Gallery view for my coins [solved]

14 posts

This message aims at: suggesting an idea to improve Numista

[My collection]
Upvotes: 11
Downvotes: 0

» Quick access to the last post

Hello, sometimes I would like to show my coins for a friend but don't have actual coins with me.
At the moment my coins are in the list view which is quite technical (?).
It would be great to have an option to see/show my coins in gallery view (like eBay).
Thank you.
On your Profile there is currently no View link beside your Collection.

Go to your Profile page and tick the box that lets it be seen.
Then anyone can look at it. https://en.numista.com/echanges/voir_collection.php?id=19675
Which when enabled that would be the link you can send to people.
On top right of any page is your name, which has Profile / Settings / Sign out below it.
Go to Settings and it is near end of page >

Here is a part of one page of the 48 pages in my collection on here, to show what it looks like >
I was thinking more about the way how to show/see my coins rather than ability to do it.
Gallery view - suggestion:

List view - current:
A similar idea was posted on https://en.numista.com/forum/topic87297.html
I copy it here for reference.
Quote: "KSB66"​Is it possible to add a display option by " type only " in "my coins".

​so if i click my coins i see a list with photos of all the types i have but not every single year.
​if i want to see that i have to click the type.
Not a bad idea.
See also the display picclick uses. It makes visual searches very fast.
Quand l'Histoire et la Géographie se croisent sur nos pièces de monnaie ...
Referee for Austria-Habsburg, Austrian Netherlands, Austrian States, Bohemia, Silesia.
Traducteur, demandez en cas de besoin ! Translator, ask if you need !
Hello,

You may now choose to see "My coins" with a gallery view.

Clicking on the link below the picture will show you the details of your collection.

There are actually 2 gallery views, which you can choose in the dropdown list "Layout" on the right, below the filters:
  • Gallery by type, which shows one pair of pictures per coin type.
  • Gallery by coin, which shows one pair of pictures per coin in your collection. This is especially useful if you to better see your own pictures.
Status changed to Implemented (Xavier, 28-May-2020, 18:51)
Just in case anyone was confused as to how you get to the new page you have to pick a country first from the My Coins dashboard page!
Quote: "peterjhalford"​Just in case anyone was confused as to how you get to the new page you have to pick a country first from the My Coins dashboard page!
​Indeed, or you may also directly click on "OK" to see all the countries. That's similar to the current way to view the list of your coins.
Wonderful. Yes, choose a country then go to the right; and I chose
Exonumia - Layout: Gallery by type ...

just to see what it would look like. The little blue numbers are how many you have.
Very nice - thank you. :)
Thank you very much.
Is it possible to show your pictures to other users?
ūūūūū
Quote: "Xavier"
​​Indeed, or you may also directly click on "OK" to see all the countries. That's similar to the current way to view the list of your coins.
​Hello, Xavier. Thank you very much for your efforts. That's really useful feature we are all have been waiting for!

I have just explored it and put my notes:
- there is filter by collection, grade but no info about properties in the layout. Is it possible to add it into layout (at least for year mode):
- collection could be highlighted with the same color which the collector defined in collection's properties instead of default blue color indication for all coins at the moment
- grade could be just followed by year, e.g - 1990 (XF)

- for type mode: keep year in layout.

IMHO, find it very useful, Thanks!
Best regards,
afpcoins
Quote: "numinis"​Thank you very much.
​Is it possible to show your pictures to other users?
​Not yet, but I would like to enhance the view by other people to the same view as you have.
Quote: "afpcoins"
​I have just explored it and put my notes:
​- there is filter by collection, grade but no info about properties in the layout. Is it possible to add it into layout (at least for year mode):
​ - collection could be highlighted with the same color which the collector defined in collection's properties instead of default blue color indication for all coins at the moment
​- grade could be just followed by year, e.g - 1990 (XF)

​- for type mode: keep year in layout.
- I'm sorry I didn't understand you first point. What do you mean by "properties"? Is it a request for a new filter or for something to be displayed?
- I like this idea a lot. It's done.
- This is a nice addition as well, without taking too much space. It's done.
- In the "gallery by type", you may have several years for the same type, so it's not possible to show one year.
Quote​- I'm sorry I didn't understand you first point. What do you mean by "properties"? Is it a request for a new filter or for something to be displayed?​- I like this idea a lot. It's done.
​- This is a nice addition as well, without taking too much space. It's done.
​- In the "gallery by type", you may have several years for the same type, so it's not possible to show one year."
​Xavier, thanks for your prompt reply and adjustments, really appreciate it.

My notes below:
1 "property" - i meant "color" in profile settings.. the corresponding color is already displayed in "gallery by coin " (this already done), in "gallery by type" - we still see default blue color, despite particular gallery (yellow) filtered (picture attached)

2 i think it could be displayed period of years (Years) for coins in "gallery by type" (1-2 notes could be displayed below)

Thanks!
Best regards,
afpcoins
Good enhancement!

Now the coin counter (with blue background color) sum all coins (my collection and for swap). For example, I have one coin with 1 in my collection and 1 for swap, and counter is 2.

Can you split this in two counter?
Wanted & swap list (euro coins & world coins, exonumia and banknotes circulated) https://goo.gl/AQjfKp - I have euro & world CC coins for swap.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 20:11.