Beat up coins

13 posts

» Quick access to the last post

Does anybody else think that beat up coins have more character to them? Like this: I can't even see the date, but it makes me like it more.
Here are some more: some aren't beat up, but have odd characteristics on them.
I love it when my coin has some character to it.

Though I do want to see the details in a coin, I tend to keep the mangled ones as well as the pristine ones. The mangled ones have a much better story to tell as far as I'm concerned.
The rust and dents on my previous car also added character to it. Unfortunately, it didn't add any value.
HoH
I really wish coins could talk. The people that handled them and the places they have been. I would love to know what happened to this token and why it was selected for this abuse. A wore out penny would of been better.

Here is a high mileage coin that has proven it's value many times. Did the Queen handle it ? Jack or one of his victims?
I also want to know what and how this happened to this coin:1983 10 centimes Haiti
Perhaps one day NGC will offer a deal where you could get them slabbed with a special "Coin with character" label. :)
HoH
Quote: "Houseofham"​Perhaps one day NGC will offer a deal where you could get them slabbed with a special "Coin with character" label. :)
​Wouldn't that be great! 8)
Quote: "Houseofham"​Perhaps one day NGC will offer a deal where you could get them slabbed with a special "Coin with character" label. :)
​If one offers to pay NGC $50-60 for each coin with such a label, they might very well agree :)
I collect coins and tokens which circulated in Africa from 18th century to 2000. I sell about 7000 illustrated world coins from http://www.avscoins.com.
Quote: "Andrey"
​​If one offers to pay NGC $50-60 for each coin with such a label, they might very well agree :)
​That's exactly the reason why I hope they don't add such a tag. X-D
I hate to say this, But I think they do G4 label. But I do have a "dead coin book" or collection. Just and old note book with old coin pages. And put any and everything in it. And in the back I keep coins with holes. So iam I dead coin collector too.
newest one is a Greece and Mexico. I will actually put in coin flips and try to fully ID

It is, what it is, or is it.
Quote: "ALLRED1950"​ I hate to say this, But I think they do G4 label. But I do have a "dead coin book" or collection. Just and old note book with old coin pages. And put any and everything in it. And in the back I keep coins with holes. So iam I dead coin collector too.
​newest one is a Greece and Mexico. I will actually put in coin flips and try to fully ID

​That's a great idea! A dead coin book. I'll be stealing that if you don't mind.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 22:02.