US law authorizing any of those issues. By law only the US Mint may strike coins for the nation and territories. It was further codified and tightened up after the only territorial coins of the US was issued by American Samoa for the Americas Cup. None of the countries you just named have a US Territorial relationship. The only territories we have are Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, US Virgin Islands. We also have Washington DC. Prior to statehood Hawaii had an independent coinage. Puerto Rico and the Philippines had coinage prior to becoming US posessions. But your claim that these countries in your post are US territories is wrong, as is the claim that the US has issued coins for them.
Is Sealand a BS coinage country as well?
Its not a US colony or territory anywsy. Lol
Quote: "Oklahoman"​But none of those are US government mints. None are lawful coin if the US. And importantly, there is no US law authorizing any of those issues. By law only the US Mint may strike coins for the nation and territories. It was further codified and tightened up after the only territorial coins of the US was issued by American Samoa for the Americas Cup. None of the countries you just named have a US Territorial relationship. The only territories we have are Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, US Virgin Islands. We also have Washington DC. Prior to statehood Hawaii had an independent coinage. Puerto Rico and the Philippines had coinage prior to becoming US posessions. But your claim that these countries in your post are US territories is wrong, as is the claim that the US has issued coins for them.
​All I said was that these BS coins were minted in the USA----(can the govt not control what is made by US mints) please read the link i sent you again , and see how they have dealt with it --these nations like Marshall islands are associated states

This and I quote how they have treated both Marshall and Micronesia

"(1986–present as an associated state)"

funny thing is that if they were invaded by China---how fast would TRUMP claim them as a US colony
Mints in the US don't have to be authorized by the government, since they are not making coins for circulation in the US. The Franklin Mint is making coins for foreign countries. The coins that they make are not allowed to be circulated at US currency, because the only coins that get to do that are the ones made by the OFFICIAL US Mint.
Referee for Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Italian states, Niue, Order of Malta, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, American Samoa, Sarawak, Tibet and Zambia. All of my swap list is for sale.
Quote: "nthn"​Mints in the US don't have to be authorized by the government, since they are not making coins for circulation in the US. The Franklin Mint is making coins for foreign countries. The coins that they make are not allowed to be circulated at US currency, because the only coins that get to do that are the ones made by the OFFICIAL US Mint.
​thanks that clears that up--

So the conclusion is that even though the Marshall Islands are included in a list of past and present colonys on Wikipedia, the USA (trumpland) has no attachment to them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_state#States_in_a_formal_association

http://coinsite.com/marshall-islands-coins/

There BS uncirculated coins are made in the USA at private mints, but the govt has no control over them -- and there everyday circulating coinage is the US dollar, but somehow none of there coins are minted in the US either, -- like most things that are coming out of the US this is bewildering ,maybe FAKE news
Quote: "muzz0000"1) ​So the conclusion is that even though the Marshall Islands are included in a list of past and present colonys on Wikipedia, the USA (trumpland) has no attachment to them

​2) There BS uncirculated coins are made in the USA at private mints, but the govt has no control over them -- and there everyday circulating coinage is the US dollar, but somehow none of there coins are minted in the US either, -- like most things that are coming out of the US this is bewildering ,maybe FAKE news
​1) Yes.
2) The government does have "control" over them, but there is no need to. They are not doing anything illegal.

All of the coins circulating in the US have been minted in the US mint at the Denver, Philadelphia or San Francisco mints.
Referee for Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Italian states, Niue, Order of Malta, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, American Samoa, Sarawak, Tibet and Zambia. All of my swap list is for sale.
Quote: "nthn"
Quote: "muzz0000"1) ​So the conclusion is that even though the Marshall Islands are included in a list of past and present colonys on Wikipedia, the USA (trumpland) has no attachment to them
​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_colonial_possessions
​​
​​2) There BS uncirculated coins are made in the USA at private mints, but the govt has no control over them -- and there everyday circulating coinage is the US dollar, but somehow none of there coins are minted in the US either, -- like most things that are coming out of the US this is bewildering ,maybe FAKE news
​​1) Yes.
​2) The government does have "control" over them, but there is no need to. They are not doing anything illegal.

​All of the coins circulating in the US have been minted in the US mint at the Denver, Philadelphia or San Francisco mints.
​you are missing the point though- do the US coins circulating in the Marshall Islands come from those 3 mints -- the answer is of course yes, and therefore the Marshalls are dependancies of the US for monetary matters and social welfare ( large grants and benefits) ,and military support also from what i read
Quote: "muzz0000"

​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_colonial_possessions
​​​
​​​2) There BS uncirculated coins are made in the USA at private mints, but the govt has no control over them -- and there everyday circulating coinage is the US dollar, but somehow none of there coins are minted in the US either, -- like most things that are coming out of the US this is bewildering ,maybe FAKE news
​​​1) Yes.
​​2) The government does have "control" over them, but there is no need to. They are not doing anything illegal.
​​
​​All of the coins circulating in the US have been minted in the US mint at the Denver, Philadelphia or San Francisco mints.
​​you are missing the point though- do the US coins circulating in the Marshall Islands come from those 3 mints -- the answer is of course yes, and therefore the Marshalls are dependancies of the US for monetary matters and social welfare ( large grants and benefits) ,and military support also from what i read
​Pretty sure they use US coins in Ecuador too. Is Ecuador a US colony?

(Same question for Zimbabwe.)
Quote: "January First-of-May"

​​

​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_colonial_possessions
​​​​
​​​​2) There BS uncirculated coins are made in the USA at private mints, but the govt has no control over them -- and there everyday circulating coinage is the US dollar, but somehow none of there coins are minted in the US either, -- like most things that are coming out of the US this is bewildering ,maybe FAKE news
​​​​1) Yes.
​​​2) The government does have "control" over them, but there is no need to. They are not doing anything illegal.
​​​
​​​All of the coins circulating in the US have been minted in the US mint at the Denver, Philadelphia or San Francisco mints.
​​​you are missing the point though- do the US coins circulating in the Marshall Islands come from those 3 mints -- the answer is of course yes, and therefore the Marshalls are dependancies of the US for monetary matters and social welfare ( large grants and benefits) ,and military support also from what i read
​​Pretty sure they use US coins in Ecuador too. Is Ecuador a US colony?

​(Same question for Zimbabwe.)
​Yes, they both use US currency, but I have no idea how that works and what the relationship is with the US mint.
Zimbabwe and Ecuador are what you call "dollarized" economies. Countries may completely abandon their own currencies in cases of hyperinflation as citizens lose faith in local money. However in doing so, they completely give up monetary policy as they have no say in how the US dollar moves. In order to control the flow of money supply, the govt is only left with fiscal measures (tax, spending, budget allocation etc).

i believe Bosnia also was/is a dollarised economy although they adopted the German Mark and now the euro

as to how they get the money, they literally order plane loads of US dollars from banks and other institutions willing to sell them dollars. It's interesting to note the high amount of US golden dollar coins circulating in Zimbabwe
Outings administrator
Another difference concerning Ecuador and Zimbabwe: they still mint their own coins, which are mostly matching US coins in dimensions, for a local use. The only difference I know is about the specific 1 centavo coin in Ecuador, which color doesn't match with the US cent.

It is the same also for Panama except they decided to maintain their currency name and only to peg to the dollar at par, in the same way as are pegged to the defunct Deutsche Mark (at par too) the Bosnian Convertible Mark and the Bulgarian Lev. But to precise, I won't say "dollarized" for such currencies which are not pegged to the Mark.
Quote: "ashlobo"​It's interesting to note the high amount of US golden dollar coins circulating in Zimbabwe
​Funny, I recall the exact same anecdote about Ecuador.
Quote: "ashlobo"​It's interesting to note the high amount of US golden dollar coins circulating in Zimbabwe
​​Funny, I recall the exact same anecdote about Ecuador.
​I didn't know for Zimbabwe, but did know about this coinage flooding for Ecuador. It was said to be more popular there than in USA, in where bigger coins than the quarter remained usually impopular, making the 1 sucre (= 1 dollar) useless to be minted more than as a pattern.
Quote: "chomp-master"​Another difference concerning Ecuador and Zimbabwe: they still mint their own coins, which are mostly matching US coins in dimensions, for a local use. The only difference I know is about the specific 1 centavo coin in Ecuador, which color doesn't match with the US cent.

​It is the same also for Panama except they decided to maintain their currency name and only to peg to the dollar at par, in the same way as are pegged to the defunct Deutsche Mark (at par too) the Bosnian Convertible Mark and the Bulgarian Lev. But to precise, I won't say "dollarized" for such currencies which are not pegged to the Mark.
​just to be clear, pegging a currency is different from a dollarised economy. The GCC countries for instance, peg their local currencies to the US dollar (but not at par). Whereas a dollarised economy literally means that economies start widely using US dollars in their local transactions (whether or not their local currency still exists) without any formal arrangement with the US Fed. In pegged economies, govts haven't completely given up monetary tools to control the money supply like dollarised economies.

the Dollar coin phenomenon has been there a lot longer in Ecuador than in Zimbabwe
Outings administrator
#342 from Spitsbergen

​​

​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_colonial_possessions
​​​​
​​​​2) There BS uncirculated coins are made in the USA at private mints, but the govt has no control over them -- and there everyday circulating coinage is the US dollar, but somehow none of there coins are minted in the US either, -- like most things that are coming out of the US this is bewildering ,maybe FAKE news
​​​​1) Yes.
​​​2) The government does have "control" over them, but there is no need to. They are not doing anything illegal.
​​​
​​​All of the coins circulating in the US have been minted in the US mint at the Denver, Philadelphia or San Francisco mints.
​​​you are missing the point though- do the US coins circulating in the Marshall Islands come from those 3 mints -- the answer is of course yes, and therefore the Marshalls are dependancies of the US for monetary matters and social welfare ( large grants and benefits) ,and military support also from what i read
​​Pretty sure they use US coins in Ecuador too. Is Ecuador a US colony?

​(Same question for Zimbabwe.)
​I guess the differance with Ecuador is that it does not appear on list of American colonies

Associated states
The United States exercises a high degree of control in defense, funding, and government services in:
Federated States of Micronesia (since 1986)
Marshall Islands (since 1986)
Palau (since 1994)
#320: Hungarian States
I'm at 292...I'll see you all soon!
Will
Will Kidd
Still not registered Ancient China (gasp) but acquired 2 coins from England to be registered. Final result: #285 on its way.
Quote: "chomp-master"​Still not registered Ancient China (gasp) but acquired 2 coins from England to be registered. Final result: #285 on its way.
​not bad for someone from the Sith empire hahaha
Quote: "chomp-master"​Still not registered Ancient China (gasp) but acquired 2 coins from England to be registered. Final result: #285 on its way.
​​not bad for someone from the Sith empire hahaha
:P :O
Quote: "chomp-master"

​​​not bad for someone from the Sith empire hahaha
​​:P :O
​When are the Sithonians going to produce there own coins maybe they could take over the french Euros when France does its big exit8.
Quote: "chomp-master"

​​

​​​​not bad for someone from the Sith empire hahaha
​​​:P :O
​​When are the Sithonians going to produce there own coins maybe they could take over the french Euros when France does its big exit8.
​Imperial credits are fully numeric :O

But forget the "Frexit" as the far right candidate will probably lose.
​thats what our american friends said about Trump--look at the mess they have ended up with
​France is not USA, our electoral system are far different. But let's avoid this topic.
​funny thing is - i have not met a American yet that would admit to voting for Trump- let us see what happens in France But as you say this is the wrong place to carry this discussion so will leave it alone

dumpty do dumpty di
Was able to add

#322 Bohemia

#323 Siberia

Matt
I need 288 more countries to join you guys B)
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "druzhynets"​I need 288 more countries to join you guys B)
​You're the guy who keeps collecting San Marino coins, right? If so, I'm surprised it's not 299...

I need 19 more countries (currently at 281), though I actually have a few more that hadn't been definitely identified (India - ancient), had been misplaced a few years ago (England), or just plain hadn't been added to the catalog yet (Phoenician cities, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, [s]and whatever Tver counts as[/s] Russia - Empire, apparently, which I already have).
Planning a big coin shop trip on Saturday the 27th, where I could maybe pick up 3-4 more; considering a small trip this Saturday.
​​You're the guy who keeps collecting San Marino coins, right? If so, I'm surprised it's not 299...

​I need 19 more countries (currently at 281), though I actually have a few more that hadn't been definitely identified (India - ancient), had been misplaced a few years ago (England), or just plain hadn't been added to the catalog yet (Phoenician cities, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, [s]and whatever Tver counts as[/s] Russia - Empire, apparently, which I already have).
​Planning a big coin shop trip on Saturday the 27th, where I could maybe pick up 3-4 more; considering a small trip this Saturday.

You're right, I like San Marino coins very much (I have almost 400 different types now!).
But also I like some coins from other countries. I try not to limit my collection to one country only. San Marino is a priority, but if I see a nice coin from other country - I take it.

Two years ago I had 275 different countries, but then I sold the collection because urgently needed some money. :( So, my San Marino collection is quite new and my world coins collection started from a scratch.
ROMAE AETERNAE
Quote: "druzhynets"

​​​You're the guy who keeps collecting San Marino coins, right? If so, I'm surprised it's not 299...
​​
​​I need 19 more countries (currently at 281), though I actually have a few more that hadn't been definitely identified (India - ancient), had been misplaced a few years ago (England), or just plain hadn't been added to the catalog yet (Phoenician cities, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, [s]and whatever Tver counts as[/s] Russia - Empire, apparently, which I already have).
​​Planning a big coin shop trip on Saturday the 27th, where I could maybe pick up 3-4 more; considering a small trip this Saturday.
​​
​You're right, I like San Marino coins very much (I have almost 400 different types now!).
​But also I like some coins from other countries. I try not to limit my collection to one country only. San Marino is a priority, but if I see a nice coin from other country - I take it.

​Two years ago I had 275 different countries, but then I sold the collection because urgently needed some money. :( So, my San Marino collection is quite new and my world coins collection started from a scratch.
​If I tried to sell my collection, I would have probably ended up with a hilariously tiny amount of money :) the coins I have are mostly cheap and worn!

In my entire collection, there are only maybe a few dozen coins I paid more than $10 for (and less than a dozen beyond $20, all of them predating the 2014 exchange rate jump); as far as I can remember, only in 3 cases of the entire 285 did my cheapest coin from a country cost over $10 (England $40, Austrian states $15, St. Helena $11; I think in one or two more cases my first coin from a country cost over $10 but I got a cheaper one later - England will probably end up in this category eventually).
That said, I intend to buy a Liechtenstein coin for ~$40 sometime before the end of May. (It won't be the most I've ever paid for a coin if counted in dollars, but it would be in my country's currency.)

​​

​​​​You're the guy who keeps collecting San Marino coins, right? If so, I'm surprised it's not 299...
​​​
​​​I need 19 more countries (currently at 281), though I actually have a few more that hadn't been definitely identified (India - ancient), had been misplaced a few years ago (England), or just plain hadn't been added to the catalog yet (Phoenician cities, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, [s]and whatever Tver counts as[/s] Russia - Empire, apparently, which I already have).
​​​Planning a big coin shop trip on Saturday the 27th, where I could maybe pick up 3-4 more; considering a small trip this Saturday.
​​​
​​You're right, I like San Marino coins very much (I have almost 400 different types now!).
​​But also I like some coins from other countries. I try not to limit my collection to one country only. San Marino is a priority, but if I see a nice coin from other country - I take it.
​​
​​Two years ago I had 275 different countries, but then I sold the collection because urgently needed some money. :( So, my San Marino collection is quite new and my world coins collection started from a scratch.
​​If I tried to sell my collection, I would have probably ended up with a hilariously tiny amount of money :) the coins I have are mostly cheap and worn!

​In my entire collection, there are only maybe a few dozen coins I paid more than $10 for (and less than a dozen beyond $20, all of them predating the 2014 exchange rate jump); as far as I can remember, only in 3 cases of the entire 285 did my cheapest coin from a country cost over $10 (England $40, Austrian states $15, St. Helena $11; I think in one or two more cases my first coin from a country cost over $10 but I got a cheaper one later - England will probably end up in this category eventually).
​That said, I intend to buy a Liechtenstein coin for ~$40 sometime before the end of May. (It won't be the most I've ever paid for a coin if counted in dollars, but it would be in my country's currency.)
​Well, I usually collect silver, that's why it's harder to increase the number of countries.
ROMAE AETERNAE

​​

​​​
​​

​​​​​You're the guy who keeps collecting San Marino coins, right? If so, I'm surprised it's not 299...
​​​​
​​​​I need 19 more countries (currently at 281), though I actually have a few more that hadn't been definitely identified (India - ancient), had been misplaced a few years ago (England), or just plain hadn't been added to the catalog yet (Phoenician cities, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, [s]and whatever Tver counts as[/s] Russia - Empire, apparently, which I already have).
​​​​Planning a big coin shop trip on Saturday the 27th, where I could maybe pick up 3-4 more; considering a small trip this Saturday.
​​​​
​​​You're right, I like San Marino coins very much (I have almost 400 different types now!).
​​​But also I like some coins from other countries. I try not to limit my collection to one country only. San Marino is a priority, but if I see a nice coin from other country - I take it.
​​​
​​​Two years ago I had 275 different countries, but then I sold the collection because urgently needed some money. :( So, my San Marino collection is quite new and my world coins collection started from a scratch.
​​​If I tried to sell my collection, I would have probably ended up with a hilariously tiny amount of money :) the coins I have are mostly cheap and worn!
​​
​​In my entire collection, there are only maybe a few dozen coins I paid more than $10 for (and less than a dozen beyond $20, all of them predating the 2014 exchange rate jump); as far as I can remember, only in 3 cases of the entire 285 did my cheapest coin from a country cost over $10 (England $40, Austrian states $15, St. Helena $11; I think in one or two more cases my first coin from a country cost over $10 but I got a cheaper one later - England will probably end up in this category eventually).
​​That said, I intend to buy a Liechtenstein coin for ~$40 sometime before the end of May. (It won't be the most I've ever paid for a coin if counted in dollars, but it would be in my country's currency.)
​​Well, I usually collect silver, that's why it's harder to increase the number of countries.
​That explains it - I don't have that much silver in my collection (especially NCLT silver - I have maybe three or four of those, all from my crazy buying spree of spring 2011, except the American Silver Eagle which I got as a gift).
With the help of Phil I was able to add another country once again!

#324 Order Of Malta

Matt
I just reached 300th...
So... England has to be added as well as China (ancient). But also added Bohemia and Comoro Islands. So currently #285 but up to #287.
Quote: "shashi106"​I just reached 300th...
​All these coins have long travel to reach these paradisiac shores !

And U get some very rare countries !
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!
Quote: "shashi106"​I just reached 300th...
​​All these coins have long travel to reach these paradisiac shores !

​And U get some very rare countries !
​Congratulations, and welcome to the club!
​Many thanks...
#325 Judea

I will get a Picture to update this and I will have #326 Soon thanks to a buddy in NZ snagging a Tonkin coin for me.

Matt
Some new challenges. B)

https://en.numista.com/forum/topic60437.html#p496408
​Hi all,
​actually 318 countries in my Numista collection.
​Could I join your club ?​
Any more vacancies?8~x.:.:~
I don't have 300 countries, but I may finally catch them up!!!:)
Quote: "tonidefrancia"​​Hi all,
​​actually 318 countries in my Numista collection.
​​Could I join your club ?​
​Sure You Are a Member Toni :wiz:
Even though is less easy to boast the heavenly universe of the previous member of the Fiji. But in Fiji, they do not have such a beautiful forest almost in your city, a real lung, populated by red squirrels, deer, foxes, badgers, martens, weasels, black peaks, cuckoos, woodcocks, carnivals, jays,raptors, tits, finches, robins, sitels ...

Sort of Paradise:D
My profile avatar have the arms of Liechtenstein and Bohemia, but I myself donnot have these countries. 8~
Did anyone secure Nabataean Kingdom ?
Quote: "Subha Barua"​My profile avatar have the arms of Liechtenstein and Bohemia, but I myself donnot have these countries. 8~
​I have both (and even Nabataean Kingdom - I actually had to buy five or six coins from there before I stumbled on one that was listed on Numista; thankfully they were relatively cheap).
Liechtenstein was my most expensive single-coin purchase in the last five years though :) (and second most expensive in my entire coin collecting history).

Still not technically in the club, however (292 countries right now - 8 still to go).
Quote: "Subha Barua"​My profile avatar have the arms of Liechtenstein and Bohemia, but I myself donnot have these countries. 8~
​Well ... easier to get a Liechenstein coin in the flood of Padma, Jamuna or Meghna rivers than a Bohemia genuine silver coin:8D
Lets see a Gross token struck for tourists when I visited the current Bohemia :D
Thanks , but you will find the old silver coins of Muhammed Ali shah of Bengal Or might be the Isa Khan, Shansuddin Ilyas shah, or who knows, Emperor Akbar.
Yes!!!!:~
Some Bohemia coins are actually quite cheap.
Quote: "Jarcek"​Some Bohemia coins are actually quite cheap.
​I actually didn't pay more than $4 for any of the four Bohemia coins I have (admittedly one of them was a bargain bin find, but in other three cases the seller knew perfectly well what they were selling, and I still didn't pay that much).
The cheapest on sale is at 12€50 shipping included.
But there might be other way to catch'em else than the standard key word "Bohemia" ?
Ebay is xxxx for Bohemia coins. Search other auction sites.
Jarcek, things are serious!
After a very lively election campaign, you were elected to the supreme rank of
Reverend PSOBC *
So if you can give a tip, go on :8D

* Prefered supplier of Bohemian coins
Quote: "Frenchlover"​Jarcek, things are serious!
​After a very lively election campaign, you were elected to the supreme rank of
​Reverend PSOBC *
​So if you can give a tip, go on :8D

​ * Prefered supplier of Bohemian coins
​I can't travel to Europe to get a Bohemian one, Numista is there. :)
Exit a flap of history "Spain civil war"
With countries standing now on 437 (and soon to rise by about 8 or so) and (presumably) first member with 400 countries, isn't it time for update? :°
Definitely, it's time for a 400 countries club.
ROMAE AETERNAE
321:
Lost Mongol Empire.
But won Mongol States: Golden Horde and Timurid Empire
322: South Georgia & S. Sandwich Islands
Quote: "Jarcek"​With countries standing now on 437 (and soon to rise by about 8 or so) and (presumably) first member with 400 countries, isn't it time for update? :°
​There an amazing amount of coins from 400 countries next to Pikes Peak :8D
We've just got our gold rush champion !
323: Yemenite states
Hi

I currently have 330 Numista countries in my collection. The rate of increase has now slowed dramatically.

I was wondering if I could join your club?
Great:wiz:

Welcome to the club:wiz:

With so many countries, I have never seen a collector so fussy about the circulating characteristic !
Congrats :8D

But if you do not allow yourself a few slips, it will not be so easy to progress ...

However, the following countries are within arm's reach :

- Crimea
- Gaul
- India dutch : These following Pondichery coins are not belonging to French india but Dutch india

- India ancient (Punch Mark Silver karshapana)
- India Mughal empire
- Islamic states (Almohads for example)
- Italian Somaliland (more expensive than a pizza)
- Roman province (even though Numista has dramatically restrained the perimeter) a nice Sphynx ?
And Vietnam empire

And then ... you might succumb to the temptation :D
Quote: "Frenchlover"​.

​But if you do not allow yourself a few slips, it will not be so easy to progress ...
​.
​​And then ... you might succumb to the temptation :D

Thanks for the suggestions. Vietnam Empire (really French Annam Protectorate) and Principality of Antioch should be in the mail already. I looked into Islamic States and India Mughal Empire coinage already, but attributing these is tough, since I have a hard time with Arabic script.

I should mention that I already have 20+ NCLT-only countries waiting in the wings, and not yet added to my Numista collection. I'd like to see how far I can get before adding these in.

#324: Spitsbergen
#325: Roman provinces
It looks like I'm no longer a member of the 300 countries club -- My collection has only 237 countries now.
Yes, reorganization began. Now we have two counters, one for first level countries and another for sections, which counts every section. Club will have to adapt somehow. :°

More here: https://en.numista.com/forum/topic61805.html
Quote: "phfoticus"​It looks like I'm no longer a member of the 300 countries club -- My collection has only 237 countries now.
​Sure you are. You don't have to go by what Numista designates as a country.
By the way, it is better to collect by coin issuing entity, which is exactly what is described by sections.
I meant to join and never did. But now I've dropped from 359 to 259. Oh well.
Quote: "Jarcek"​By the way, it is better to collect by coin issuing entity, which is exactly what is described by sections.
​First you dictate what constitutes a country and then you tell someone how to collect.
Quote: "SRV5490"
Quote: "You don't have to go by what Numista designates as a country. "You don't have to go by what Numista designates as a country.
The 300 Countries club is a Numista concept, so I believe we do have to go by Numista countries/sections, etc. I suppose they'll have to rename the club to something like the "250 Country Club" or the "300 Section Club", or (if things get broken down far enough) the "500 Section Club".

My own collection is organized by issuing authorities, which would include things like US/Connecticut, US/Massachusetts, Philippines(Spain), Philippines(US), Philippines, etc., only some of which are recognized by Numista. ​
What I am trying to tell, is that section is basically differently named country.
Quote: "Tovarich"​I meant to join and never did. But now I've dropped from 359 to 259. Oh well.
​I really wanted to join, but got stuck at 293 (and now have 233).
Quote: "phfoticus"
Quote: "SRV5490"

Quote: "You don't have to go by what Numista designates as a country. "You don't have to go by what Numista designates as a country.
​The 300 Countries club is a Numista concept, so I believe we do have to go by Numista countries/sections, etc. I suppose they'll have to rename the club to something like the "250 Country Club" or the "300 Section Club", or (if things get broken down far enough) the "500 Section Club".

​My own collection is organized by issuing authorities, which would include things like US/Connecticut, US/Massachusetts, Philippines(Spain), Philippines(US), Philippines, etc., only some of which are recognized by Numista. ​
​You only have to follow along if you want to belong to the 300 club I guess. Otherwise count the countries as you see them and not how someone dictates them to you.
Thank you Jarek. You are awesome! I am excited for the tier 3 countries!
Folks, collect for fun, not for the numbers!

I had almost 280 countries and understood that collecting Seborga, Sealand etc won't make me happier despite incrementing the counter... Collect with your heart!
ROMAE AETERNAE
I am still a 65 km way....I had to go more 348 kms.
Nice!
There is an upheaval :8D

Still some corrections ongoing.
I propose some:

1) Trying to regroup some countries to clarify might be a good evolution. Then it might be interesting to call these groups as they are: Groups, groupings, regions, sets, ensembles, agregates, areas etc...

Then they are entities in these groups that we are used to name "countries" that are called now "sections". These entities are well determined in the space geography/hystory. The word "section" is not so precise.

So I propose to name the groups as GROUPS or AREAS, and sections still get the name of COUNTRIES or ENTITIES
And in our own profile please show together our "Groups number" and "Countries number".

At least, you won't have to change the paragraph "View the country list with your collection quantities."
And by the way, does anybody care about his own number of coins of a group ?

2) Then what do we want to group ?
Are there historical groups or geographic groups, or vaguely a mix of history and geography, or a mess ?
Why the "French Colonies" is in the area "France" and not French West Africa ? Why "British west indies" in the area "UK" and not all other former british territories ?
You might group also "Rhodesia & Nyasaland" current countries, same for Korea. The group "Bohemia" includes now "Moravia" but not "Bohemia and Moravia" etc ....
So you can make any grouping you want, this is of little importance, we'll not enter "France" when we want to look at "St pierre et Miquelon",
but please,
let us play
with
our
Countriezzzz.:D
Main goal is to give historical entities countrylike listing so they will stop being listed as currencies.

I agree that sections might not be the best way of naming. With groups however, that is problematic, especially coming with good criteria about how we should divide them.
Quote: "Jarcek"​Main goal is to give historical entities countrylike listing so they will stop being listed as currencies.

Please expand your argumentation
German states are best example, independent countries lumped into one country, all together equal to Tonkin? Not anymore.

For those who were counting countries, just look at sections count. That shows all the countries and there will be many more. Country count is for bigger groups.
I think its an extension from the idea of a country to a wider view of coin issuing entity.
back to the example of for example German states, usually it is a single country that mints their coins but some places in the past such as the German States, the country was split up by several States, cities and bishoprics that enjoyed their independence with sometimes their own ruler under the Holy Roman Empire.
Many of these Cities, States, Bishoprics... had the right to mint their own coins.

Different topic for Jarek, on the french side there seems to be some confusion.
do we have someone that will explain the changes that have and will be made?
If you like coins, medals and tokens with ship motives follow my new instagram account with regular updates @numisnautiker
Quote: "apuking"​I think its an extension from the idea of a country to a wider view of coin issuing entity.
​back to the example of for example German states, usually it is a single country that mints their coins but some places in the past such as the German States, the country was split up by several States, cities and bishoprics that enjoyed their independence with sometimes their own ruler under the Holy Roman Empire.
​Many of these Cities, States, Bishoprics... had the right to mint their own coins.

​Different topic for Jarek, on the french side there seems to be some confusion.
​do we have someone that will explain the changes that have and will be made?

​My colleague, Pejounet is not here at the moment. Any my French is non existent. Could you please translate my last two messages from here and post it here: https://fr.numista.com/forum/topic61822.html

I would be most thankful.
Now it's really hard to have 300 Countries.
my new count is 252 Countries and 344 Sections.
I believe most of us will be out if we count the new definition of country by numista
Quote: "andysla"​Now it's really hard to have 300 Countries.
​my new count is 252 Countries and 344 Sections.
​I believe most of us will be out if we count the new definition of country by numista
​it's not possible. Only 289 available 'countries' in the country list now
Trying to get a coin from each UN country with circulating coins. 20 to go!
I suspect the 300 countries club will have to split into 250 "new" countries club and 400 sections club :D

Or it could just include countries/sections up to second level only (by which system I currently have, I believe, 292). It would be hard to estimate, however.
500 sections club sounds good :wiz:
ROMAE AETERNAE
Countre 253 - Seccion 352
Kingdom of Numidia
Quote: "Frenchlover"​Lets see the list of unusual countries.:)
​No member of the "300 countries club" gets coins from countries in black(;0
​Then in decreasing order of difficulty, colors switch down to the purple haze.
​Only one member doesn't own a purple country, so, they are easier to catch:wiz:

Update 2017 January the first.
​413 countries : 6 with no collector, 159 with at least one collector

​and 248 countries in common

​One new member in the club. Now 24 members.
​From 24th October 2016 to 1st January 2017:

​312 -> 311 - 007mat (France)
​343->346 - addrr (France)
​318 - Al Louarn (Brittany)
​314 -> 316 - alamir (Germany)
​327 - auctionking65 (USA)
​314 -> 316 - billymac11 (USA)
​312 - Chasinva69 (USA)
​387 - Erdvilla (Mexico)
​369 -> 392 - eug (USA)
​338 ->339 - Frenchlover (France)
​361 - geraltttt82 (Poland)
​322 - jadejackal (USA)
​315 -> 321 - jelle (The Netherlands)
​335 - loran34 (France)
​323 -> 326 - mic-w-nl (The Netherlands)
​305 -> 309 - muzz0000 (New Zealand)
​310 -> 311 - Myeackle (USA)
​359 -> 363 - NIGLO (France)
​331 -> 333 - Numismaticroy (UK)
​336 - Pott (USA)
​ 329 - Redgie (Canada)
​330 -> 331 - SRV5490 (USA)
​320 -> 324 - sujit_kumar (USA)
​338 -> 336 - Yorkie (UK)
​Very nice work congradulation for that work. Will that list be updated under the new patern of countries soon. Thanks
Redgie
We're not in a hurry to create a new issuer's club :8D in addition there are some grumpy ones who dedicate to public obloquy this kind of performance :D

For the moment the holy roman empire is leading the edge, let see what will give the split of Islamic states, India princely states, sultanate states and kingdoms ...
I have got to 300 today.
Hello.

I expanded the work that you make for countries. Now I consider issuers in the search.

This is the link to the post:

https://en.numista.com/forum/topic89362.html#p755996
Nice work indeed
I expanded the work.

https://en.numista.com/forum/topic98275.html

Is it time to a new 300 country Club? Perhaps an issuer Club.

» Top of the page

Used time zone is UTC+2:00.
Current time is 06:25PM.