Things are not always what they look like [solved]

4 posts
Straits Settlements 1900 5 Cents

Most members know I like error coins and keep an eye out for them. Well I seen this coin and he did say there was no patina and he thought it was cleaned. The pictures he posted caught my eye so I bought it for $3.00. When I received the coin I no longer seen the errors (face of Victoria). (The 5 extra metal was there and I cleaned the black on it) that caught my eye.

The picture on the left is mine and on the right is his. I believe he used a lot of Photo Shop.

Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
I'm not sure about the errors but I'm definitely seeing some differences there. For example on yours I see a scar on Victoria's eye that I just can't find in the seller photos. There are a few other things like that too.
Quote: "MonaSeaclaid"​I'm not sure about the errors but I'm definitely seeing some differences there. For example on yours I see a scar on Victoria's eye that I just can't find in the seller photos. There are a few other things like that too.
I believe it has to do with the lighting he shot with and all the Photo Shop garbage he did to the coin.
I believe it is the same coin because of the damage to the 5 - hard to find another one like that.​
Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right.
- Henry Ford
I'm saying that I'm inclined to agree. There's something weird going on here, photoshop seems like the most likely explanation.

That 5 is definitely still very interesting, and I still think the coin is very nice, but it has to be disappointing to have dealt with such a shady character. I'm sorry it's not the coin you expected and wanted.

» Forum policy

Used time zone is UTC+1:00.
Current time is 23:17.